Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wa2tuff Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 04:30 PM
I had mine done last year at a CEG meet. Jerry from Superchips did it at Dyno Dave's. Since the computer is flashed, I know it doesn't lose everything if the battery is disconnected or if fuses are pulled. But because it doesn't lose everything, if mods are done, does the computer recognize them or does it have to be reflashed to make a difference? I'm changing from a KKM filter to a K&N filter and I'm wondering if it's really gonna matter. I've also had MSDS headers installed and really didn't see any difference at the SZ05 dyno so I'm really wondering what my next step should be.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 06:21 PM
Makes no difference. A filter change will have no effect unless there is a bend in the intake pipe or it's over oiled and gets on the maf wires.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 06:35 PM
I was just looking at who was on line when I saw your name. I was going to do a PM when I saw you were looking at my post. I appreciate your reply. I kinda figured the filter would make some difference but nothing major. I guess what I'm really looking for tho is whether I need to get a reflash.

Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 07:33 PM
how much of a gain did you get from the reflash? ET? Horsepower? Torque?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 07:47 PM
180 whp
155.8 wtq

I was hoping for 12hp to 15hp gain with the headers but actually saw no gains at all. I've done a few mods to my car but I was really hoping for something out of the headers. That's why I posted this, hoping that someone who knows can honestly tell me that a reflash will matter (or not ).
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 07:55 PM
so no gains from the headers? strange. how much of a gain just from the reflash? what changes were made? how much$ was it all together with dyno time?

ps ill see you at Quaker in July
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 08:07 PM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
180 whp
155.8 wtq

I was hoping for 12hp to 15hp gain with the headers but actually saw no gains at all. I've done a few mods to my car but I was really hoping for something out of the headers. That's why I posted this, hoping that someone who knows can honestly tell me that a reflash will matter (or not ).

I'm surprised at your torque numbers. I thought that they helped out more than that.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 08:08 PM
car looks good Justin
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/19/05 10:05 PM
if you wanna get more hp and tq than that get a sct flasher, john (svtjohnga) will tell you and all the chicken wing zing guys from driving my car. sct gets you the most hp and tq gaines out of any flasher/chip dyno proven.....john is lovin his flash right now.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ryan(10mins)blacksvt:
if you wanna get more hp and tq than that get a sct flasher, john (svtjohnga) will tell you and all the chicken wing zing guys from driving my car. sct gets you the most hp and tq gaines out of any flasher/chip dyno proven.....john is lovin his flash right now.

"sct" ? could someone fill me in as to what,where,how, and how much?
Posted By: svt490 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 01:41 AM
Originally posted by racerbox77:

"sct" ? could someone fill me in as to what,where,how, and how much?

sct is Superchips Custom Tuning
http://www.sctflash.com/

Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 03:18 AM
Well if it was tuned with stock manifolds there would come a point where adding more timing would not be effective. Once the new headers were on, the car 'could' possibly use more timing, but no way to know for sure until you add it.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 01:03 PM
yes it is superchips custom tuning, and no its not the same company as superchips. they are farrrrrr better
Posted By: Stazi Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 01:47 PM
Chris he could probably benefit from an updated tune to accomodate the switch to headers, but I think his bottleneck right now is the Borla exhaust he has. The problem is that it's the same size as the stock exhaust - 2.25"

I think a 2.5" exhaust will net him more ponies as well as a new tune after getting the exhaust.

Tom,
you should sell the Borla and get a 2.5" Trubenz (with different tips). That's my opinion on the matter.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 06:16 PM
Hmmmm, (dollar signs flashing before my eyes). Maybe with the tax refund, next freakin year.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 06:21 PM
Tom I think you could sell the Borla and still have enough to buy a new Trubenz without dipping into your savings, seeing as the Borla is more expensive to start with.

Throw it in the classifieds and see if you have any bites - put it in your sig too.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 06:35 PM
i'd buy it off of ya!!
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 07:11 PM
guyz i got my sct flasher and i love it. im not doin anymore engine work untill my 3.0 swap nex year and right now this sct will keep me happy untill then .its great. so worth it. 350 for the flasher.go to hypillauto and look around on there. i was skeptiable at first but then i saw the difference.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 08:05 PM
yeah after i about snapped your neck in my car from the power from a n/a 2.5 l,,,ask jcsvt,stripedsvt,and everyone at the bbq, almost everyone drove it. trust me its wellllll worth the money
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 09:03 PM
hey guys what tuner are you using? i just ordered the xcalibrator 2....which one is better?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 09:30 PM
the xcal 2 just was released like a few weeks ago its alot better than the xcal 1 cause it has the datalogger in it, and the xcal 1 dosent. i just have a chip they all do the same things but you have the datalogger. we will all get the same gains in hp and tq if we all have the same mods, thats a verry wise choice of a purchase, who did you buy it from???
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 09:51 PM
Originally posted by csvt(10mins)johnga:
guyz i got my sct flasher and i love it. im not doin anymore engine work untill my 3.0 swap nex year and right now this sct will keep me happy untill then .its great. so worth it. 350 for the flasher.go to hypillauto and look around on there. i was skeptiable at first but then i saw the difference.

i assume a dyno is needed to tune effectively for this.Yes?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 09:57 PM
nooooo. thats whats soo awsome about sct no dyno needed
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/20/05 10:05 PM
i have a superchip and i notice no difference so with the new engine going in i figured i needed to do something...i couldnt get headers so this was next on my list
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 02:35 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
180 whp
155.8 wtq

You should definitely see those type of numbers from the headers & y-pipe. The problem is you did not use the same dyno as your 1st dyno for comparison. The only way to document accurate increases is to use the same dyno and preferbly the same operator as well. Even then results could still vary but will be the best you can do.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 03:11 AM
The xcalibrator 2 is like a "lite" tuner.

It allows you to make very minor changes using the stock program as a base. It does not allow for major changes or give any real access to the PCM code. Think of it as a tuner for the typical bolt ons.

Don't get me wrong there definitely is nothing bad about that. It's quite a powerful tool for the $400 price range. It is much better then the MAF hacking devices like the S-AFC, E-manage, MAFterburner, etc. Just don't think it will give you full access to the tuning ability of the PCM.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 03:19 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The xcalibrator 2 is like a "lite" tuner.

It allows you to make very minor changes using the stock program as a base. It does not allow for major changes or give any real access to the PCM code. Think of it as a tuner for the typical bolt ons.

Don't get me wrong there definitely is nothing bad about that. It's quite a powerful tool for the $400 price range. It is much better then the MAF hacking devices like the S-AFC, E-manage, MAFterburner, etc. Just don't think it will give you full access to the tuning ability of the PCM.

I'm guessing that the Tweecer is the only way to acsess the PCM code. What are the advantages of that tuner over others? It seems to remind me of the LS1 Edit and HPTuner that the Chevy guys use.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 03:21 AM
so its a decent option for anyone looking to optimize standard options like intake, headers, exh, etc.? basically for people not looking to the nth degree of tuning capability?

Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 04:05 AM
yeah after i about snapped your neck in my car from the power from a n/a 2.5 l,,,ask jcsvt,stripedsvt,and everyone at the bbq, almost everyone drove it. trust me its wellllll worth the money

yeah it was slower than x's svt with 20's....just kiddin ryan....i didnt drive it(damn alcohol) but i saw people take off in it and it looked fast.i know john was happy, it looked like he just lost his virginity for the first time.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 01:27 PM
exactly, thats the new way to explain it. the sct tunes will make it feel like that again
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 05:47 PM
soooo has anyone put it on a dyno to if "seat of the pants" equals 5 horse, 20 horse ?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 05:57 PM
i havent been able to yet we are working on a team dyno day as we speak but sct did and they got i belive with a basic tune ,on a bone stock csvt they got 10whp and 12 flbtq. and of course the more you modd it the more the chip will give you. plus he custom tunes them not just a basic tune
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/21/05 05:57 PM
soooo has anyone put it on a dyno to if "seat of the pants" equals 5 horse, 20 horse ?

No I have been waiting for Ryan to get on the dyno. I will be getting my car dynoed soon. It seems the SVT Focuses gain a good amount of horsepower and torque at the wheels and driveability is improved.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 01:07 AM

It's true I tell you! I watched him accelerate away from my turbo contour and I almost broke me neck!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 01:11 AM
Isn't the SCT Racer package the one we were talking about for the past six months in the FI forum because it gives you full access to the PCM? I take it this is not the same as the xcalibrator2?

I think the SCT racer packag is the way to go and I will be getting one since Tweecer will NEVER go through the trouble of supporting 1999 and earlier contours! It is cheaper to buy the SCT package than to buy a 2000 SVT pcm and a Tweecer to boot.

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 03:08 AM
Originally posted by JCSVT:
I'm guessing that the Tweecer is the only way to acsess the PCM code.

The TwEECer ($350-400) works on returnless cars with the XGT1 code. (yes you can reflash most returnless cars to XGT1) It has a STEEP learning curve.

The SCT Pro Package ($750-800) works on any car and has full tuning ability and a much more user friendly layout then the TwEECer.
It's still not a "plug and play" device like a chip. ANY tuning device can destroy your engine in a heartbeat if you don't know what you are doing. {/soapbox off}

Either setup is what you would need to be able to make major changes to the PCM code yourself. (I.E. engine swap, F/I, etc, etc)
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 01:22 PM
yes it is warmonger, and hey the pro racer package is cheaper than that deamon, atleast at hypnotic its cheaper than that.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 01:30 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Isn't the SCT Racer package the one we were talking about for the past six months in the FI forum because it gives you full access to the PCM? I take it this is not the same as the xcalibrator2?

I think the SCT racer packag is the way to go and I will be getting one since Tweecer will NEVER go through the trouble of supporting 1999 and earlier contours! It is cheaper to buy the SCT package than to buy a 2000 SVT pcm and a Tweecer to boot.

thats what wanyne was telling me.. .......as far as the pro package, theres two of them if i was listening correctly, and if you have the xcal2 the base upgrade is 175, the next upgrade is 225...add that to the 360 from hypnotic and its way cheaper...of course those prices could be wrong,my memory has been failing me lately...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 04:52 PM
well i know its under $700.00 for the pro-racer package, i will get exact figures for anyone interested..pm me and i will hook you up
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 05:25 PM
ok the pro racer package consists of a xcal 2 and a single licensed copy of the advantage software and it is $630.00 at www.hypillauto.com either you have to call him or e-mail wayne there cause its not listed on his site....i hope this helps everyone
Posted By: Pope Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ryan(CFpimp)blacksvt:
ok the pro racer package consists of a xcal 2 and a single licensed copy of the advantage software and it is $630.00 at www.hypillauto.com either you have to call him or e-mail wayne there cause its not listed on his site....i hope this helps everyone

the pro racer package is also supposed to have the Raptor data logger with it... (a $500 item by itself) you don't mention it, so does that mean he's not including it, or did you just forget about it?

and you are supposed to have the option of a chip or flasher...

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 05:40 PM
lemme ask him i belive the raptor comes with it, and yeah he will let you choose between the chip and the xcal2 but the xcal 2 is sooo much more convinent than a chip imo...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 05:52 PM
ok the raptor is built into the xcal2 thats why its a little more, but like i said i have no idea why anyone would want to do a chip rather than the xcal2 in the pro racer package. and if you did you would have to pay extra for the raptor which would be stupid imo.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 06:31 PM
beat me to it ryan...i was gonna say,wayne told me that they will be releasing the progam to data log shortly,and i can download it off line once its available,....for free.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 07:15 PM
yes thats true and that will be verrrrrrrry soon-not months away either
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 07:19 PM
Under $700 now...

The prices are getting better every day.

Toss in an LM-1 and you have a very nice self tuning setup.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 08:11 PM
well if you are interested pm me
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ryan(CFpimp)blacksvt:
well if you are interested pm me

Check his website Ryan. He's got a TwEEcer along with LM-1, and not to mention a SAFC! I'm pretty sure his tuning is taken care of

But $630.00 is a hell of a deal! Good job Ryan

Mark
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 09:32 PM
ok cool, just trying to help out all fellow ceg'ers with the lowest price on tuning avalible that i am aware of.
Posted By: Pope Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 10:22 PM
this is an absolutely awsome deal!!

How long is this price good for??? (I don't have money at the moment, but should soon)
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/22/05 10:24 PM
check yo pm
They also started selling the Pro Racer without the devices for those already have a Xcal/2 or SCT Chip. $299.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/23/05 12:10 AM
Hey guys, its me who Ryan is talking about. If you want to talk tuning or pricing options, please contact me at hypilauto@aol.com, or you can give me a call at 770-378-3447.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/23/05 02:20 AM
I already emailed you. I'm just waiting to hear back on the question about reading my current chip.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/23/05 01:28 PM
Originally posted by HypIllAuto:
Hey guys, its me who Ryan is talking about. If you want to talk tuning or pricing options, please contact me at hypilauto@aol.com, or you can give me a call at 770-378-3447.

hypillauto@aol.com not 1 l
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/24/05 08:07 PM
hey ryan i was reading your post in the svt website about the tuner...how come wayne never asked me what my mods were? i told him i was putting in a svt engine...then we kinda got off of topic.... i think he knows about bypassing pats but thats about it....i never told him about the cc cold air intake, the 80mm maf, the headers,ypipe,2.5" exhaust....hmmmmmmm
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/24/05 08:24 PM
hey chris cause you told me what your mods were and i told wayne, you know i got your back brother. by the way chris your xcal2 is going out ***TODAY*** i am at waynes as i type this brother. I KNOW you will love this tune. call me when you have it done and i will send you some cleaner to get to poo out of your seats.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/24/05 08:38 PM
hahahahaha.......i've never even met ya ryan...and i love ya' man ....in a literal sense of course....remember what i said about that wing fest more north.....and you can send the poo cleaner to 495 coutny route 30 ................
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/25/05 04:03 AM

