Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BDR DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 04:52 AM
there is a guy in the for sale forum at NECO that has 5 DMDs he is sellin for $89 shipped!!!!
!!!!NEW!!!!!
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 04:55 AM
Originally posted by imprtKLLR:
there is a guy in the for sale forum at NECO that has 5 DMDs he is sellin for $89 shipped!!!!
!!!!NEW!!!!!

Private sale? Ad? Contact info?
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 04:59 AM
go to the site!

www.newcougar.org
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 05:06 AM
im calling that guy tomorow. The bolt that i need can i get that at ford or do i need a bolt specialy for a dmd
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 05:43 AM
i think you could use the stock one!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 11:17 AM
You could, but its a torque to yield bolt, meaning your only suppose to use it once.

Posted By: Stazi Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 12:49 PM
NO YOU CAN'T!

You yield the bolt when you install it which means the original one is crap and can't be reused.

Don't be cheap, buy a new bolt!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 01:25 PM
I think the new bolt is only like $2.50 at BAT. Can't be all that much more from Bill J.
Posted By: White99SE Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 02:00 PM

Um... I think what he means is the bolt that you buy is the stock one, not a special bolt. Not that you can reuse the old bolt. Or maybe I'm wrong
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 02:21 PM
thats wat i meant, but you know that post whore Stazi, had to straightn me out!!
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 02:44 PM
Hell yeah! I just ordered mine! There's 3 left BEEYOTCHES
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 03:59 PM
One left as of about 10:30 AM eastern.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 05:32 PM
I got the last one

Thanks, imprtKLLR for posting this!

-Lance
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 05:43 PM
Conours representin'! They didn't even post it on CEG and we bought 3 out of 5.

I think this is due mostly to the fact that since our cars are no longer made, we have scavenger like tendancies towards any part made momentarily available to us?
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 06:02 PM
I got one at 8:00 this morning pacific time! I'm not sure any cougars got one:P
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Conours representin'! They didn't even post it on CEG and we bought 3 out of 5.

you mean 4, i got one too!!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 06:52 PM
LOL, we got all of them!

imprtKLLR
ATL-SVT
MotorCity
95Mike
and me!

-Lance
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 07:27 PM
We swarm like killer bees! Thanks Rich!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 07:43 PM
This is James at CustomCougars.Com... Just wanted to let you all know that I was able to get 14 of these at a discounted price so I now have 5 left if anyone need them. Just give me a call at the office till 5Pm EST to ensure you get one...
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 08:05 PM
DMDs here! Get your your D M D!

Any other deals that us 'Tour owners can jump in on?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:17 PM
Score!!!!!

w00t!

I was planning on this mod in summer, but I couldn't pass up the deal. Thanks, James.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:18 PM
Everyone is out of stock too I think. I know CTA and TH are.
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:21 PM
SP and BAT also!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:21 PM
No problem guys... Stock isn't an issue at this time... I got 4 left...
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:46 PM
boo ya, just picked one up!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 09:52 PM
TWO LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got mine
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 11:18 PM
SCORE! Just ordered mine, ONLY ONE LEFT
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/29/03 11:23 PM
We really need to meet up some time Mike... our cars and our timeing is un-canny.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 12:48 AM
what is a dmd ????
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 12:53 AM
DMD
Posted By: Barge Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 01:41 AM
I got the first of 5. So another one for CEG. Couldn't pass up this deal. I had my money Paypaled before 8AM EST.

Posted By: goldsmi_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 02:28 AM
It's a torque-to-yield bolt and a deformable washer.
Replace the bolt and the washer when installing the DMD.

Bolt - F5RZ-6A340-B Bolt, M12x1.5 $3.12
Washer - F1AZ-6378-A Washer, 13.5x39.5 $3.27

Not the place to try and save a buck!

AL

Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 03:46 AM
So wait are there any left?
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 04:01 AM
Maybe one. I would call first thing in the morning if your looking to get one.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 11:47 AM
Actually there is still a handful left... I was reserving some for Cougar Peeps who obviously didn't get in yesterday. If you would like one, call me and I will ensure you get one. Make sure you ask about delivery time. Most orders are shipping Feb 11th and those who get in after the first 14 will be shipping a few days after the 11th.
Posted By: fast80svt_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 03:56 PM
Yeah, boy! Just got my order in. He told me that there is still one more left. Some one else can still jump in on this good deal. My DMD ships on the 11th. Thanks, James.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 04:05 PM
All orders for the rest of today will be shipped on Feb 13th when my second batch is expected to arrive. All of you who already ordered will ship as planned.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 04:13 PM
i want one.... who do i send money to, and do you take paypal.... Thanks for the extras!!!!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 04:19 PM
Paypal webmaster@customcougars.com $89 or call 540-663-5363
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 09:51 PM
i ordered mine yesterday!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 10:38 PM
Guys.. I got 2 Left on the Second Batch. Once these are sold CustomCougars.Com can ALWAYS import another batch of 10 at a time. Time frame to arrive to our office is 10 days from date the order is dispatched from the UK. When you call to order, you will be told when your order is expected to ship. I know most of you aren't in a big rush to get your DMD's but we want to get them out to you ASAP. So give us a call if you want one and I will ensure you get it at $89 Shipped.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 10:41 PM
must...resist...urge...to...spend...money...
hopeless; this is too easy!!!

