Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVTCJ NOW I'm upset! - 04/03/06 10:38 PM
Rode in the back of a ricer Civic today (long story how I got there) complete with Fart Pipe.

It wasn't as loud and annoying as my exhaust!

I've got to put a resonator on my TruBendz.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/03/06 11:10 PM
Well most have preached for years that having a resonator is much better than not having one. I wouldnt leave home without it
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/03/06 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SVTCJ:
Rode in the back of a ricer Civic today (long story how I got there) complete with Fart Pipe.

It wasn't as loud and annoying as my exhaust!

I've got to put a resonator on my TruBendz.

Thanks for sharing your tears with us. Now go fix it.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/03/06 11:43 PM
<-- has 3 resonators on his cat-back Still can't host the sound clip though
Posted By: bradSVT Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 12:21 AM
I have two; I need to add something else to my exhaust after I took out the muffler, its loud and deep, but gets annoying when I am hung over. What is the recommend Magnaflow muffler to replace the stock muffler? Is it the 10435?
Posted By: gooserex Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
<-- has 3 resonators on his cat-back Still can't host the sound clip though

Send it to me and I'll host it for ya!
Posted By: Ike_dup1 Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 03:09 AM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
What is the recommend Magnaflow muffler to replace the stock muffler? Is it the 10435?

Magnaflow resinator 10435
Magnalflow mufflers 14842
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 02:18 PM
<----has 0 resonators and sounds fine. I can't even hear my exhaust at highway speeds, only while accelerating.
Posted By: gooserex Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
<----has 0 resonators and sounds fine. I can't even hear my exhaust at highway speeds, only while accelerating.

I noticed the exact same thing, onthe highway it sounds like the car is coasting, which is nice for long road trips...
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 11:12 PM
Originally posted by gooserex:

I noticed the exact same thing, onthe highway it sounds like the car is coasting, which is nice for long road trips...

If the car sounds like its coasting (foot off the gas decelerating) while cruising, you have what we like to call drone. Resonators fix this. Should be silent with the right sized res. (or damn close to it). Mines loud under load but once it reaches speed its quiet (even with headers and race series mufflers).

I highly doubt you dont have drone with no res. If you dont think so then you probably dont realize what it is.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 11:44 PM

Do you get any sort of rasp when the engine is cold?
Posted By: gooserex Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/04/06 11:49 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Originally posted by gooserex:

If the car sounds like its coasting (foot off the gas decelerating) while cruising, you have what we like to call drone. Resonators fix this. Should be silent with the right sized res. (or damn close to it). Mines loud under load but once it reaches speed its quiet (even with headers and race series mufflers).

I highly doubt you dont have drone with no res. If you dont think so then you probably dont realize what it is.

I meant coasting in the sense that you can't hear the exhaust and all you hear is tire noise, not exhaust noise. Regardless of what one might call it, it doesn't bother me the slightest and I do some serious (500kms+ round trip) commuting for work on a daily basis.
Posted By: Tourige Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/05/06 01:42 AM

i bet that sounds great..

Im running main cat, one muffler, and twin resonaters. No rasp, some poping on downshifting, sounds nice and mellow, no RICE involved
Posted By: skifast87 Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/06/06 05:58 PM
i had a flowmaster in 40series and when i let my foot off the gas with that thing DEAR GOD the dron was horrific. so i took it out now i just have a cat the drone is gone for the most part but i really wanna get somthing else in there again
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/06/06 06:04 PM
One cat...one muffler. You are all POO-C's!
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/06/06 07:50 PM
magnaflow cat, magnaflow res, and two magnaflow short bodys

No rasp, love the sound...
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/06/06 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

i bet that sounds great..

Believe it or not it doesn't sound bad at all, my SVT had Sho-Shop y-pipe with no main cat and resonater and there was a slight rasp when cold (lasted for like 2min) other then that car sounded nice and I had the stock mufflers on the car also.

Aaron
Posted By: Tourige Re: NOW I'm upset! - 04/06/06 11:10 PM
Originally posted by owen_SVT:
magnaflow cat, magnaflow res, and two magnaflow short bodys

No rasp, love the sound...

yea, we rule!
© CEG Archives