Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LoveMySVT Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 12:12 AM
I was just looking through the October 2006 issue of 5.0 Mustang and in their new parts section I saw the a Screamin' Demon coil pack for '94-'01 V6 Mustangs. They were claiming an average 0.33 sec 0-60 mph improvement and the ability to set the plug gaps to as much as .065". Out of curiosity I checked on autozone.com and napaonline.com and the part numbers match with the duratecs coil pack. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or tried it.

The website for the coil pack is:

http://www.performancedistributors.com/mustangv6.htm

- Chris
Posted By: jitb Re: Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 12:15 AM
worth a try if the part #s are the same. i would if i had the money.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 05:06 AM
A hotter coil may allow a wider gap, but it will make absolutely no difference in horsepower. The plug either fires or it doesn't.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
A hotter coil may allow a wider gap, but it will make absolutely no difference in horsepower. The plug either fires or it doesn't.

Amen!

On top of that the stock coil pack has fired off 400+ FWHP (~500 crank) turbo'd Duratecs without batting an eyelash.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 07:51 PM
Snake oil designed to lighten your wallet. If you think a coilpack is going to make you faster, then you need to do some SERIOUS homework!
Posted By: bensenvill Re: Screamin' Demon Coil Pack - 08/21/06 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Snake oil designed to lighten your wallet. If you think a coilpack is going to make you faster, then you need to do some SERIOUS homework!

sweet, weight reduction! I'm in
© CEG Archives