Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well I got my Xcal-1 in the mail yesterday and proceeded to follow all directions to successfully flash my car's PCM, and so I did. Left it idling for about 15-20 minutes, and drove it around the block for a little before putting it to bed. This morning when I drove to work and gave a fews spirited accelerations and shifts, along with taking a piece of highway for some cruise throttle... all I can say is WOW! It's amazing how much reserve power these V6s have! I mean this is just the first day and supposedly the PCMs on these cars learn and improve performance as you drive!!!

Anyway I spoke to Wayne and he says that the car should have a Rev limiter positioned at 7,600, and that the car's newly programed tune will continue to add power past the stock powerband (although I have yet to try that one ). Didn't really want to step on it the first day as Wayne also told me to "let the car learn little by little". I DID do a couple full throttles on 4th and 5th gear on the highway, but no juicy powershifting stuff yet...

Can't wait to go to Sebring raceway next month and see what this baby can really do!
awsome x i told you, you would love the tune, now stop being a woman and get on the gas, the car is made for it and the tune makes it better, dude go out at a red light carefully and matt it, shift hard into 2nd and stomp it, you will feel a little neck gerk then go into 3rd and matt it, thats the strong gear. trust me dude you will love it, dont make me wait till i am down there next month to show you how to drive a csvt , but yes i am glad you are lovin it and didnt i tell you.
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
awsome x i told you, you would love the tune, now stop being a woman and get on the gas, the car is made for it and the tune makes it better, dude go out at a red light carefully and matt it, shift hard into 2nd and stomp it, you will feel a little neck gerk then go into 3rd and matt it, thats the strong gear. trust me dude you will love it, dont make me wait till i am down there next month to show you how to drive a csvt , but yes i am glad you are lovin it and didnt i tell you.

...you guys both suck
I had wayne set my rev limiter at 8000rpm on my xcal 2. what will the engine pull to though with factory svt intake manifolds and cams?
Originally posted by racerbox77:
I had wayne set my rev limiter at 8000rpm on my xcal 2. what will the engine pull to though with factory svt intake manifolds and cams?

According to Ryan, his car continues to pull past 7,400 rpm since the air/fuel mixture is optimized, you now have a higher powerband. Amazing results that I can now attest to
From DemonSVT's website...

http://home.kc.rr.com/newshore/Cars/Info/RPM.html
that didnt answer my question though. Demon stats what he thinks is "safe". I want to know what rpm the motor will pull till with stock intake manifolds and stock cams.
Demon? anyone know? dynoed? "seat of the pants" doesnt always mean its still pulling.
it will keep pulling past 7500 but dont push it cause you are asking for problems then, once on the track i did it on accident and nothing happened but i wouldnt ever do it again, at about 7500 you get alot of power still but will go faster if you go to 2nd gear then 3rd at 7500 and so on and so forth.
Originally posted by racerbox77:
that didnt answer my question though. Demon stats what he thinks is "safe". I want to know what rpm the motor will pull till with stock intake manifolds and stock cams.
Demon? anyone know? dynoed? "seat of the pants" doesnt always mean its still pulling.

It will pull until around 7200rpm when the stock cams give up, IIRC. Your quarter mile times will be faster because you are staying in gear longer. You will be into the 14s instead of right on the bare edge.
Up that hgh if you fast shift - the synchros have a hard time keeping up.
Glad you like it X, happy to be of service.
All I can say to the nay-sayers, is I am no joke. I know how to tune these cars. These guys are my proof.
Do I need to start putting in a gift certificate for Depends?
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:

Do I need to start putting in a gift certificate for Depends?

Nice thinking, bite the hand that could possibly feed you! What's with all of these business owners thinking their sh!t don't stink? You know, I actually considered going to you for the X-Cal2, but saw that ADC(a company that has tuned probably 100+ Contours!) was coming out with a group buy for the same product. Comments like the one you just made, make me think that ADC is going to be getting a lot of business!

Mark

Mark, I think what he ment to say was that his tunes will make your car force the poo out of you!? or maybe im just tired ;p

-Alex
Or possibly scare the poo out of you..... I really don't think it was a slam.
Originally posted by Matty K:
Or possibly scare the poo out of you..... I really don't think it was a slam.

