Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: mzracer360 Intake - 09/03/06 10:11 PM
This has probably been talked about before, but...

I am wanting to know if anyone has used this intake setup, and if so, is it a good mod to do. This would be my first modification to my car and I want to learn more about it first. I'd also like to know if SP Motorsports is a reliable website to order off of?

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_intakes_components.html
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Intake - 09/03/06 10:49 PM
Yes, they are reliable.

The easiest intake mod, and most cost-effective is buying a MAF Adapter and using a K&N Intake. The most popular filter to use is part #RU-3530. Cheapest place to get the filter is usually at www.ajusa.com For the MAF adapter, I got mine from Spmotorsports, but others have found them cheaper in local auto stores.
Posted By: mzracer360 Re: Intake - 09/03/06 11:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably have to get it from sp motorsports, i've checked multiple auto stores/performance garages and nobody could get it for me. I have one last question, does this mod increase gas mileage any?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Intake - 09/03/06 11:24 PM
Originally posted by mzracer360:
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably have to get it from sp motorsports, i've checked multiple auto stores/performance garages and nobody could get it for me. I have one last question, does this mod increase gas mileage any?

barly. It will probably go down cause you want to hear the sweet intake sound it makes.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Intake - 09/03/06 11:31 PM
Yea, as Tourige said, it doesn't really make all that uchof a difference. Any gain I would suspect would be from a new/clean filter compared to an old dirty one that doesn't flow as well.

The sound is nice though, your car will be more throatier. It's a nice increase.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Intake - 09/04/06 11:25 PM
well for me, I'm leaning towards the drop-in filter, simply because I don't want the noise, and the drop in is available OTC for cheaper
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Intake - 09/05/06 01:24 AM
It sound slike your getting the impression it makes the car MUCH louder, when it really doesn't. On a 1-100 scale (100 being loudest), we'll assume the car sounds at level 20, the filter makes it a level 22. I mean, there is a noticable difference in sound, but nothing that would make you go, wow, thats a big difference.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Intake - 09/05/06 01:25 AM
Originally posted by m4gician:
well for me, I'm leaning towards the drop-in filter, simply because I don't want the noise, and the drop in is available OTC for cheaper

ok
Posted By: Tourige Re: Intake - 09/05/06 01:55 AM

Big waste of money.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Intake - 09/05/06 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Big waste of money.

I'm not saying that I dont believe. I'm just curious as to why its a big waste of money?
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Intake - 09/05/06 03:20 AM
because for the price you pay you dont have much more performance and you dont have much more of the nice sound of a open air filter
© CEG Archives