Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Increased header cost - 02/22/06 05:09 PM
Weapon R Headers
I suppose if there's a way to make money, people will
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 05:23 PM
Originally posted by 00_HO_Contour:
Weapon R Headers
I suppose if there's a way to make money, people will

weapon R headers should be out of production now...making them more sought after I suppose
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 06:18 PM
what a joke.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 07:22 PM
im glad i got mine for 340 bucks
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 08:09 PM
You can still get them for $340.00 but I don't know how many they have left. I just bought me a set.

Weapon R Headers
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 09:16 PM
I'm ordering next week.
Posted By: 111R Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dpa43:
I just bought me a set.

Weapon R Headers

i just bought a set too. how long did it take for shipping? just wondering

-a
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 111R:
I just bought me a set.

Weapon R Headers

-a

Paid for them on sunday the 19 and the UPS shipping tracker said that they should be here by Monday the 30. I also ordered a few other things, so thats probally why it took so long to process the order.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Increased header cost - 02/22/06 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
im glad i got mine for 340 bucks

Posted By: Stazi Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:45 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I'm ordering next week.

Why wit and risk missing out?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'm ordering next week.

Why wit and risk missing out?

Don't remind me. I want to order right now but I have to wait for my paycheck.

This past one payed for over $700 in other mods and repairs that I'm doin to get ready for SZ.

Anyone want to buy my headers and then I pay you?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 04:03 AM
No CC?
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 04:40 AM
I'm ordering next week.

Why wait and risk missing out?

Thats why I ordered mine when I did. I was saving for a Torsen, but since I found out they wern't making these anymore I decided to get the headers instead.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 04:43 AM
No CC?

Ok, ok. I thought about it and you talked me into it.

I was avoiding it because I'm trying to pay down my CC. Oh well.
Posted By: mossdahaus Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 05:14 AM
so is Weapon R not making these anymore?!?!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 05:20 AM
Originally posted by mossdahaus:

Um, yeah. Since the end of January
Posted By: Stazi Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:04 PM
No CC?

Ok, ok. I thought about it and you talked me into it.

I was avoiding it because I'm trying to pay down my CC. Oh well.

Well seeing as you're planning on having the money to pay for them. Using you CC just lets you get them earlier, before they run out - just be diligent to put that money you set aside to buy them, to pay off at least that portion of you CC balance when you receive your statement.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:06 PM
Just a note Stazi does not work on commision for Weapon R.
Posted By: 00SVTGA Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:27 PM
yea i got a set for $375 shipped for the wpr's
not a bad deal. sucks that they stoped making them though
as of end of january when i order mine form promotiontuning
they had about 25 set left minus the one i bought.

these headers look great in stainless.

no i just need to get around to installing them .
anyone install these yet? what kind gains did you notice on the good 'ol butt dyno ?

is there a big difference over just a modified stock y - pipe ? or is the gain minly from fixing the crappy stock y-pipe ?

hopefully this will motivate me to install them.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:28 PM
I jumped on the bandwagon too hehe

btw, just saw an auction for these go for $300 + $17 s/h on ebay that ended yesterday
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 03:52 PM
Originally posted by mossdahaus:

READ THIS
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 08:06 PM
Hmmm... I am still waiting on my Federal refund... so this won't hurt much.

I think I'll jump on the bandwagon... anyone else?

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 08:29 PM
I made my order a few hours ago.

Anyone planning on buying these better do it ASAP. They told me they don't have many left at all.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 08:54 PM
Think i will buy them tonight after my thermodynamics 2 exam.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 111R:
I just bought me a set.

Weapon R Headers

-a

Paid for them on sunday the 19 and the UPS shipping tracker said that they should be here by Monday the 30. I also ordered a few other things, so thats probally why it took so long to process the order.

UPS is breaking the time and space continuum (sp?) by delivering on February 30th...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Increased header cost - 02/23/06 10:34 PM

Anyone planning on buying these better do it ASAP. They told me they don't have many left at all.

yup the guy the told me the same thing..he's like he's been getting a bunch of orders regarding those headers, all I know is I'm getting mine

btw I almost jumped on these but the item was ending later and I didnt have that much time..this was a STEAL!!! I offered the guy $350 and he said no..Im sure he regrets it now lol..
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Increased header cost - 03/02/06 04:00 PM
Mine shipped out today!!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Increased header cost - 03/02/06 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Mine shipped out today!!!!

mine will be here tommorow
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Increased header cost - 03/02/06 05:49 PM
I got mine the other day, they are so purdy! I dont want to put htem on the car....

I lie. I can't wait to install them.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 03/02/06 10:59 PM
have fun, thats all i gotta say, you shoulda done them when u did the 3.0 Ryan.
Posted By: Avey Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 12:48 AM

Heh I was saying that a couple weeks ago when I did mine. Although I would have paid three times as much back then so it was worth the wait. Oh and yeah, bring something comfy to lay down on, you'll be on it for hours and hours.......and hours.

It's not "hard" just time consumming, if you don't run into any problems it should take 6-8 hours.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Avey:

Heh I was saying that a couple weeks ago when I did mine. Although I would have paid three times as much back then so it was worth the wait. Oh and yeah, bring something comfy to lay down on, you'll be on it for hours and hours.......and hours.

It's not "hard" just time consumming, if you don't run into any problems it should take 6-8 hours.

What if I don't have much mechanical experience..

Would it be more worth it to set aside a few days and tackle it on my own or else just pay someone to do it right?

