Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: smoothlinez 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 08:56 PM
Hi guys, we are running a hybrid set up (2.5 intake w/ 3.0 heads) and the 3.0 fuel rail will not line up. I was wondering if you guys know the limits of the 2.5 fuel rail? We are looking to make 600hp+.

THanks!
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 09:38 PM
Originally posted by smoothlinez:
Hi guys, we are running a hybrid set up (2.5 intake w/ 3.0 heads) and the 3.0 fuel rail will not line up. I was wondering if you guys know the limits of the 2.5 fuel rail? We are looking to make 600hp+.

THanks!

What setup are you running? are you using the SVT UIM/LIM?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 09:47 PM
Thats what it sounds like...

If you are using SVT LIM and 3L heads...then you must have port matched the heads to the intake. Since both parts are now conforming to 2.5L standards, you would be using the 2.5L Fuel rail, not the 3L one. As far as its limits...i dont quite know what you mean, but someone else can take a stab at it. And thats a pretty mighty goal to be setting!!
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 09:49 PM
Its all been done. 3.0 block and heads port matched to the 2.5 lim and using a euro spec uim from a modeo. All I need now is the fuel rail that will work for the 2.5 LIM and will flow enough to support our hp goals.
Posted By: 111R Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 09:55 PM
um sorta off topic but what exactly are your hp goals? i happen to glance at your website and i am only 30 miles away from you and i love more hp
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 111R:
um sorta off topic but what exactly are your hp goals? i happen to glance at your website and i am only 30 miles away from you and i love more hp

As posted above..600hp+
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 111R:

As posted above..600hp+

What is this for!?

A contour/cougar, Noble, Lincoln LS...
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/13/06 10:43 PM
Lol, getting more questions than help here. Its ok though. Yes this is for a Noble. I need to get this car done because we are bringing it to SEMA.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 12:05 AM
We cold either give you a blank-sheet answer that would be fairly discouraging with no other information to base our answers on, OR the additional questions will help us to personalize the answers to your partiulat application, making them more accurate and plausible.
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 01:49 AM
hehe that works. Just out of curiousity, who is making the most power with their 3.0 in these forums? I tried to contact Manny Cruz, but all his links to his site are down.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 01:54 AM
I dunno. I recently experienced MY personal high (perhaps the highest), but without a dyno sheet to prove it, I will leave that out.
Posted By: SHOgoFast Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 02:22 AM
At this point, beyondloadedse, I believe is producting the highest numbers and he is in the 360s. There is also another noble guy that cruises around the boards that has a setup that I would assume to do even better. If I come across his name I will add it.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 02:27 AM
Yup.. at this point... Beyondloaded is the highest..
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 03:01 AM
isnt Stilov close too? Didnt he get like 410 WHP at 10psi?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 03:24 AM
There was a 2.5L that was built up and produced 405whp on 17 psi.

That car is nearby, I have ridden in it, and rearended it!
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 12:59 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
There was a 2.5L that was built up and produced 405whp on 17 psi.

That car is nearby, I have ridden in it, and rearended it!

"that�s assault brotha"
Posted By: bensenvill Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/14/06 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SHOgoFast:
At this point, beyondloadedse, I believe is producting the highest numbers and he is in the 360s. There is also another noble guy that cruises around the boards that has a setup that I would assume to do even better. If I come across his name I will add it.

gotapex.... and I swear he was asking the same exact question a month or 2 back, might be helpful to look at his past posts
Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/15/06 01:06 AM
Thats because it is his car that is in our shop. hehe. Anyhow, if you guys know of someone making gobs of power in the LA area, let me know. Meanwhile, I am trying to get in contact with Manny Cruz, but no luck so far.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/15/06 09:42 PM
Thats because it is his car that is in our shop. hehe. Anyhow, if you guys know of someone making gobs of power in the LA area, let me know. Meanwhile, I am trying to get in contact with Manny Cruz, but no luck so far.

Well, just do a calculation on fuel flow at 600HP.

Returnless or return? Anyway, it may not be the fuel rail that is the issue, it could be the feed line from the tank.

Anyway, you can figure out the max flow that the engine will require. I guess it might take around 60 lb/hr injectors. Then just work you way backward realizing that at 80% duty cycle on max flow times six injecotrs.
Thats like a total of 288 lbs/hour, and gasoline is probably 6.2lbs/gallon, so that would be around 46 gallons of fuel per hour. 3.8liters per gallon means that is 177lph fuel flow.

Now if you know your flow velocity and the diameter of the rail you can determine the minimum required tubing size. Then multiply by at least 10% for a little room for error.

In the VERY worst case you can just have a custom fuel rail built. However, I'm gonna take a stab that 600 hp might be around the limit but still enough fuel to support it.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/15/06 09:53 PM
Heres one link I found when I was searching for fuel rail sizes versus horsepower requirements.
They do it via HP, I did by fuel requirements. Well they did both but they give line sizes based on HP, not flow rate.
fuel rail stuff

Posted By: smoothlinez Re: 2.5 Liter Fuel Rail - 06/16/06 12:44 AM
you guys are great. thanks for the posts!
© CEG Archives