........i think thats what he was trying say...at least thats how i took it,i've talked to him several times..didnt get the impression over the phone that he was very arrogant...imho..
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
What's with all of these business owners thinking their sh!t don't stink?

I don't know but I know a couple Michigan people that think they piss Champagne

Nah but on the real, Wayne is a super nice peron over the telephone and he is very friendly and down to earth in person. I guarantee you that his comment was not a shot directed to anyone... Just something to laugh about as Matty K stated.

XL
Someone needs to "before and after" dyno this setup
Originally posted by Stazi:

THANK YOU!! And that's a Mustang dyno, or a dynojet, not a "butt dyno", or a "by the seat of your pants dyno". I don't think anybody has any idea where their AFR is actually at with these tunes. Kind of funny how people will dump thousands of dollars in parts and chips, but never pay the ~$100.00 to make sure it's right!

Mark
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
What's with all of these business owners thinking their sh!t don't stink?

I don't know but I know a couple Michigan people that think they piss Champagne

AMEN!!!!

THANK YOU!! And that's a Mustang dyno, or a dynojet, not a "butt dyno", or a "by the seat of your pants dyno". I don't think anybody has any idea where their AFR is actually at with these tunes. Kind of funny how people will dump thousands of dollars in parts and chips, but never pay the ~$100.00 to make sure it's right!

Mark

Dittto.
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Mark

Dittto.

......ahhhh tritto
the post about the depends was not saying scare the poo out of you it was saying that you will need them cause his tune is soo awsome you wont wanna get out of your car for any reason. he is 100% confident cause he knows his stuff, my car,x's and john's proves wayne knows his stuff. adc just started carrying sct products and hasnt perfected thier tunes yet, wayne has been with them for i belive 5 years
.......i'm sure i'll be happy too...next week when i get it back.
the post about the depends was not saying scare the poo out of you it was saying that you will need them cause his tune is soo awsome you wont wanna get out of your car for any reason. he is 100% confident cause he knows his stuff, my car,x's and john's proves wayne knows his stuff. adc just started carrying sct products and hasnt perfected thier tunes yet, wayne has been with them for i belive 5 years

I gotta wait 5 minutes everytime I park somewhere just to settle my tall boy
hahahahahahahahahaha good one x but verry true, dont let termites around you after you drive the car cause you will be half gone
I'd be curious about before/after dynos. I don't care how much someone talks, without dynos... I'd rather go to ADC and get dyno tuned.
half gone

Got that right!

Again, please, somebody do a before and after dyno with these so called perfect tunes. When I see a damn near perfect A/F reading, and verified gains, I will retract my previous statements. I'd hate to see those "WOW's", come back to bite anyone in the ass.

For instance, I get this nitrous kit installed. I run a decent shot and it runs like an absolute raped ape. I pull 96 Cobras on the top end like they're sitting still. I say to myself, WOW!! Next day, I put my car on the dyno, I pull 281HP and 289TQ, WOW right?? Well yes, if you mean WOW, my A/F ration is 18 to fuggin 1!!! I thought the Venom kit was a 100% surefire way to NOT run lean and blow anything up. I'm lucky I didn't go by the reaction of my boner, and actually got substantial evidence that the car was running LEAN! So please, somebody, dyno your car before and after with his tune, so we can put this to rest!

Mark
i will...as soon as i get mine back...

Again, please, somebody do a before and after dyno with these so called perfect tunes. When I see a damn near perfect A/F reading, and verified gains, I will retract my previous statements. I'd hate to see those "WOW's", come back to bite anyone in the ass.

For instance, I get this nitrous kit installed. I run a decent shot and it runs like an absolute raped ape. I pull 96 Cobras on the top end like they're sitting still. I say to myself, WOW!! Next day, I put my car on the dyno, I pull 281HP and 289TQ, WOW right?? Well yes, if you mean WOW, my A/F ration is 18 to fuggin 1!!! I thought the Venom kit was a 100% surefire way to NOT run lean and blow anything up. I'm lucky I didn't go by the reaction of my boner, and actually got substantial evidence that the car was running LEAN! So please, somebody, dyno your car before and after with his tune, so we can put this to rest!

