Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 01:43 AM
Here is a flex pipe i found online and it says exc the SVT model so i am wondering if it will fit my setup:

i have a weapon r y pipe that this is going to go on to.

will this fit ????

Flex Pipe
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 01:50 AM
yes its an 8 inch flex pipe.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 01:55 AM
Thanks for the quick post...

is this flex pipe any good or does it not really matter??
i just bought one this week, and i do believe its good, that's what they specialize in, and i told them to put more of those on ebay. for us contiques v6 owners
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 02:04 AM
Nice, now everyone can go to them for the 3 bolt flange because from personal experience.... Trubendz is slowwwwww and never responds nor can get a hold of them.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 02:17 AM
if you email them you can get an 3 bolt flange for under 4 bucks to add onto your purchase. Great people to work with.
Posted By: RodneyBur Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 02:27 AM
does anyone have pictures of where this goes on the exhaust?

I'm also wondering if this is the same part as on a cougar? I have a 99 and am putting W R . I don't have any exhaust at the moment though.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 02:33 AM
no pictures, but the flex pipe goes between the rear cat and the y pipe....
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 04:30 AM
You might want to double check that.

I wrote to that company and specifically asked if they had any flex pipes for the SVT and this was the response I got...

"Hi Christine, our X-Contour pipe fits 95-99 Contours but excludes the SVT model. Thanks and have a good day!
Jessica

Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 04:59 AM
Well I figured theyd say it wont fit the SVT because it already has the flex pipe onthe y pipe, but from what i hear this will fit on my 3 flange WR y pipe and it is 8 inches long which i beleive is the right size.

any other people have anything to say about this?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 08:08 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
You might want to double check that.

I wrote to that company and specifically asked if they had any flex pipes for the SVT and this was the response I got...

"Hi Christine, our X-Contour pipe fits 95-99 Contours but excludes the SVT model. Thanks and have a good day!
Jessica

Thats cause most people who make car [censored] dont know jack about cars, they get a model from somewhere and just start making compies.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 10:16 AM
Goonz just bought the OEM part from ebay which is the same part that the exhaust place is selling. If it fits for him then its the correct one.

I have not installed all my stuff yet, so maybe someone who has done the install can give some input.

Do these look similar?

Exhaust Direct Flex Pipe

Goonz's Flex Pipe
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 02:47 PM
All I was saying is double check... ya know, better safe than sorry.

Brad, if you say that it's the same part that Goonz got, then you obviously did some checking.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 08:15 PM
Ya i am pretty sure its the same part. I am willing to take the chance on it. Going through them is cheaper then any other place.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Goonz just bought the OEM part from ebay which is the same part that the exhaust place is selling. If it fits for him then its the correct one.

I have not installed all my stuff yet, so maybe someone who has done the install can give some input.

Do these look similar?

Goonz did not buy that part. He bought an actual new Ford OEM flex pipe that someone was selling.

I'm sure the other eBay one will fit no problem, but just wanted to clear things up for you.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/18/06 09:18 PM
Bought it!

Hope its right!!

Expensive Ebay pipe

Cheap one above

Looks good to me!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/19/06 03:22 AM
Ya i am pretty sure its the same part. I am willing to take the chance on it. Going through them is cheaper then any other place.

It does look to be about the same.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/19/06 08:28 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Do these look similar?

Goonz did not buy that part. He bought an actual new Ford OEM flex pipe that someone was selling.

I'm sure the other eBay one will fit no problem, but just wanted to clear things up for you.

yupp..it had the part number and everything on it as well..and I got it for $30 heheheh I love ebay
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/20/06 02:51 AM
I would recommend this site to everyone out there. I havent received my item yet but their customer service is great and their prices are even better.

Check them out at www.exhaustdirect.com

Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 03/20/06 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
I would recommend this site to everyone out there. I havent received my item yet but their customer service is great and their prices are even better.

Check them out at www.exhaustdirect.com

Thats the same company as the one that is on E-Bay.
How much did they charge you for ordering it direct thru them?
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/02/06 12:07 AM
Got mine today, looks great!!

Great customer service and the inside of the pipe is relatively smooth. Also matches up nicely to my Weapon R Y pipe.

Another one avaliable here
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/02/06 04:13 AM
How long did it take to get to you? I ordered mine awhile ago, still waiting. They have to go through a guy who brings the product into the US and ships it from there so they save money on that.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/02/06 07:20 PM
I got mine it about a week and a half. But I'm in Canada so it'll probably be quite diferent for you
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/02/06 07:59 PM
Ya hopefully it wont be much longer.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/04/06 05:40 PM
Provide an update on fitment when you install it with pictures to if you can. I will be doing my headers/y-pipe/flex pipe here very shortly (as soon as I get my camaro out so I have another car to drive). This could be a big help (in the peformance fund department) if the flex pipe fits properly.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/10/06 04:59 PM
bump....

Any update on fitment, quality, etc.?

I'll be ordering the eBay one soon, and just want to make sure there is no issues with it.
Posted By: bradSVT Re: Flex Pipe Is this the correct one?? - 04/10/06 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
bump....

Any update on fitment, quality, etc.?

I'll be ordering the eBay one soon, and just want to make sure there is no issues with it.

I got mine and added some gaskets and 3 bolt flange but I haven�t installed it yet. It�s waiting for my 3L.

Looks like it will fit correctly.
© CEG Archives