Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: windrain MSDS headers - 09/29/05 03:08 PM
I ordered the MSDS headers 1st Sept, no word from MSDS yet re shipment, how long is the average wait?
Ye I have phoned, but I'd like to know from other customers.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 03:19 PM
Well, did you get them coated because I know that that slows down the process.
They gave me like a 10 day turn around, for the non coated headers. I ended up having to call and email and call and call and call... I got them about a month later. Marty seems like a great guy, but I was a little unimpressed by the service...
Posted By: windrain Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 03:30 PM
Ye, I asked for coating, I guess he forgot to tell me about this possible delay.
Posted By: morbid Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 04:30 PM
I ordered mine, with the coating, around August 18th. I just got off the phone with Marty and he said they're going out to Fed-Ex today!! yay! Took forever, but I can't wait to get them on.... um, after I get my car back from the tranny shop... after they get my tranny back from HMS, which should be another 3 weeks

I hate waiting...
Posted By: windrain Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 04:53 PM
Marty just rang to say he's waiting for FEDEX to pick them up. Is there an echo on this thread!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 06:53 PM
Originally posted by windrain:
Marty just rang to say he's waiting for FEDEX to pick them up. Is there an echo on this thread!

Fedex... that was his excuse for me. After I complained, I recieved them a couple days later.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 08:17 PM
If you are getting them coated, expect to wait about a month.
Posted By: Harrry Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 08:41 PM
Thats funny becuase i sent my headers and y-pipe in and they were sand blasted and then he applied 2 coats. HE recomended it for michigan. Well he got them weds and sent them out friday afternoon. This was just 2 weeks ago also. During this spree of buying time. So hmm, call call mart y and ask for x-tremes # and ask for allen. He does all the work for marty so he knows all the answers. He is honest as they come. He will tell u the truth. When he will do them and have he will ship them out.

Sounds like alot of this is due to marty not coming up with the headers fast enough.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 09:17 PM
You think?

He used to carry X number sets in stock, but thats when they were a hot item. I wouldn't stock alot of headers that don't sell very quickly (i.e. CDW-27 headers).
Originally posted by Arhethia:

Sounds like alot of this is due to marty not coming up with the headers fast enough.

Posted By: Pre98 Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 11:13 PM
Exactly.
Posted By: Harrry Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 11:17 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
You think?

He used to carry X number sets in stock, but thats when they were a hot item. I wouldn't stock alot of headers that don't sell very quickly (i.e. CDW-27 headers).
Originally posted by Arhethia:

You think??

Shortage seemed like a given, when i stated "Sounds like alot of this is due to marty not coming up with the headers fast enough". Sorry, I will explain myself better so others don't have to think for themselves.

U just explain what i meant but in more detail. tks for doing so!!

Posted By: morbid Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 11:54 PM
I'm too lazy to search the original msds grassroots thread, but I thought someone said Marty only had a certain ammount on hand, so if you weren't one of the first people to contact him, you'd have to wait until more were made. I didn't expect to get them anytime soon after purchasing them.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: MSDS headers - 09/29/05 11:59 PM
When I talked to Marty after my header order (back in Feb.) he said he no longer stocks contour headers. All headers are built when ordered. Demand is so low, and with the different exhaust flanges and coatings, there are too many variables for him to keep any stocked. I assume that him leaving built uncoated sets of headers around is a terrible idea b/c of rust. Therefor, he just builds to order.
Posted By: zrated_dup1 Re: MSDS headers - 09/30/05 01:56 AM
I will be ordering a coated set within a week, guess getting them for my mid october track day is out of question.
© CEG Archives