Either setup is what you would need to be able to make major changes to the PCM code yourself. (I.E. engine swap, F/I, etc, etc)

ADC is now selling in group buy the xcal with a custome tune for 3.0 swaps.
So who's right?
I understand the diff. But i guess the big question is how much do you need to change from a stock svt tune to a stock oval 3?
Are you saying the % of change in the parameters needed would be beyond the xcal abilities?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 01:31 PM
i dont do the tuning on the flashers, i dont even sell them, its a friends buisness and i am just trying to hook ceg up. he can do 3l flashers thats not a problem, just pm me and i will shoot over his number so you can speak directly with him
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 02:51 PM
got mine in the mail...need to go and pick it up at lunch today
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 02:58 PM
make sure you follow the easy directions while flashing your car and when you take that first ride, bring another pair of underwear. cause it will be like driving the car for the first time again, but alot more powerfull. you are gonna be grinning big time.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 03:22 PM
well...i still dont have the svt engine in yet..but i'll put the svt ecu in and reflash it and see what happens... ...btw ryan thanks...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 03:27 PM
yeah but it will still make a huge differance man. night and day. and yeah no problem brother, anything to help out a fellow ceg'er
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 09:40 PM
boy o boy...having all kinds of problems with this thing...i FINALLY got it to download the program and read codes...first the buttons arent working right half the time..sometimes you have to press so hard that the lcd sreen changes colors,other times its fine ..next i got the program downloaded and the fuelpump isnt coming on now ...i'm not sure were to go from here..i'll put the stock pcm back in and see if the fuel pump works..
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 09:43 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
boy o boy...having all kinds of problems with this thing...i FINALLY got it to download the program and read codes...first the buttons arent working right half the time..sometimes you have to press so hard that the lcd sreen changes colors,other times its fine ..next i got the program downloaded and the fuelpump isnt coming on now ...i'm not sure were to go from here..i'll put the stock pcm back in and see if the fuel pump works..

That sucks Chris. What all did you tell the guy about your car?

Mark
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 09:56 PM
that couldnt be the flasher, trust me he has tunes hundreds of cars even with full motor swaps and nothing like that has ever happened, maybe it has to do with the svt pcm swap and not the motor, maybe it has something to do with that pcm. cause a flasher wouldnt stop the fuel pump from coming on,it has nothing to do with a fuel pump ya know. and the buttons not going is probly affected and not wanting to be pushed cause its throwing codes. trust me its fine i was there when he tuned it and sent it to you and it was 100% purfect.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:09 PM
ryan,i'm not saying that he tuned it wrong..but it prob is a pcm problem...the stock pcm works fine, the fuel pump comes on and the car runs fine..so it has to be something to do with the pcm...i guess i'll talk to wayne and send it back and have him change the code to my stock pcm... ...btw its throwing p1000 & p0230...its kinda wierd, it throws that before the car is even started...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:13 PM
yeah he will do that for ya that shouldnt be a problem, now you need a different svt pcm hu? give him a shout and let him know about it and he will square it away for ya, he likes to keep his customers happy.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:15 PM
no i'll just have this one reflashed...it should work fine,with the svt engine...once its in i'll have it retuned AGAIN,at a SCT authorized shop...i'll leave a message for wayne...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:17 PM
naw just send it back to him again after the pcm is fixed he will hook you up dude, i told you the 1st 6 months are free tunes. you just gotta pay shipping cause usually the tunes are done by e-mail but that involves the entire unit being re-flashed to a different pcm code. but he will do it for ya man.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:29 PM
thanks ryan
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/27/05 10:32 PM
no problem man, i am just lookin out for my fellow ceg'ers
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 02:40 AM
The code on the tuner HAS TO MATCH to code in the PCM.

You can not just use any code you want.

This is why ADC states it "WILL BUILD YOU A CUSTOM TUNE FOR YOUR PCM CODE" on the units they are selling.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 03:31 AM
The code on the tuner HAS TO MATCH to code in the PCM.

You can not just use any code you want.

This is why ADC states it "WILL BUILD YOU A CUSTOM TUNE FOR YOUR PCM CODE" on the units they are selling.

Demon, I've talked to Wayne before and he's pretty up on his stuff. He will tell you the same thing as ADC as far as PCM codes go.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 01:37 PM
no the pcm code did match the flasher but he is having a serious problem with that svt pcm. wayne is gonna try and fix the pcm for him as well
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 02:57 PM
yes...thank you ryan...someone needs to read ALL of the posts
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 05:25 PM
You are getting a custom program and limited ability to tune it.

Why are you even messing with changing the PCM or changing to another code??? Just alter your stock code and tune with the Xcal. You are making problems you don't need to have in the first place!
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 05:39 PM

Why are you even messing with changing the PCM or changing to another code??? Just alter your stock code and tune with the Xcal. You are making problems you don't need to have in the first place!

I think he is getting ready to put the SVT 2.5L in pretty soon. I believe he is using the SVT PCM on his regular 2.5L because something happened to the other one?

EDIT: Demon, now that I have read your post it makes sense. Why not just leave the stock PCM on until you get the SVT engine in?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:05 PM
i got my xcal 2 Monday, havent put it in yet but as soon as the rain stops ill be flashin!

ps: wayne must have sent it out the same day i spoke with him. i dont know if ill be happy with the 3 tunes he gave me or not but for now i will say im very happy with the way he does business.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:10 PM
i dont know if ill be happy with the 3 tunes he gave me or not but for now i will say im very happy with the way he does business.

You will be ECSTATIC!!!
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:14 PM
what exactly did you tell wayne as far as your mods?
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:17 PM
what exactly did you tell wayne as far as your mods?

I just added a note to the PayPal payment on the mods I had as instructed. He pretty much then creates a tune that is optimized for those mods. Man o man I can wait to go out and drive home!!!

XL
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:22 PM
I know but i was just going to compare your mods you told him with mine. I havent put it in yet but hopefully tomorrow it will stop raining. Im just trying to see if your mods are similar to mine - then I too should expect very similar gains. How much hrs pwr do you think it gave you?

DAMN RAIN ruining my fun!
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 09:38 PM
I know but i was just going to compare your mods you told him with mine. I havent put it in yet but hopefully tomorrow it will stop raining. Im just trying to see if your mods are similar to mine - then I too should expect very similar gains. How much hrs pwr do you think it gave you?

DAMN RAIN ruining my fun!

