Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: windrain SVT cams - 07/28/05 12:38 PM
I'm about to fit SVT cams to a non SVT which has ported heads, Extrude honed UIM and SVT TB.
I currently have 160wlbs torque at 2700 rpm, obviously I'll have more power higher up with SVT cams but will I have less torque at 2700 rpm with SVT cams?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 12:57 PM
All that work and no 3L?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 01:45 PM
W3rd.
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 06:04 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
All that work and no 3L?

Its kinda hard to get 3L's in Ireland, I know cause I live there, as does 'windrain'.

But its a good question, anyone done it yet?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Ronan:
Its kinda hard to get 3L's in Ireland, I know cause I live there, as does 'windrain'.

Now who's on Lamer Street?
Posted By: carzyjay Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 06:22 PM
everyone has done it, lots of people have 3.0L. and it does not cost as much as having port work done.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

Not me since he doesn't have his location in his profile.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 07:45 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:

Not me since he doesn't have his location in his profile.

...in todds world there's always a loop hole out of blame
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 07/28/05 11:49 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
All that work and no 3L?

But its a good question, anyone done it yet?

You SHOULD have done it by now! You've been sitting on some SVT cams for a while now right?

It won't result in much of a torque loss at that if any. It will just hold on to the torque much higher in rpm.
Posted By: windrain Re: SVT cams - 07/29/05 11:15 AM
Only have the SVT cams a short while.
I guess if I put headers in at the same time torque would be up anyway, but would noise be up also?
Posted By: SonofSHO Re: SVT cams - 07/29/05 04:38 PM
Originally posted by windrain:
I'm about to fit SVT cams to a non SVT which has ported heads, Extrude honed UIM and SVT TB.
I currently have 160wlbs torque at 2700 rpm, obviously I'll have more power higher up with SVT cams but will I have less torque at 2700 rpm with SVT cams?

My guess is that you will move the torqe curve up. Keep in mind that the SVT ususlly has much higher compression, which gives a nice pop to the low RPM torque.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 07/29/05 11:33 PM
the .3 compression points are pretty low actually. The magic is in the cams, not much from the compression.

The headers combined with the headers will give you a big low end torque boost and the cams will take care of the top end. The combination is awesome. As long as you keep using a muffler, resonator and catalytic converter...even straight through designs, it will not be too loud. It will sound better, a bit more aggressive.
Posted By: windrain Re: SVT cams - 07/31/05 11:01 PM
Would a rechip change the compression or is that mechanical?
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: SVT cams - 08/01/05 03:48 AM
It's mechanical.
Originally posted by todras:
W3rd.

Don't mind todras he's a fool .
© CEG Archives