Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I'm in need of a copy of the parts sheet that came with your dual Borla SVT exhaust. If someone would kindly make a full size scan and email me the scan I would greatly apperciate it!

I have a Cougar dual Borla exhuast and I'm attempting to modify and retrofit it onto my Contour. Being able to compare the two parts sheets side by side would be a great help.
You gotta fax #? PM me. I might be able to find my parts sheet. But I don't have a scanner.
hmm thats an interesting project!
Why go through all that work to fit it on the Contour with a 3L?
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Absolutely! The Borla is not even an upgrade over the stock SVT exhaust with the resonator replaced.

On top of that the tip spacing of the cougar's exhaust is too close together for the SVT cutouts.

That is a large waste of money of both accounts.
We'll, the current Bassani exhaust I have drones. I've have the Borla exhaust on my Cougar and it's sound is well balanced and has no drone at all.

So, from what I gather the Borla (performance wise) would be a big step backwards in performance? If the Borla exhaust is not the way to go any reccommendations on how to cure the drone?

FYI if it makes any diffrence I'm running the SHM long tube headers.
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Absolutely! The Borla is not even an upgrade over the stock SVT exhaust with the resonator replaced.

On top of that the tip spacing of the cougar's exhaust is too close together for the SVT cutouts.

That is a large waste of money of both accounts.

I was thinking the same exact thing...get a tru bendz 2.5 pipe kit at least!
I don't understand why everyone hates on the Borla exhaust?Why wouldn't it have any performance gains?Someone help me out here...lol
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I don't understand why everyone hates on the Borla exhaust?Why wouldn't it have any performance gains?Someone help me out here...lol

The diameter of the piping is the SAME as the STOCK SVT contour.

Explain to me how you are getting a performance gain without changing the dia of the piping!?
I thought borla piping was 3"...I guess I thought wrong... troutslap for my stupidty.

What about the bends aren't there crushed bends on the stock exhaust and mandrel bends on the borla?I think i might be calling for another troutslap.haha
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I thought borla piping was 3"...I guess I thought wrong... troutslap for my stupidty.

What about the bends aren't there crushed bends on the stock exhaust and mandrel bends on the borla?I think i might be calling for another troutslap.haha

Another trout slap.

The SVT exhaust is mandrel bent stainless steel. Replace the resonator and it performs like a Borla. (for $50) Also replace the rear mufflers and it out performs it. ($100 more)
It's a fine (if expensive) upgrade for a normal 2.5L, but as Demon pointed out, there are cheaper alternatives.

I bought mine waaayyyy back before I knew better. I could have fitted SVT piping and changed out components for far less, but I've been happy with the Borla, otherwise.

With a 3.0, you definitely want larger piping.
I have no complaints with my Borla, i was looking for something a little different that wouldn't be too loud. Sounds great with my headers and i didn't pay that much cuz i bought it used. Even if i'm not getting EVERY possible hp out of my SVT i would sacrifice a few for the nice quiet ride on the highway anyday. Besides, the Borla exhaust has a few less sharp bends that might make it slightly better than stock SVT and you can't beat those tips
Yea you guys couldn't of said it any better.Borla saounds amazing in my opinion.I bought mine before I joined this site and I didn't know abnout the trubendZ...O well I love it anyways...and yes the tips .
© CEG Archives