Yeah I had to install mine yesterday inside the car while it rained outside but nothing was gonna stop me from installing my flasher!!! Bwaahahahahaha!!! LOL Anyway, my current mods are:

AEM Short Ram Intake
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe
Magnaflow resonator
Dual Apex'i N1 N/A Rear mufflers
Fidanza Flywheel
B & M Short Shifter
And of course now my SCT Flasher
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 10:06 PM
he did do it the same day i was there when he sent all of your flashers out and watched him tune them all. trust me you will love your tune dude. and it dosent have to be clear out to flash your car, x did his last night in the rain. its in your car not outside. flash it brother
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 10:16 PM
Wait until a nice day. Take the car out and run it hard. Then flash the computer and run it hard some more. This will give you the best "butt dyno" results!

Mark
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 10:17 PM
were the tunes diff. from car to car? or did he make them all the same?
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/28/05 11:10 PM
were the tunes diff. from car to car? or did he make them all the same?

He makes them exclusively to the mods you have on your car...

XL
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 01:46 AM

Demon, though I dont know you, and you sure dont know me, how can you come on here and assume that I dont know what I am doing?

Chris told me he was doing a motor swap, and that he was running a RJL1 pcm coded CSVT computer for the swap. I tuned it for that PCM code, as he requested.
The problems that Chris is describing could be any of a few problems, possibly 2 or 3 combined.

I am having him send me back the flasher, and also send me his PCM so I can have it checked out via a Ford breakout box, by a Ford Master Drivability Tech, to make sure that the PCM itself is still good.
In the meantime, I will be reprogramming his flasher to his current stock PCM so he will be able to utilize it in the meantime for no charge.

Now, does that sound like someone who doesnt know what they are doing or will hang a customer out to dry?
I dont think so.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 03:02 AM
Demon, though I dont know you, and you sure dont know me, how can you come on here and assume that I dont know what I am doing?

Now, does that sound like someone who doesnt know what they are doing or will hang a customer out to dry?
I dont think so.

Why is it not a custom program for his stock PCM?

That's the whole point! Screwing around with a PCM swap when a simple code change is all you need is just silly.

As for his problems...
He is putting in a PATS computer (any SVT PCM) into a non-PATS car. The harnesses are different. For starters the non-PATS harness is missing all the wiring for the PATS module and antenae that feedback to the PCM.
Also most PATS PCM's do not accept the PATS being turned off even when changed in the base code.

BTW - never once did I state anything about anyone being left out to dry now did I?

Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 03:06 AM

Chris told me he was doing a motor swap, and that he was running a RJL1 pcm coded CSVT computer for the swap. I tuned it for that PCM code, as he requested.
The problems that Chris is describing could be any of a few problems, possibly 2 or 3 combined.

I am having him send me back the flasher, and also send me his PCM so I can have it checked out via a Ford breakout box, by a Ford Master Drivability Tech, to make sure that the PCM itself is still good.
In the meantime, I will be reprogramming his flasher to his current stock PCM so he will be able to utilize it in the meantime for no charge.

I dont think so.

Well said Wayne, although I don't think Demon was referring to you but to Chris himself, hence the whole thing was just a big misunderstanding. Demon probably thought that Chris was just doing himself a diservice trying to experiment with different PCMs just because "the CSVT one would probably be better". In the end, I think that Chris got ahead of himself and used the CSVT's PCM before it received a few programming tweaks to work with his setup.

I really admire your work and think that these programmers are the best tuning gig to hit the market. Thanks for sending me that new updated tune for the lower cooling fan turn-on temp. I will flash it up in the morning . Man I am loving this thing!
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 12:21 PM
...........?????????
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 01:07 PM
...........?????????

btw for anyone doubting demons points in this post...he has forgotten more about the duratec than all of the other posters on this thread know combined...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 03:38 PM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
btw for anyone doubting demons points in this post...he has forgotten more about the duratec than all of the other posters on this thread know combined...

.....btw for anyone who thinks someone is doubting demon,or any of his posts,...read ALL OF THE POSTS next time, i havent seen anyone question him about this yet......like happens most of the time someone(wayne) posts something,demon answers,usually with sometype of critiz'm,and then........well we've all seen it happen we know what happens after that...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:16 PM
i am not starting anything here and i dont know you demon and i am sure you know your stuff, but i know for a fact wayne knows his stuff he has been tuning with sct since they started and has been tuning cars since before 1998. he has been only a ford tuner and thats what he specializes in. he has tuned hundreds and hundreds of cars and every single one has performed beter than he has expected. if you want a good quality tune with 6 months of FREE tunes go to wayne, if you want a tune from ADC with no free shipping, no free tunes and no one posting about the "wow: factor after you install it then go to ADC. everyone that has gotten a tune by wayne has put a post with "wow" in it cause the tunes are amazing. when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
if you want a tune from ADC with no free shipping, no free tunes and no one posting about the "wow: factor after you install it then go to ADC. everyone that has gotten a tune by wayne has put a post with "wow" in it cause the tunes are amazing. when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER

WOW!! That's a BOLD statement you just made there! If anything, you're digging yourself a little bit of a hole Ryan. I've given you credit where credit was due, with setting up the group buy, and getting a good deal. But again, WOW!! You're going to talk smack about ADC, to SEVERAL ADC customers!?!? WOW!!!

Mark

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:42 PM
how is that mark. i was simply making a point man, when have you ever heard of anyone say they got thier adc chip and "wow" never. plus wayne gives free shipping and 6 months of free tunes. does adc do that no they dont. all i am saying is that you get alot more from wayne for alot less money
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

WOW!! That's a BOLD statement you just made there! If anything, you're digging yourself a little bit of a hole Ryan. I've given you credit where credit was due, with setting up the group buy, and getting a good deal. But again, WOW!! You're going to talk smack about ADC, to SEVERAL ADC customers!?!? WOW!!!

Mark

Yes, that was kind of out there but he does make some pretty good tunes. Wayne has a huge following on Focus forums such as FocalJet. I haven't driven an ADC car but I bet both tunes are probably evenly matched. You guys need to get on the dyno.

To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of mail order tunes. I've seen the difference that tuning on the dyno,knowing A/F ratios, and other variables can make. My uncle's HD gained 10rwhp on the dyno going from a mail order tune to a dyno tune but both ADC and Hypnotic seem to report good gains.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:48 PM
yeah but when have you ever heard of adc chip customers saying omg i love this tune. i am not knocking them once again. but justin even you after you drove my car had a grin from ear to ear and loved it.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:54 PM
yeah but when have you ever heard of adc chip customers saying omg i love this tune. i am not knocking them once again. but justin even you after you drove my car had a grin from ear to ear and loved it.

Yes Ryan it was good but you still don't have to knock ADC's tunes. We haven't seen a dyno graph from either side and I couldn't tell you how an ADC car drives. What everyone is looking for is some numbers.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:56 PM
like i posted earlier i am not knocking anyone, i said that point blank before. all i am saying is NO ONE has posted wow about adc but everyone that has waynes are,cause its a great tune. thats all i am saying here and you get alot more for your money. ask adc if you can get 6 months of free tunes, see what they say. never mind i just posted it, lets see what they say
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:58 PM
The ebay adds for 40hp chips use the word "wow" alot to. It doesn't mean [censored] without numbers. So instead of saying, my tune made me say wow louder that your tune, why don't you go get your car dyno'd and stop arguing about things you have no clue about.