Mark

keep all of this in one thread......it get real annoying seeing you two bickering back and forth on different threads.
Originally posted by tour96se:
i will...as soon as i get mine back...

thanks dood...

Ryan, ADC has been using SCT ever since they were known as Street Flight which goes back about 4 years iirc. ADC has perfected their tunes imho. Heck just look at Stazi's air/fuel curve on his dyno graph from SZ. Couldnt be any more perfect even with Stazi living in MI and ADC being located in AZ and them sending a chip that couldnt be anymore spot on! Just curious, where did Wayne learn to tune with SCT? Chris Drebes (Keyser) was taught by argueably the best SCT tuner there is, Jerry.
actually jerry you are WRONG adc was using superchips not sct. they are a different company.
actually jerry you are WRONG adc was using superchips not sct. they are a different company.

Lol, read signatures much

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Jim Hahn
1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04
3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit
364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm

I think he has a little more experiance with ADC than you do.

I really like Wayne and I greatly appreciate the deals that he gives us, but you running your mouth and calling people out isn't helping him
yeah i read sigs and when i first got my car i was looking for a chip and went to adc and it was superchips they were selling at the time, so cameron you need to quit running your mouth. you will learn with age there youngster. and it was my idea to do a gb for the flashers so its what wayne and MYSELF have worked out for ceg'ers. you know you really should be soo 2 faced dude!
can you please explain how telling people on public message boards you would like to do something to them with a hammer is going to help you sell things?

If you really want business, you will bend over backwords for customers, thats how business works. You on the other hand are calling people out and making claims without supplying the customer with data, and I can gaurentee you are not helping your cause

But I guess I am only 20 years old so I can not possibly know what I am talking about...
actually cameron you dont know what you are talking about, i didnt say anything about doing anything to anyone with a hammer, go read the post again cameron. and yes being 20 does have alot to do with it, you still have aloooooot to learn, not saying that i dont cause you never stop learning, but at 20 you are just starting to learn about big boy stuff. and yes wayne does bendover backwards for his customers. i am not representing his buisness here all i was trying to do is give ceg a great price on an excelent product.thank you boy now go back to class
but at 20 you are just starting to learn about big boy stuff

lmao
I just potty trained my self the other day, quite impressive huh

and yes wayne does bendover backwards for his customers.

I agree

i am not representing his buisness here

Yes, you are. Up untill 2 days ago when Wayne came on here and posted you were the only representation for his business

thank you boy now go back to class

i'm at work actually, nice try though
How does Cameron, being 20 years old and wanting proof, differ from say Stazi at age 30 and wanting some proof? Is there a certain age in which you are justified for asking a service provider such as HypIll Auto, to back up their claims? You just aren't making any sense Ryan.

Mark
I think he rarely does.
You just aren't making any sense Ryan.

Mark

How does Cameron, being 20 years old and wanting proof, differ from say Stazi at age 30 and wanting some proof? Is there a certain age in which you are justified for asking a service provider such as HypIll Auto, to back up their claims? You just aren't making any sense Ryan.

Mark

apparently he's too busy making e-threats to actually realize that people aren't trying to call him out, only trying to state opinions that have a high degree of merit.

no ,i was saying that cause cameron is a young kid that dosent know that much, meet him in person you'll see!! and like i have said before we dont have "dyno proof" yet key word YET. and no i never was a hypillauto represenative, i am a supporter. i dont work for wayne and dont make a single penny on anything that he sells.
lol

I am glad to see that the conversation has moved to personal attacks...

Still waiting for the answer to the question I asked about dyno tuning
how was that a personal attack there cameron? i was making a statment not attacking you. if it was a personal attack then you would have had that addressed to you and would have been attacking you. thats not what i did but thanks for falsly accusing me,lol. and what question about dyno tuning?
no ,i was saying that cause cameron is a young kid that dosent know that much, meet him in person you'll see!!

If that wasn't a personal attack I am not quite sure what it was...

My question about dyno tuning was in the other thread, but you never bothered to answer it there either
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car.