Thanks James!
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 10:45 PM
Just bought mine!!! I am so poor right now... but its all on the credit card!!! sweet.....
Posted By: quickSVT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 11:05 PM
i ordered mine earlier this morning. i just called him to make sure everything we well {5:40) he told me he still has about 5 left. gotta have it.
Posted By: Import*Killer_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 11:10 PM
Sorry guys I just got the last one! Lets see how hard it is to install now and what kind of difference it makes.

Jerry
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/30/03 11:12 PM
Guys I ordered ANOTHER Batch of 10... If you want one, call ASAP.... These are expected to ship aroun Feb 15th or so...
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 01:20 AM
please still be in business in march
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 02:14 AM
Somebody go check the classifieds and tell me I am not dreaming

There are bunch for sale for $85 including shipping and new bolt

Whats going on?
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 02:34 AM
I have no idea... I have no affilliation with this person and can assure you our sources are not the same... Anyone know who he is?
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 02:41 AM
Just while I am thinking about it... I looked at the other sale and its a great deal at $85 shipped with $3 for the bolts and washer... Sorry I cannot do anything to my pricing or product. I can let you all know that I am a business that is registered with the BBB and have been in business for over 18 months. I can also Accept Visa, Mastercard or Discover over the phone during normal business hours.

Thanks
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:01 AM
Does anybody know anything about the guy in the classifieds? What would the ETA on one ordered from you tomorrow be?
Posted By: tgrimes Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:21 AM
I am the "other guy."

The ETA for delivery would be 10 working days from the time you place your order, given the warehouse has them in stock.
Currently they have several in stock.

As I mentioned in the ad, all orders are guaranteed to be filled, or a prompt refund will be issued.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:36 AM
And you are? Do you own a store front? accept credit cards? Who are you? You can post that in your thread so CEG knows. If your price is better than me, I can't deny that. I just have a business and CEG or better yet NECO knows me as CustomCougars.Com
Posted By: tgrimes Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:50 AM
I am Tim Grimes, I do accept credit cards through PayPal, and I do have a business license through the State of Missouri.

I don't have a sophisticated operation, but I can ship DMD's for $85 with a Ford washer and bolt.

My phone number is clearly listed on my website. Anyone who has questions can either email me or call me.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:58 AM
Ok All I needed to know... Just so those who ordered from me understand that I was not aware of a John Doe popping online to sell an item.
Posted By: fast80svt_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 04:31 AM
No sweat, James. You hooked us all up with a good price on the DMD. I don't forsee anyone posting to complain about your price. If everyone is able to get a damper from one of these sourced, great. Personally, I am happy with my decision to purchase one. I can't wait for it to arrive.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 04:59 AM
Thanks man... I guess its just my own personal self that makes it learly to order from someone that doesn't have a store front either online or on the web... If anyother CEG's want a DMD, I got 5 left on the final batch that will ship around the 15th. After that I will do them on a one by one basis if you all wish to order from the other source. Thanks
Posted By: Import*Killer_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 05:03 AM
I don't know about you guys but I would much rather buy my DMD from a guy thats well known on our site and on the NECO site. Sure you'll spend a few more bucks but you know your going to get a great product and not get screwed. Thats why I ordered mine from James today. Thats my $.02!

Jerry

PS: James, do you have the Ford part number for the washer and bolt that is required so I can already have both before I get the DMD?
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 05:08 AM
i just wanna know where all these dmd's are coming from when everyone else is out of then and backordered

who cares...i want one!!!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 05:11 AM
Here is the numbers thanks to Member goldsmi

Bolt - F5RZ-6A340-B Bolt, M12x1.5 $3.12
Washer - F1AZ-6378-A Washer, 13.5x39.5 $3.27

I am sure I could get a tug on these for a good price here in the USA for you all. I will look into it tomorrow and see. If its something fairly cheap we can offer, I will let you know and we can easily add them to the boxes when they leave out... a bolt and washer won't change the shipping price

Thanks for the comments guys, this was my first time doing business on CEG after 18 months with the cougar, I just want things to go smoothly and prove I am based on Customer Satisfaction as well as trying my best to have the most competitive prices.