Untill we get a dyno of the two tunes this conversation is pointless
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 05:59 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
The ebay adds for 40hp chips use the word "wow" alot to. It doesn't mean [censored] without numbers. So instead of saying, my tune made me say wow louder that your tune, why don't you go get your car dyno'd and stop arguing about things you have no clue about.

Thank you.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:00 PM
ok cameron youre right i have no clue about things, damn you are smart anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:01 PM
how is that mark. i was simply making a point man, when have you ever heard of anyone say they got thier adc chip and "wow" never. plus wayne gives free shipping and 6 months of free tunes. does adc do that no they dont. all i am saying is that you get alot more from wayne for alot less money

My only point was, you don't need to knock ADC, a company that has made 400whp possible on our platform. The people getting tunes from ADC have a reason for going to them. They have an awesome reputation, plain and simple. If nobody posts that ADC sent them an awesome chip, it doesn't mean that people aren't impressed. It means that they simply don't feel the need to get a bunch of band wagoners to smear their success all over a message board. Also, if I'm getting a tune, it's because I'm finished with modding my car, and that's the point I'm at. If there would be something wrong with my initial tune, I'll take that up with ADC. Would they fix their mistake at no charge? I don't even think I need to answer that.

Mark
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:01 PM
The ebay adds for 40hp

wow...ryan and chad got ripped off...their chip was like 20 hp
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:03 PM
ONCE AGAIN read the posts,,,,i am not knocking adc.......i am not knocking adc,,,,last time i am not knocking adc. and wayne fixes all tunes too but hasnt had to yet cause they are perfect from square 1.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:04 PM
ummmmmmmm...i have a ADC chip...and the only reason i said "WOW" was b/c i was like "...WOW that was a waste of 381 dollars!!!"...not saying there not good..i could've had that same response about the chip no matter were i bought it from..i just so happened to get it from them....,i'm, still skeptical of the sct tuner until i get it
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:07 PM
and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period

Again, refer to my post about my nitrous. You're going off a whim that the tune is correct and SAFE. Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself? Ever heard the term "lean is mean"? It's known that when you lean a car out, they are runners. Keep running at ~15:1 and you'll wish you paid the $100.00 to get a few dyno pulls. Think of it as $100.00 insurance on your motor So again, I'm not questioning his ability, he may be as good as you say. I'd just like to see some dyno graphs to compare.

Mark
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:22 PM
when have you ever seen a tune by ADC that made someone go wow NEVER

Now you are talking out your ass.

Making a post saying "WOW my butt dyno sure likes this chip" is a complete load of crap. Plain & simple.

How many CDW-27's has this guy tuned on the dyno? How many dyno runs of 2.5L's, 3L's, S/C'd cars, Turbo'd, et cetera??? How much experience with our platform does he have?

I can guarentee I have countless more experience on our platform then he does much less being compared to ADC.

I'm not saying he isn't a great tuner & can make a great tune on the dyno, but you need to Stop being so blindly Ignorant in your statements.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:24 PM
ok cameron youre right i have no clue about things

I'll cut it right there because it's the absolute truth. You are clueless!

For proof use the search feature; if you can figure it out.
...anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2

No offense, but you are sounding like a cheerleader. I've been following Wayne�s tunes for the SVTF crowd and he's mostly likely who I am going to steer the girlfriend to.

Regardless of a tuners reputation, assuming a mail order tune is perfect is not the best thing to do. On average many are fine in both the A/F and timing department, but you can never tell. For my GTI I have not heard of that many blowing up because of a bad tune, but in the lightning world it�s not uncommon. Granted both are boosted vehicles, but that doesn�t negate the point.

Example: The latest tune for my Lighting. First thing I felt is loss of power with the new tune. I figured it was because of a safer A/F ratio (old tune + new mods = to lean) and that it was driving smoother. I get it on the dyno and the A/F is perfect, but the truck is down 15tq and up 1hp from a previous dyno. This is not right because with the mods I put on it should have picked up about 20hp/30tq. Looking at my data log, slope timing is done. At WOT timing drops to 6.5degrees and slowly goes up to 17. But by that time I've only got about 1300rpms until redline which killed my torque band.

The tune is safe, but power is down. Butt dyno felt power down but couldn�t pinpoint the problem, real dyno proved it and solved. Your case of more power can be on the dangerous side of not testing.

On another note, saying the power is up and ââ?¬Ë?WOWââ?¬â?¢ may impress a majority of people. Then there is the minority that wants dyno proof, and then there are ones who will even question that.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:57 PM
ok cameron youre right i have no clue about things, damn you are smart anyways, i will be getting a dyno but that isnt cheap. and i personally dont need a dyno, the tune speaks for itself. period i am done playing with kids, back to school you 2

Ryan, you have spent thousands on your car (~1K with CF1 alone) how can you make a comment that Dyno's cost money. A few runs on a dyno is like $100 or less. I'm not bashing but come on dude you have spent a small fortune on your car why wouldn't you want the assurance that the A/F is correct? Plus the proof of the tune will settle all of this with before and after hp/torque numbers. I for one am very interested in this but words of "butt-dyno" excitement don't get it here. Show us some dyno's guys and then we will see one way or the other.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 06:58 PM
ok demon and capt. i dont have to prove anything to either of you i am simply giving ceg'ers the chance to have the BEST tune hands down, if you wanna go with adc then great go with them and pay more, and dont get free things. you say you know all this stuff but are you a sct dealer or tuner? untill you are dont talk about tuning cars. wayne has proven time and time again he knows what he is doing and thats all i have to say to you both. for anyone else if you want the BEST tune you can get pm me if you dont then go with adc!!!!!
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:03 PM
How are you saying that this is the BEST tune you can get when you haven't even driven a car with an ADC tune, and there is no data to compare the two?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:05 PM
did i say i havent driven a car with a adc sct tune, no i didnt cause i have and i was simply not impressed. maybe it was the way he wanted his car tuned but either way i wasnt impressed. and my a/f is good we have spent timeless hours datalogging my car before and after. i dont wanna do a dyno tune. there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car. i street tune mine cause thats where i drive. where are adc's dyno sheets???
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:11 PM
wayne has proven time and time again he knows what he is doing

I don't know Wayne from the guy behind the counter at a local gas station. He hasn't "proven" anything to me, other than he has some customers that are convinced his tunes are great. Again, proof is in the pudding, and in this case, the pudding is a DYNO!

and thats all i have to say to you

I realize that is all you have to say, you've tried reiterating your point several times. I don't think I'm asking for a lot when I ask for some dyno graphs. I've seen pleanty of dyno graphs from ADC customers, I've seen zero from HypIllAuto.

