Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 8000RPM Magnaflow question... - 08/06/06 06:01 PM
...well, i have a 98 csvt. i am looking to replace the resonator ONLY, with a magnaflow muffler. The problem is that i don't have any muflers after the resonator, just straight pipes. and the car sounds alwsome. i don't want to change the sound that much, but i want to get rid of the stock resonator. so what do you guys recommend. i have looked into many forums, but everyone is either using the magnaflow resonator in combination with the stock muflers, or aftermarket once..so what shoul i do if i don't have any muflers at all?? what size will be good, so the loudnes of the car stays about the same?? what is the largest size i can fit down there 4x9x18??? also, will an inlet/outlet and core of 2.25in will work? and does it have to be offset/offset or center/offset???? i have looked into many sizes, but the one they say will fit 4x9x14 #11235, i think will make my car luder....i am confused. any suggestions?
thanks
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/06/06 08:56 PM
i put a magnaflow 10435 and it fit like a charm... not so much louder thant the stock one but nicer sound and less restrictive
Posted By: 8000RPM Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 01:43 AM
ok. so yours is 2.25 inlet/outlet whi answers one of my questions. the body is 22" long and the whole thing is 28" long. which means that i can easily fit say a 19" long oval resonator (which is about the length of the stock one)...right? well, since the stock one is 4x7 oval, would a 4x9 fit in there (in terms of width and height)? and does it really matter if it is offset/offset or center/offset?? from the way i see things, it can be pretty flexible down there. people fit all sorts of things, right? and lastly, which one will be louder, a 22" long circular or a 22" 4x9, or 19" 4x9??? wow, sorry again for all the questions but i need some help in my decision making. thank you!!!
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 01:48 AM
too many question to answer but... mine fit there perfeclty, i got it install for really cheap and it took juste a few minute.

i dunno which one will be louder.. but this one is not loud i think... just enhancing the sound

i dont regret it
Posted By: m4gician Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
too many question to answer but... mine fit there perfeclty, i got it install for really cheap and it took juste a few minute.

i dunno which one will be louder.. but this one is not loud i think... just enhancing the sound

i dont regret it

How much did the installer charge you? If it's anything less than $50 I may consider ordering this from ebay or magnaflow themselves.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 10:31 PM
i paid 30$CAN in a local muffler place
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
i paid 30$CAN in a local muffler place

and i bought it from Canadian tire... and i paid with my Can tire money so i kind of got it free
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 11:20 PM
PM Stazi
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
PM Stazi

Posted By: TRicker Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/07/06 11:48 PM
one of the high flow resonators from borla would be the quietest IMO flowmaster is always loud and magnaflow is pretty raspy on top. i hope it works out!
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/08/06 04:01 AM
no rasp at all on my side... alway smooth
Posted By: yyz-svt Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/11/06 09:50 PM
even my glasspack centrepipe is quiet ! only change is deeper V6 tone !
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/12/06 02:58 AM
I really wish people had sound clips of all these set-ups. I would really like to hear the one with the glasspack.
Posted By: lubas79 Re: Magnaflow question... - 08/12/06 09:18 PM
my csvt only magnaflow resonator

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/contour/0/3a042dc5-5211-41db-9ebc-16377466f428.htm
© CEG Archives