Thinking about doing headers and a trubendz catback at the same time.
Posted By: Avey Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Berkel:

Would it be more worth it to set aside a few days and tackle it on my own or else just pay someone to do it right?

I say set aside a few days and do it yourself, it's not really complicated just a very tight space.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 06:00 AM

It dosent take much mechanical know-how, basically you raise the car up on jackstands, remove both front wheels, get a creeper or something to lie on and just go nuts
getting torque on any of the nuts is REALLY hard, and guess what, its harder when you have to remove the studs after. Your arms will kill from holding stuff up all day for sure.

There is one thing i did that i dont wish anyone to do, i didnt tighten all the header bolts 100%, i got all the bottom ones and 2 of the top ones on both headers, but the others were IMPOSSIBLE to get at, the design of the Weapon R headers made it so i couldent get at them, let alone get any torque on them.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 04:01 PM

I know I'm kicking myself
Posted By: Avey Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 06:06 PM

It dosent take much mechanical know-how, basically you raise the car up on jackstands, remove both front wheels, get a creeper or something to lie on and just go nuts
getting torque on any of the nuts is REALLY hard, and guess what, its harder when you have to remove the studs after. Your arms will kill from holding stuff up all day for sure.

There is one thing i did that i dont wish anyone to do, i didnt tighten all the header bolts 100%, i got all the bottom ones and 2 of the top ones on both headers, but the others were IMPOSSIBLE to get at, the design of the Weapon R headers made it so i couldent get at them, let alone get any torque on them.

Did you slip a long extension in between the subframe and the body of the car (around the steering rack) and use a swivel joint on the end of your extension? You have less than an inch of space but it is enough to get a 3/8" extension through. Also I didn't need to remove any studs off the head to slip the header down, maybe the SVT has something that gets in the way? I also didn't need to remove the drivers side wheels but that's not a big deal.

I know the rad is thicker so maybe that doesn't help and maybe on the rear something involving the oil cooler gets in the way? I also undid the EGR tube out of the EGR valve and left it on the read manifold, seemed to be easier.

I can't comment on the Weapong R headers as I have MSDS headers but I beleive they are nearly identical hence the reasons they are no longer able to sell them.

For me is was raise the car up on jack stands as high as you can, remove the passenger side wheel and splash cover. From under the car loosen the three bolts holding the alternator to the alternator bracket, leave the wires connected and let it sit there loose. For the rear manifold undo the bottom bolts with a swivel joint, slip the long extension over the subframe and get the top bolts, undo the EGR tube from the EGR valve up top. Now for the front manifold grab the top bolts with a wrench from the top and with a ratchet from the bottom of the car. Of course you would have already removed the y-pipe and o2 sensors etc.

Took me 9 hours with grabbing food and propane for my heater, heh still not proud of that. I had my engine and subframe dropped in about 6 hours when I did my 3L swap.

Posted By: Avey Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 06:07 PM
Oh yeah and it made a HUGE difference in power, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Just realized after this post I am no longer categorized as a "New CEG'er" Woohoo!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 07:18 PM
here is exactly what i did:

Jack up the car, support it on 4 jackstands. remove both front wheels, remove all of the exhaust components but the catback (just leave it hanging) start with the front header, remove all the nuts, drain the oil, remove the oil filter, remove the 02 sensors and remove the manifold. Pretty easy, about 2-3 hours. Now go to the rear manifold, remove the egr and the 02 sensors, remove all the bolts going over the subframe to get at the top ones, remove all the top studs, remove old manifold. Remove and cut up the EGR so it will fit with the new headers, wire up the 02 sensors+MIL's, install the rear manifold, install the EGR back, install the 02 sensors+MIL's, tighten all the header bolts and studs up, go to the front manifold, put header on the studs, tighten up the bolts, dremel out as much of the radiator fan backing as needed to get the upstream o2 Sensor in, install the downstream 02 sensor+mil, hook up the y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust, start it up check for leaks. Lower the car and enjoy.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Increased header cost - 03/03/06 11:03 PM

Jack up the car, support it on 4 jackstands. remove both front wheels, remove all of the exhaust components but the catback (just leave it hanging) start with the front header, remove all the nuts, drain the oil, remove the oil filter, remove the 02 sensors and remove the manifold. Pretty easy, about 2-3 hours. Now go to the rear manifold, remove the egr and the 02 sensors, remove all the bolts going over the subframe to get at the top ones, remove all the top studs, remove old manifold. Remove and cut up the EGR so it will fit with the new headers, wire up the 02 sensors+MIL's, install the rear manifold, install the EGR back, install the 02 sensors+MIL's, tighten all the header bolts and studs up, go to the front manifold, put header on the studs, tighten up the bolts, dremel out as much of the radiator fan backing as needed to get the upstream o2 Sensor in, install the downstream 02 sensor+mil, hook up the y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust, start it up check for leaks. Lower the car and enjoy.

How you put oil and an oil filte back on!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 03/04/06 04:29 AM
Originally posted by BlackE1:

How you put oil and an oil filte back on!!

Oh yea, i did that before starting it up
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Increased header cost - 03/08/06 03:08 PM
Finally after a week and 5 days of going through a bunch of crap with Pro Motion, my headers finally shipped today!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Increased header cost - 03/08/06 09:37 PM
Finally after a week and 5 days of going through a bunch of crap with Pro Motion, my headers finally shipped today!

[censored], mine shipped out the next day and got to me in 3.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Increased header cost - 03/08/06 10:58 PM

[censored], mine shipped out the next day and got to me in 3.

mine took forever as well! grr
© CEG Archives