Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 01:43 AM
I have been looking for a local shop to make an exhaust with mandrel bends forever and everyone only does crush bends. Does anyone on here know where I can get a set of pre made mandrel bent 2.5" piping to fit a magnaflow resonator and 2 magnaflow mufflers. Preferrable bent in the same way as the stock exhaust so I could be able to use all the stock hanger locations. Thanks

Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 01:52 AM
Summit sells them, and many other "automotive superstores"
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 01:54 AM
Yeah but can I get anything that is already premade to be exactly like the stock exhaust set up or do I have to measure and buy the pieces seperately and then get them welded.
Posted By: kipsvt98 Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 02:00 AM
Trubendz sells complete tubing kits.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 02:03 AM
Originally posted by kipsvt98:

+1 www.trubendz.com
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 07:54 AM

Yes, but I think he already has the mufflers, and Trubendz comes with them.

Im not sure what would be easier: install the trubendz and sell your mufflers, cut up the trubendz and install your parts, or buy the bends from summit or someone and have the rest fabbed.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 01:23 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Yes, but I think he already has the mufflers, and Trubendz comes with them.

Im not sure what would be easier: install the trubendz and sell your mufflers, cut up the trubendz and install your parts, or buy the bends from summit or someone and have the rest fabbed.

Trubendz sells tubing kits minus the mufflers. Look at their site and you'll see them.

Another alternative is www.jcwhitney.com That's where I got my mandrel bends from.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 05:23 PM
by the trubendz tubing only kit. Its exactly what you're looking for
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mid Life Crisis:

Trubendz sells tubing kits minus the mufflers. Look at their site and you'll see them.

Oh, never knew that. Checking it out now!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 07:07 PM
if you dont have the resonater+mufflers yet, the trubendz exhaust kicks a lot of ass, its a GREAT sounding system.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
if you dont have the resonater+mufflers yet, the trubendz exhaust kicks a lot of ass, its a GREAT sounding system.

I agree. I've had mine for 2 years now and it's held up great, even with aluminized steel. I still get compliments on the sound.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 09:44 PM
The only thing I dont like about the Trubendz is the tips. Otherwise, great system. Id buy it and swap the tips.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 10:03 PM
The only thing I dont like about the Trubendz is the tips. Otherwise, great system. Id buy it and swap the tips.

On which system? I think the resonated tips look sweet although now I wish I went a half-inch bigger.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 10:06 PM
Not those ones, those look good. I dont like the slash cut ones.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 10:11 PM
I buy all my bends from Jegs and straight tube and flanges locally. I've built two exhaust so far using the same suppliers and i'm've been happy with my results.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/02/06 10:39 PM

you can get them to do different, they did 3.5" double walled Magnaflow tips for me, all for free.
Posted By: svttour_dup1 Re: Exhaust mandrel bends - 05/04/06 12:08 AM
Thanks for the info Im looking into it and ordering this week.
© CEG Archives