Thanks
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 05:13 AM
All of mine are coming directly from Ford Of Europe. Pending how they arrive, they will be shipped in OEM Ford Packing.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 03:21 PM
As far as Mr. Grimes selling DMD's, I'm not feeling any buyer's remorse because I bought from James. The way I see it, everyone wins in this situation. Two people get to sell product, CEGers (and Contour owners in general) get value-added (shipping included, bolts included) access to parts cheaper than other sources, especially when those other sources don't have any inventory.

My thanks to both Tim and James (again) for doing this. This is what's going to keep our cars running for a long time to come
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 05:42 PM
Originally posted by hetfield:
As far as Mr. Grimes selling DMD's, I'm not feeling any buyer's remorse because I bought from James. The way I see it, everyone wins in this situation. Two people get to sell product, CEGers (and Contour owners in general) get value-added (shipping included, bolts included) access to parts cheaper than other sources, especially when those other sources don't have any inventory.

My thanks to both Tim and James (again) for doing this. This is what's going to keep our cars running for a long time to come

very well said!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 07:04 PM
If you paid $89 with me to get your DMD... I am shipping all DMD's via 2 Day Air Freight... PLEASE CALL ME if you would like your FREE Bolt and Washer included in your order...You must call before Feb 5th to ensure your bolt and washer are packaged with your DMD.

All orders after today will be $89 Shipped 2 Day Priority Mail with the DMD, Bolt and Washer..

How is that guys?
Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 07:08 PM
Originally posted by AutumnOrange:
If you paid $89 with me to get your DMD... I am shipping all DMD's via 2 Day Air Freight... PLEASE CALL ME if you would like your FREE Bolt and Washer included in your order...You must call before Feb 5th to ensure your bolt and washer are packaged with your DMD.

All orders after today will be $89 Shipped 2 Day Priority Mail with the DMD, Bolt and Washer..

How is that guys?

a buiness willing to go the extra mile for their customers, you don't see that every day!
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 07:34 PM
Yes, excellent customer service! Thank you, James, for going the extra mile!

-Lance
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 07:36 PM
Now that is some good service! Thanks James!

Joe
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 07:42 PM
Yeah, very cool man. When I called a bit ago to get the bolt and washer he said they cranked out 35 freakin DMD sales in 3 days
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 01/31/03 11:53 PM
Click Here to Order Online

Added that to our company website for those who wish to order when our company is not open after normal business hours.

Thanks

Posted By: tgrimes Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/01/03 03:47 PM
Thanks to those who have already placed you orders. I have plenty of stock, and anyone who orders now will receive their DMD within 10 working days.

Later this weekend, I'll be posting a how-to (with pictures) on my website: Grimes Motor Sport

These will be pictures from the installation on my SVT.

Just so everyone's clear, the DMD I am shipping for $85 is a genuine ford part with a ford part number and logo stamped directly on the DMD. All the DMD's are BRAND NEW. In addition, everyone will receive a brand new FORD bolt and washer with their order. Please see my website for ordering info.

Thanks!
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 03:27 PM
Thanks for intercepting my thread, great business practices..
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 03:40 PM
autumn... i know a lot of contour owners locally...If everything goes smoothly wih my transaction, i will send all of them to you for this mod..... Grimes, you r ghey!!! Make your own post to thank everyone, dont try to monopolize the DMD market, and undermine people....
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 05:59 PM
actually, this is imprtkllr's thread. he linked it to the cougar site. both vendors here match the title description, and both vendors popped into this thread. in any case, i'm getting mine from customcougars (autumnorange).
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 07:11 PM
What I don't understand is why tgrimes has a classified posted in the Wanted/Misc section saying
Originally posted by tgrimes:

I need a DMD. Sell me yours.

Thanks

314-757-0320
wideopenthrottle@_removemefirst_hotmail.com

when he's selling them to others. Did I miss something?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
actually, this is imprtkllr's thread. he linked it to the cougar site. both vendors here match the title description, and both vendors popped into this thread. in any case, i'm getting mine from customcougars (autumnorange).

Yes, it is imprtkllr's thread, but the thread at newcougar.org he's referring to is autumn's. James was nice enough to register himself here and keep us updated in this thread, rather than having us all join newcougar.org just to post about the DMD's he's selling.

Honestly, though, I think we're getting all riled up for nothing. As long as there's no fraud going on here, the fact that two people are selling DMD's is a bonus. Tim's post in the classifieds still has me a little confused, though
Posted By: joe_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 09:36 PM
This wouldn't be CEG without a little debate...

Anyway, what happened? Did a boat load of DMDs on their way to Europe sink and the cargo wash up on the shore?