Mark
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:17 PM
and my a/f is good we have spent timeless hours datalogging my car before and after. i dont wanna do a dyno tune. there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car. i street tune mine cause thats where i drive. where are adc's dyno sheets???

not suggesting a "DYNO Tune" just simple basic dyno pulls (most shops give you 3 pulls for ~$75) to show hp/torque increases before and after the flash. If you can't do a before and after pull then a pull with the current set-up would be better then nothing. There have been enough dyno pulls around here with all the basic mods that could be used for a general comparison. If you are showing ~20HP above the norm then there is your proof.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:22 PM
And not to mention, they can show you your AFR throughout the entire pull. I'd be more concerned with my AFR than gaining a bunch of HP & TQ. As long as my motor runs safe, I'm happy!

Mark
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:24 PM
there are good and bad things about dyno tuning your car.

What are the bad things?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:32 PM
you guys are too much..
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:35 PM

What are the bad things?

Seriously, I have never heard anything bad about them.

EDIT: Ryan, I'm most likely going to the dyno next Saturday at Team Ford of Marietta. You could get some numbers while we are down there.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:40 PM
And not to mention, they can show you your AFR throughout the entire pull. I'd be more concerned with my AFR than gaining a bunch of HP & TQ. As long as my motor runs safe, I'm happy!

Mark

This could be the deciding factor in my choice between the two. Id be really interesting in seeing wayne's tune AFR wise. Im willing to bet that the ADC tune has a relativley safe AFR as they have had many contours on the dyno.

If wayne could get a car with his tune onto the dyno, and show us the results as well as an AFR rating, it would seal the deal. He is already offering free shipping and free tunes at a lower price. I just need to be convinced that my motor will be safe. With how bad I flog my car sometimes, i cant afford an unsafe tune

And to re-iterate, im not talking [censored] about anyone. Im sure wayne and HypIll auto are more then capapble of good tuning, I would just like my mind put at ease by actually SEEING it in a dyno graph (Im a visual learner )

Cheers,

Alex
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:40 PM
isnt the xcal 2 capable of tweaking the tune from wayne while on the dyno? Or didnt I understand that?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:41 PM
How are you saying that this is the BEST tune you can get and there is no data to compare the two?

