Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 maf tube - 08/11/06 03:59 PM
i was at pep boys today lookign around and noticed they had a aftermarket 3 inch maf tube that suppose to work with the stock maf sensor. it was just a chrome tube with a mount for the maf sensor. anyone ever tried using it? would the calibration be way off? they had a bunch of intake tubing and piping stuff all universalto make your own.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: maf tube - 08/11/06 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i was at pep boys

This is as far as you had to go. I hope this answers your question.

Mark
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: maf tube - 08/11/06 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
i was at pep boys

This is as far as you had to go. I hope this answers your question.

Actually, quite a reasonable & correct response...

From an intake post earlier today:

Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Pulling the CALIBRATED MAF electronics out of it's housing and haphazardly sticking them in a clear tube. Definitely not the brightest idea ever thought up. Definitely!

Same logic applies to shiney, pretty, chromey tubes. You can throw it on when you park your car for a show or sup'm, but don't drive your vehicle with it installed.

Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: maf tube - 08/12/06 05:47 AM
i was thinking the same thing. plus i did remeber reading about how porting a maf tube can make the car run a bit lean at w.o.t. . but i still have a pro m racing maf that needs recalibrating.
Posted By: m4gician Re: maf tube - 08/12/06 05:48 AM
i was thinking the same thing. plus i did remeber reading about how porting a maf tube can make the car run a bit lean at w.o.t. . but i still have a pro m racing maf that needs recalibrating.

mainly for looks, and it WAS at pep boys so it was also overpriced too :s
you're posting at 2:00 AM, go to bed, please!! :P

© CEG Archives