Once you go DMD, you'll wonder why you ever waited.
Posted By: AutumnOrange_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 11:15 PM
The first 14 of you who ordered, confirmed to ship Feb 11th. I will be posting those names tomorrow as to who will be shipping and when. The rest of you who ordered after the first 14, I will post your names and ship date as soon as it is confirmed. Thanks

In trying to get you all those free bolts and washers, I was able to get the bolts with no problem. The washers are on a US FORD and UK FORD Backorder. I will not hold shipments over a lil washer that can fit in an envelope.

Thanks
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 11:36 PM
My contingency plan:

http://www.pbase.com/image/12064115

Posted By: BDR Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/03/03 11:39 PM
Originally posted by MotorCity:
My contingency plan:

http://www.pbase.com/image/12064115

you're ready alright!
Posted By: EuroTour Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 12:08 AM
Originally posted by tgrimes:
Later this weekend, I'll be posting a how-to (with pictures) on my website: Grimes Motor Sport

Thanks for the how-to. I will be using it to install the DMD I ordered from James, but good looking out Maybe you should start your own thread instead of jacking others...
Posted By: tgrimes Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 02:36 AM
Obviously I have upset some people here, and that I regret that I am involved in a thread that has resorted to flaming.

The truth is that through contacts I have made at ford, I am able to ship what I think is a very necessary upgrade. This part has the potential to extend the life of many enthusiasts' cars that they have sunk a lot of time and money into, I should know because I have an SVT. Trust me, when I heard there was a chance for major engine failure, I freaked. So, I went looking for the part, and I found a bunch of them.

I never thought that offering my help would make so many people upset. But I appreciate what this board has done for me; it has helped me save a lot of time and money, and I want to help in return, and this is something I can do.

So whether you buy from customcougars.com or me makes no difference, I just would like to see enthusiasts get the parts they need so they can continue to drive the cars they love. That's it.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 02:42 AM
So why is it you were looking for a DMD in the CEG classifieds? This seems suspicious to me.
Posted By: tgrimes Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 03:01 AM
As I mentioned above, once I became aware there was potential for major engine failure, I immediately began looking for a DMD. But instead of finding just one, I found a BUNCH of them.

I've installed the DMD on my car and been very happy with the result. So now I'd like to help others get what could extend the life of their vehicles.

The bottom line is, I am very grateful for this resource, and why would I want to ruin what has been very valuable to me? As I mentioned before, my motivation here is to help other enthusaists. Because I have a business license, I am able to buy from a wholesale warehouse; an option that is not available to the general retail market.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 03:11 AM
Ahhhh...makes sense now. Good luck.
Posted By: ScottK Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 03:21 AM
It's funny, back when Terry was selling them for 120 I reported I found a guy in England that would sell one to me shipped for like 80-90 bucks US. I reported that and got the same enraged "you're undercutting people's business" stuff.

Anyway, Art H. from out in atascadero reported that Gary at fordpartsonline may have found a US source for these, but that could be wrong as I never checked with them personally.
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 04:59 AM
grimes,

I appreciate the fact that you are selling this item as well, My point is just dont post on another sellers thread, just start a new one... By the way, the price on your is a great price, it is just a shame that it came after the other DMD's were listed....
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 06:43 AM
<sniff>c'mon guys, can't we all just get along?

j/k... like I've said a few times already, competition is good; this DMD marathon sale is helping us in the end. Tim explained himself better, and it makes more sense to me now, so let the free market work its magic. w00t.
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 04:40 PM
holy crap people...

business is business....let them run their business and we benefit from the price wars.

this isn't personal or hijacking...

d
Posted By: Stazi Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 07:07 PM
My 2 bits on all this.....

Make sure you buy a new belt too while you're at it.

No point changing the pulley and putting on a worn belt.
Posted By: SaV-iT_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 08:26 PM
At what point is the belt worn enough to bother replacing? I only have 35k; I'm guessing that won't be a problem?
Posted By: Stazi Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 09:06 PM
I bet you it is worn!

Man, don't be a cheap ass. A belt is like $10!

When you take your old one off, flip it over and flex it into a u-shape. If it has a miriad of miniture cracks on each of the v's, it's time to replace.
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Man, don't be a cheap ass. A belt is like $10!

$10? Where can I sign up? Every place I checked here was >= $25! The local dealer wanted $36, and I talked him down to $25, but still didn't buy. I got one from Bill Jenkins for $22 or something like that.

-Lance
Posted By: Stazi Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 09:27 PM
$10 or $20, I don't remember, but I bought my last one from Autozone.

The point I was trying to get across wass to not skimp.....
Posted By: Lance Kinley_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
The point I was trying to get across wass to not skimp.....

Absolutely!

-Lance
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: DMD's FOR SALE CHEAP! - 02/04/03 11:05 PM
Paid $29.99 for the Gatorback today. The regular one was like $16.99.
© CEG Archives