DING, DING, DING...

~~~Ryan

I've seen dyno sheets of cars tuned by ADC. The gains are very nice.

Check out the dyno forum to see for yourself.

Damn you sure make a lot on unsubstanciated claims for not knowing or having any hard data.

BTW - what do you street tune your car with? LM-1 & OBD-II software???
I DON'T mean what do you change the parameters with but what do you TUNE with.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:41 PM
isnt the xcal 2 capable of tweaking the tune from wayne while on the dyno? Or didnt I understand that?

Yes.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:45 PM

Yes.

so buy the xcal2 from wayne (like I did) then take it to the dyno and tweak it. DONE.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 07:49 PM

Yes.

so buy the xcal2 from wayne (like I did) then take it to the dyno and tweak it. DONE.

Yes, but its not that easy. Many people don't have a tuner nearby or don't know how to use the software period. Luckily I have someone who knows the SCT software nearby who can tweak the car safely.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 09:28 PM
i'm not sure how you change any of the settings? or does a sct tuner have to do it? the xcal2 doesnt let you change anything once the program is downloaded
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/29/05 09:34 PM
From the SCT website:
Quote:

The XCalibrator 2 has both end user adjustment and high speed data logging capability. Using the keypad, you can make changes to your timing, fueling, fuel injector size, and dozens of other parameters. You can also monitor and data log all critical parameters by both connecting the XCalibrator 2 to your PC and using the SCT Live Link software, or by using the built-in LCD display.

ok demon and capt. i dont have to prove anything to either of you

Dude no need to get defensive. From what I read no one was attacking you, only looking for data. For some of us, butt dyno and 'WOW' isn't data. So in a way since you brought it up, you do have to prove your claims.

It does not even seem that anyone is doubting his tuning capabalities. I've seen dyno's somewhere for Wayne's work on the SVTF and it's impressive, but that is a different car. For the contours we just want hard data and to see it's safe. Hell you can dump a few bottles of toulene in a gas tank and see a good increase on the butt dyno, but that doesn't mean it's safe.

Theres a good chance all this maybe for nothing and his tunes are perfectly safe power raisers.

Part of it is also your choice of words, stuff like this:
you say you know all this stuff but are you a sct dealer or tuner? untill you are dont talk about tuning cars.

doesn't help you get your point across. I am not a dealer or tuner, but give me a wideband 02, the SCT software with road to fly up and down on and I can tune my cars better then a mail order tune.

Hell, I was going to keep my SVTC stock, but seeing your reviews of his tune I started changing my mind. Give me a dyno and if proves your butt dyno then the deal is sealed that I have to cough up a few hundred more.

If you even think about, put a stock vs tuned dyno out there for all to see will help even more to boost sales. Just make it customers cars because tuners tend to run a little more to get numbers up.

Now I'm off to go find those dynos for ADC. Why can't I keep a car stock
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 01:13 AM
i'm selling custom burned chips too. if you'd like, i can get a few people to tell you how wicked they are.

please send $150 via paypal.

thank you.

p.s. i'll include a free hammer with every purchase. it can be used for installation and also for knocking some sense into yourself.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:32 AM
Hey everyone i just got a ride in my buddys golf cart. And all i can say is WOW!!!! that thing hauls azz. I wonder if i could put a chip in that.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:42 AM

What are the bad things?

LMAO! yes, please explain?
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:43 AM

Even without a dyno, .7 of a second in the 1/4 mile is verifiable proof, which Ryan has and he has repeated several times. He lauches the same, he shifts the same, the only change was the tune. That not enough for you guys?
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:48 AM

Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself?

The average A/F on any car I tune is at 14.2 at cruise, and at WOT it wavers between 12.1-12.5.
I DO have 2 different AF meters, an LM-1 and an AFM-1. Any more questions?
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:49 AM

Even without a dyno, .7 of a second in the 1/4 mile is verifiable proof, which Ryan has and he has repeated several times. He lauches the same, he shifts the same, the only change was the tune. That not enough for you guys?

Ryan's car has gained power. I'll admit his times are faster but he can hold his car in gear much longer than a stock CSVT because of his raised redline. Most of the guys are not in the South to see him and would rather have dyno numbers than track times.
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 03:01 AM
We will be getting his car on a dyno and many others for that matter, but, bottom line is this:

I have been tuning since 1998. I am no newb at this. I tune agressively, but safely (if that makes sense to you). I will NOT do anything to your cars to cause destruction, PERIOD.
Yes I know Ryan is a bit gung ho about me and my company, but that is his perogative. He does attract attention and drum up business which I, of course, will not complain about.
And also think about this, Ryan has been preaching to you guys about my tuning for almost a year, and most are JUST now starting to notice, because people have driven his car, felt the difference, and are saying "Damn, maybe he wasnt full of crap". Plus a couple of the other members took a chance on the "new kid" and have been happy with their tunes so far.
Dont think bad of me because I am a new kid on the block, or that ADC has been around longer than I have. I know they are a good company, and have done a LOT for the Contour community. I never knock my competition, that is not good business.

All I do is state the obvious, my prices are cheaper, I offer you guys more, and I back up my work unconditionally.
If you buy from me or them, the tuning is with the same product. There are thousands of dealers out there with the SCT software, but, its the TUNER behind the programming inside is what makes the difference.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 03:10 AM
i dont so much doubt that it makes power (though dyno'd gains would be nice), but i am really interested in AFR- wideband proven.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 03:12 AM
Two points of contention.

Just raising the redline alone with knock several tenths of the 0-60 and 1/4 mile. You are gaining more usable powerband. It is not a direct indication of more power or even a stronger powerband.

12.1-12.5 is definitely too rich for the Duratec. Even playing it safe. I'll give that one as a professional courtesy because you carried yourself very well. I tried not to "pick on you" personally and will refrain in the future because Ryan was the one talking out his... well... 'nuff said.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 03:24 AM
You will get alot of respect on this board just the way present yourself. Alot of people get on this board and just post there stuff is the bomb and everyone elses stuff sucks. You get a few people post there dyno #'s on here with respectable gains and you will have a sh!t load of business, Including me.
From what you have learned CEG'ers are very skeptical people esp. with people who come on the board and just run there mouth about WOW this and WOW that and never post any #'s
So please dont let the haters scare you away, keep burning chips and dyno a few tours and then everyone will be calling you and not adc

Demon just posted what i ment to say.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 04:10 AM
I eagerly await a dyno graph showing A/f to remove doubt from my mind.

I have approximatley a week before i can justfiy dropping the cash to either Hyp or ADC.

Make me believe in one or the other!
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 09:12 AM
Well i've ordered mine officially from Hypill Auto, it's getting shipped out in the morning and i will be getting it within the week. I will be up for a Dyno pull if i can find a place around here to go do it for relatively cheap... If i get around to it i'll definitely post on here to see if it's a good idea to be running my car with the tune i get, even though i'm about 95% sure it'll be just fine. Now that i've read this thread i'll try and get a AF mapped out and all so that i can get a bunch of opinions.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
i'm selling custom burned chips too. if you'd like, i can get a few people to tell you how wicked they are.

please send $150 via paypal.

thank you.

p.s. i'll include a free hammer with every purchase. it can be used for installation and also for knocking some sense into yourself.

once again mxracer there you go with your smart ass mouth again. i know what i wanna do with that free hammer
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 01:27 PM
Who needs a butt dyno when you have a Penis Dyno? BTW Thanks Wayne! I dumped my girlfriend cause your program made me get off every single time I drove it!

J/K
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:14 PM

once again mxracer there you go with your smart ass mouth again. i know what i wanna do with that free hammer

and just what would that be?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:18 PM
i wouldnt say it on the open boards but i think you have some isdeas in that small head of yours. have a great day
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:24 PM
i wouldnt say it on the open boards but i think you have some isdeas in that small head of yours. have a great day

am i to assume you are referring to violence against me or my vehicle???
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:30 PM
no what would make you say that. i was a combat engineer in the army and prior was a regular engineer so i did alot of construction and know how to use a hammer to build about anything you must be paranoid to start thinking violence out of nowhere
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:40 PM
no what would make you say that. i was a combat engineer in the army and prior was a regular engineer so i did alot of construction and know how to use a hammer to build about anything you must be paranoid to start thinking violence out of nowhere

This thread officially SUX!

Mark
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:49 PM

Are you running a wideband to make sure the tune speaks for itself?

The average A/F on any car I tune is at 14.2 at cruise, and at WOT it wavers between 12.1-12.5.
I DO have 2 different AF meters, an LM-1 and an AFM-1. Any more questions?

12.1 on a n/a car? 14.1 would be better for a n/a wouldnt it? Wayne is there something about the Duratec engine that likes that af ratio.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 02:49 PM
agreed
Posted By: Stazi Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 03:16 PM
Actually on an N/A Duratech 13:1 tends to show the best gains at WOT.
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Actually on an N/A Duratech 13:1 tends to show the best gains at WOT.

Hmmm, I am curious as to what mine will be when i get the Xcal 2. Like i said earlier i'll try to get to the dyno as soon as mine arrives!
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 04:55 PM

12.1 on a n/a car? 14.1 would be better for a n/a wouldnt it? Wayne is there something about the Duratec engine that likes that af ratio.

At WOT, with the vehicle under full load, the target AF ratio for any NA car is around 12.5, blown/nitrous/turbo cars are safe in the 11.0 range.

