Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Y2KSVT Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 02:17 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but SP Motorsports lists the Ford Racing wires as having been discontinued. Thought I'd pass that along to anyone that was looking for new wires.

Also, if the FAQ and stickies could be updated, that'd be great.

Mark
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 02:36 PM
Really ? glad i got mine 3 week ago
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but SP Motorsports lists the Ford Racing wires as having been discontinued. Thought I'd pass that along to anyone that was looking for new wires.

Mark

It might be the SP is no longer carrying them.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bicycle commuter :
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

It might be the SP is no longer carrying them.

From SP's website: "Ford Racing has discontinued the 9mm plug wires for the Contour and Cougar. There are very limited quantities remaining."

Looks as if Ford Racing has discontinued them.

Mark
Posted By: SVT3391 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 03:52 PM
I just have mine put in yesterday after the intake manifold was taken down and cleaned. So far it works great. Guess I haven't been biten by the 'hit or miss bug' (knock on wood). Looks good in the engine bay too.

The only problem was the bracket organizer was designed for the original wire. After the Ford Racing 9mm wires were put, the thicker diameter of the wires created a problem that bracket organizers were not able to be snapped back. We ended up using zip tie to tie the 2 pieces together.
Yup, some people dremel the bracket open to allow for the larger diameter wire.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 05:39 PM
That was the only thing that pushed me away from the FRPP wires. Looks like a mess with out the clips to hold them in place.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
That was the only thing that pushed me away from the FRPP wires. Looks like a mess with out the clips to hold them in place.

dremel the hell out of them. i know exactly what u mean. if theres some engine pics in my sig you'll see i got the wires to fit and look stock
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:

dremel the hell out of them. i know exactly what u mean. if theres some engine pics in my sig you'll see i got the wires to fit and look stock

Yeah, if I can't get the Magnecors working correctly, I'll send them back and give the FRPP wires a try and just modify the clips.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 06:01 PM
Welp, that sucks. I happen to like my set.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/01/06 08:29 PM

Yeah, if I can't get the Magnecors working correctly, I'll send them back and give the FRPP wires a try and just modify the clips.

yea, and I just happen to have a red set too
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/02/06 03:58 AM
You guys are talking fitment issues? Mine went in fine.. :shrugs:
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/02/06 04:01 PM
They fit fine on the coil pack just not in the plastic hold downs very well because of the extra 1mm.
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/02/06 08:54 PM
i have mine about a year my car after 9 mopnths in the mechanic i have in october last year and in juanary replaced the ford racing wires the red ones why?
because have misfire i open the hood one night and noted the misfire in the 2 and 3 cable maybe come bad or i don't know buth i want a magnecor wires
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 12:03 AM

I just trimmed up the holder a bit, you are only talking about a mm or so.
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 12:32 AM
Im getting new plugs I think, are the racing ones really worth double the cost of OEM? I have a K&N with SVT exhaust and nothing else really planned, so is it worth it to grab a pair while I can?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Teenage Contour:
are the racing ones really worth double the cost of OEM?

Come again?

OEM $67.56
FRPP $62.50

Posted By: Blue Goose Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Teenage Contour:
are the racing ones really worth double the cost of OEM?

Come again?

OEM $67.56
FRPP $62.50

DOH!! I was looking at the cheapy, universal pair from Advance Auto Parts. So while were on it, will they make any difference? Cause I'm gonna go Ford Racing regarldes if I still can get one of the few leftover.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
They fit fine on the coil pack just not in the plastic hold downs very well because of the extra 1mm.

Oh, of course! I ran into that problem, too. I got 'em in there though. It's all in the thumbs! Here's the only pic I have, I had that close up pic from a while back but it's not online anymore:

O/T: the_spy_guy drilling my car

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 03:20 AM
lol hey i had to do that too!
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 05:38 AM
your missing the top covers? thats why i dremeled out the bottoms so the covers would fit
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 03:32 PM
your missing the top covers? thats why i dremeled out the bottoms so the covers would fit

I see what you mean now. The tops wouldn't fit so I threw them into the spare parts box.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Pre98:

I see what you mean now. The tops wouldn't fit so I threw them into the spare parts box. :gin:

which you left in Indiana last year and which I took just incase I broke mine while installing my Ford Racing 9mm wires, you want them back
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Ford Racing 9mm wires Discontinued - 05/03/06 03:36 PM
lol

Nah buddy they're yours!
© CEG Archives