What are the bad things?

ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT CONTOURS???
no ,i was saying that cause cameron is a young kid that dosent know that much, meet him in person you'll see!! and like i have said before we dont have "dyno proof" yet key word YET. and no i never was a hypillauto represenative, i am a supporter. i dont work for wayne and dont make a single penny on anything that he sells.

You should have said that in the first place instead of:

ok demon and capt. i dont have to prove anything to either of you i am simply giving ceg'ers the chance to have the BEST tune hands down, if you wanna go with adc then great go with them and pay more, and dont get free things. you say you know all this stuff but are you a sct dealer or tuner? untill you are dont talk about tuning cars.

wayne has proven time and time again he knows what he is doing and thats all i have to say to you both. for anyone else if you want the BEST tune you can get pm me if you dont then go with adc!!!!!

Now, we all FINALLY agree that a dyno is onder, phew!! All of this "he proved this" and "he proved that" without seeing visual proof is killing me! And I think we should just let Wayne speak for himself, he seems to atleast have some control with his thoughts/posts.

Mark

Why do I feel like I am standing in a special ed classroom?
ok well it wasnt a personal attack, you need to re-read it once again i guess. anyways,there are good and bad things about dyno tuning cause meaning the bad things is that if you havent gotten a base line dyno with no mods you cant go off anything to see what all gains you have gotten. and if you dont have your stock parts then you wont be able to get a accurate base line. the more mods you have the better the sct works, yes it will work amazing on a stock csvt but say you have headers,a turbo,ect... it will work better. plus you dont always have to dyno tune a car. a street tune is perfectly fine just datalog the car and get the a/f good and the rest is cake from what i understand.
No sh!t. WTF?! And ppl wonder why I'm an a$$ to these guys? The same reason everyone else on here is. Get on a dyno with proof or STFU!!
this is getting kinda old guys
ok there toad-ras i wont stfu. what brought you into this anyways there dood? ohh i remember you like to pop your head in everywhere and make waves
I just requested a trade-in of my Xcal-1 to the Xcal-2 so I can datalog my car. Set it to Wayne I hope he can work with me...
ok there toad-ras i wont stfu. what brought you into this anyways there dood? ohh i remember you like to pop your head in everywhere and make waves

Umm because I'm trying to figure out who to buy one from! Holy sh!t! Not rocket science. Made up my mind.
I don't think he's realized he's doing more harm than good (IMO) for the new tuner guy on the block.

Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:

Umm because I'm trying to figure out who to buy one from! Holy sh!t! Not rocket science. Made up my mind.

Todd are you going XC1 or XC2? Just wondering since I know you are a tuning Guru and would prefer the datalogging feature plus LCD screen with the diagnostics .
You know what? EVERYONE.. back on topic... back on track... and enough of the personal insults, age remarks, "big boy" stuff, and arguments over any of that. That's it. If this thread is going to stay open, then make the effort.

Ray
1. This thread will be locked if does not get back on topic.

2. Several participants in this thread have been warned publicly in other "flame-war" type threads recently. If the flaming/personal attacks do not stop, those individuals will receive a "time out" ban.

Stop the flaming/personal attacks - take that stuff to PMs. (Per forum rules)
Get back on topic.
Dicuss.
by no means did i intentionaly flame anyone. that was not my intent, i am mearly trying to help ceg'ers thats all. its a great product and the tunes are nothing short of amazing, i will have a dyno run soon so i can "back up" my claims and untill then i guess there is no proof but all the people who has bought the flasher already. it will make you go
Well i don't really think you have to brag about the tuning from Wayne anymore.... Everyone knows very well what your opinions are. I just ordered mine from Wayne and it should be here by this weekend. I'm going to try and get on the dyno with a before and after, especially going to try and get a AF mapped out to show to everyone. I don't think there is much more to talk about until someone goes to a dyno....
yeah i read sigs and when i first got my car i was looking for a chip and went to adc and it was superchips they were selling at the time, so cameron you need to quit running your mouth. you will learn with age there youngster. and it was my idea to do a gb for the flashers so its what wayne and MYSELF have worked out for ceg'ers. you know you really should be soo 2 faced dude!

Just clarifying something here that everyone seems to not realize the progression of:

ADC: was originally using software/chips/etc from Jerry at Fordchip. They did not use superchips of old.

Jerry from Fordchip.com and Scott from Superchips formed SCT together and both do the base tuning programs that most people and most likely Wayne start with and then customize.
SCT= Superchips custom tuning

ADC is now tuning SCT chips since fordchip is now SCT. So Ryan you're only partially correct in your statement that ADC was selling superchips. They were selling SCT chips.

In any case, since we don't have dyno proof on Wayne's chips as of yet and we do on ADC, there is no reason to argue that he is better than ADC as it's a moot point. However, my bet is still with ADC as they have specialized in the contour for 4+ years.

Rick
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:

Todd are you going XC1 or XC2? Just wondering since I know you are a tuning Guru and would prefer the datalogging feature plus LCD screen with the diagnostics .

I guess I will take that as a "none of the above", given I am under-educated, a member of "the little people" clan, do not 'thrive on learning new things', and part of the 'Todd's an ass to me cause I deserve it crew'. Sorry my question was so lamely dull and useless. I only put an " " icon to signal an attempt to a normal conversation but coming from a tool of a person that I am, I kinda understand why you didn't respond.
Hard to differentiate your everyday drivel to a normal post so I just choose not to respond. Their is enough crap in this thread.
I think one of these 'talkers' has to be Rawburt.

I'm still curious about how the dyno'ing goes... though I'm planning on going with ADC because they haven't annoyed me with senseless ramblings.
I generally keep quiet on topics like this on purpose. But I feel that clarification is necessary.

To clarify, Ford Chips used Diablo delta chips. All software and hardware we used got much, much better and easier after the merger of Ford chips and superchips. We were actually grandfathered into SCT because we were with Jerry before he joined the team. So technically we probably do have more experience. Does that mean we are better? Not necessarily. Let's just say we both know how to tune and call it a day. OK?
Originally posted by Keyser:
Technically we probably do have more experience. Does that mean we are better? Not necessarily. Let's just say we both know how to tune and call it a day. OK?

Best thing said in the whole damn thread
GUYS!!!! people have said they ARE GOING TO DYNO...it doesnt happen overnight ..unless you have a dyno in your garage.....like i said as soon as i get mine back i'll set up a appoitment...
i want a dyno in my garage that would be sweet now all this talk about chips makes me want some spicier nacho dorito's and its actually a flasher not a chip, hardly anyone uses chips anymore cause flashers are soo much more convinent

You are wrong.

The were using Diablo & Fordchips and that company merged to form SCT. They even had the SCT software before it was commercially available.
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
1. This thread will be locked if does not get back on topic.

2. Several participants in this thread have been warned publicly in other "flame-war" type threads recently. If the flaming/personal attacks do not stop, those individuals will receive a "time out" ban.

Stop the flaming/personal attacks - take that stuff to PMs. (Per forum rules)
Get back on topic.
Dicuss.

Ryan and I chatted a bit via PM. He answered some of my questions and put me in touch with Wayne. I called Wayne and ordered an xcal-1 (I already have the OBD-II software for my laptop for datalogging.) Both Ryan and Wayne were great and I couldn't be happier. Wayne is sending the unit with two different tunes on it. If they aren't the best, big deal. You can get a different tune from ADC or whoever else you think is the best tuner. OR you can go get an actual dyno tune done for a little more money.
I'm enjoying my self tuned car very much thank you.

I think my results speak volumes for themself. I'm sure those poor F/I guys can attest to that.
Originally posted by xdouble:
Ryan and I chatted a bit via PM. He answered some of my questions and put me in touch with Wayne. I called Wayne and ordered an xcal-1 (I already have the OBD-II software for my laptop for datalogging.) Both Ryan and Wayne were great and I couldn't be happier. Wayne is sending the unit with two different tunes on it. If they aren't the best, big deal. You can get a different tune from ADC or whoever else you think is the best tuner. OR you can go get an actual dyno tune done for a little more money.

it was my pleasure xdouble anytime man.
© CEG Archives