Now Demon tells me that is too rich for the Duratecs, but, my tunes are making good safe power. I am basing my tunes for these off of previous tuning experience with hundreds of other cars. While the Duratec motors in these cars may be a bit different, I cant see them being THAT much different as to run a 13.0 or higher AF at WOT.
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 05:46 PM
omg blahh blahh is all i have to say, read the prior posts and you will see that i said i will post dyno results soon and untill then noithing more needs to be said, i never said demon didnt know anything about cars, yes anyone that can run in the 13's n/a all motor has got to know thier stuff and i applaud demon for that and wish i knew as much as he did. anyways dyno runs are coming soon and the a/f charts will be done tomorow afternoon
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 05:53 PM
all i know is that demon among MANY others have had years of experience with the duratec motor.....and when demon speaks on the subject i have yet to see ANYONE prove him wrong on just about anything he says about the duratec,hell he runs a 13.4 with no power adder with a motor he built himself, enough said...there is a reason that everyone on here comes to him for advice,and a reason people religiously follow his advice...he knows what he's talking about...

by being relatively new here you are only going to drive away future customers,by trying to be a know it all,and try and argue with the most knoweledgeable member of these boards,maybe open your mind and listen to what he has to say,he knows his stuff.....

i personally don't even own a tour any more,but i would NOT purchase anything from you based on the simple fact that i am sick of countless threads where a few are all over your nutz about how great you are,when there has been NO data or dyno plots to prove any of this talk,no a/f charts nothing....and then the slamming of adc which has also been tuning these cars for a long time and they also know there stuff....most of the slamming is also coming from someone that knows NOTHING about tuning a car,has never tuned a car themselves before,and is judgind by a sotp supposed gain they are feeling....

some people on here act as if this "tune" is soooooooo great and that it adds like 100 hp or something,i highly doubt you would even gain 10 hp with this tune,so why not post some before and after dyno plots,and prove just how great it is,because word of mouth means nothing...

have you read HypIllAuto posts. Hes being very respectful of everyone, including adc. Theres only one guy here that is making an azz out of himself. I for one am very happy that there is another person on this board other than adc that can tune our cars, And from posts about A/F ratio's between him and demon, it looks like his tunes our gonna be more than safe. So please dont be a d!ck and give CEG'ers a bad name, Cheers.
actually he's spot on IMO. All Ryan is doing by his constant babbling is turning people off oof the new guy. I've only seen a few of the new guys posts and he seems like a good guy, but when you have guys running around running their mouth such as Ryan has been then it turns people off. Period.

Originally posted by dubkatz:

have you read HypIllAuto posts. Hes being very respectful of everyone, including adc. Theres only one guy here that is making an azz out of himself. I for one am very happy that there is another person on this board other than adc that can tune our cars, And from posts about A/F ratio's between him and demon, it looks like his tunes our gonna be more than safe. So please dont be a d!ck and give CEG'ers a bad name, Cheers.

thanks rt that was my point exactly...i was not trying to be a ---- like whoever just said but i was merely trying to help him by letting him know that all these mouths running off in his behalf are doing nothing but giving him a bad rep on here....i mean there's even posts on the gb forums slamming adc on his behalf,when adc did nothing but offer the same product,and EVERYONE on here knows or should know by now that adc knows their stuff..
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 06:06 PM
Wayne, check your voice mail. I need to talk to you.
thanks,
Kevin
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 06:14 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
actually he's spot on IMO. All Ryan is doing by his constant babbling is turning people off oof the new guy. I've only seen a few of the new guys posts and he seems like a good guy, but when you have guys running around running their mouth such as Ryan has been then it turns people off. Period.

Which is why I'm currently working with ADC! If Wayne would have done all the talking from the beginning, he'd be getting my business. When people start speaking on his behalf with no concrete data and only opinions, I get turned off. It's too bad that he has to lose potential customers in the way he did/is/will.

Mark
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 06:15 PM
The misunderstanding continues... The post by chrisilverSVT was intended for Ryan, not Wayne... I think
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 06:28 PM
hey here i am and didnt the mods say to get back on track. some people just dont listen
Slurp Slurp!
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 06:58 PM

I never said he did NOT know what he was talking about. I am telling you what I know from experience and having been tuning for over 7 years.

Quote:

Again, all I am referencing is my 7 years of tuning experience. I have not argued with Demon yet, I have been very respectful to him, as he has to me, and I plan on keeping it that way. I am here to offer an alternative to the tuning options you guys have, and do good business.
I have read back through the archives and his posts. I can tell right off that he does know his stuff. With some of that, I will make some minor adjustments to my tunes, and have a couple of members try them at the upcoming meet in Lake Placid. I will have all of my datalogging equipment, including my AF meter with me there. Why dont you come on down, would be a pleasure to meet you.

Quote:

I addressed this issue earlier sir. Read back in the posts.
Seat of the pants is all that most have to go on. A lot of people cant afford the $75 for the 3 pulls at a local dyno, or my $50 an hour on top of that for dyno tuning.

Quote:

Word of mouth is everything to a business. Bottom line.
I could come to Memphis and show you what I could do with your Stang, on a dyno if you prefer.
Posted By: Pope Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 07:28 PM
Which is why I'm currently working with ADC! If Wayne would have done all the talking from the beginning, he'd be getting my business. When people start speaking on his behalf with no concrete data and only opinions, I get turned off. It's too bad that he has to lose potential customers in the way he did/is/will.
Mark

you're making the mistake of punishing Wayne for the actions of others. By your reasoning, if a handfull of us all started raving about how great ADC is without dyno graphs, you would be turned off to them, and that is illogical. Wayne can only be judged by the statements that he makes, and from everything I see, Wayne has been very respectfull and knowledgeable while offering an alternative to tuning source to that of ADC.

A mail order tune is a mail order tune, in either case the tuner must rely upon data gathered from previous dyno runs and the average impact of general mods.

Untill the buyer has an A/F Dyno run conducted prior to ordering the chip, sends that report to the tuner, gets and installs the chip, and then has another A/F Dyno run conducted, the tune is simply put generalized. Conducting dyno runs and having your car specifically tuned is the only way to avoid tunes based on a tuner's previous experiences.

At this point I believe that both ADC and Wayne have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to tuning, and thus far the biggest differences I see are that ADC has spent more time dealing specifically with Contours, but Wayne offers better pricing.

In conclusion, anyone basing their bias for or against one tuner or another needs a better reason than the ramblings of third-party individuals whose posts can not be controlled by the tuner.
So you don't care what kind of images or remarks a customer of X company makes? I do and so do others. It is unfortnate and I hope Wayne's tunes prove to be successful because that adds another possibility to the CDW27 list
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 07:36 PM
So you don't care what kind of images or remarks a customer of X company makes? I do and so do others. It is unfortnate and I hope Wayne's tunes prove to be successful because that adds another possibility to the CDW27 list

......not if one can think for themselves ...who cares what someone says about a product or company,really???
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 07:45 PM
I should have elaborated. As I've said before, I'm not doubting Wayne and his abilities as a tuner. The GB was started by Ryan, with no data/evidence that I'd be getting a good tune. If I had a mildly modded 2.5L with no power adders, I'd probably go to Wayne regardless, as there aren't as many variables thrown into the mix as I have with my 3L, nitrous, bigger injectors & MAF, etc, etc.. ADC came out with their GB and I called them the same day.. I don't base my opinion of Wayne on what 3rd Parties have to say, as I think Wayne is a very respectable individual, as he's clearly come across as in his posts. The thing is, Wayne didn't come on and introduce himself and his tuning abilities until well into the thread, and way after I had already called ADC. I'm also one that thinks you get what you pay for, and I'm not one to skimp on projects, especially after I've already dumped gobs of money into this car as it is. In my eyes, what's another $125 for tuning when you know who you're dealing with, and you've trusted their tuning for years? I have no doubt that Wayne will become a fierce competitor to ADC in the very near future, but experience with this platform is on ADC's side, and I like that reassurance.

Mark
If one can indeed think for themselves, then they will take in all available information one X product, to include what others say about the product. Would you have intially bought Weapon-R headers for the CDW27 hearing all the bad things about them? And now having a somewhat decent review? Would you purchase them? I'd say the likely hood has gone up....

......not if one can think for themselves ...who cares what someone says about a product or company,really???

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 07:54 PM
i'll be honest with you..i'm always looking for the easiest way out...and i've wanted to buy the weapon r headers since the first time i saw them...in fact i've been looking for a set for over a month now...just nowere to be found right now ......i've even bought the ebay intake and ebay coilovers....i dont really care what people say at all....i make my judgements on my own personal expirence...now trying the aformentioned pos products would i try them again?or recomend them to another ceger?..........not if i liked 'em
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 08:09 PM
once again i posted the gb to give ceg'ers another way to get good tuning at a cheaper price, i dont represent wayne or hypillauo in any way, i am mearly a friend of his and asked if a gb here would be a good idea. and the main reason he didnt post it was cause on 90% of boards you get a newbie with 3-5 posts doing a gb no one is gonna trust them. it could be a scam. like i have said to everyone in pm's thats asked me about this, i will tell you what i know and thats minimal but call wayne and he will go over everything since i personally am not proficient enough about tuning to explain anything about it in detail. so dont base your descision on my actions, base it on ability of the tuner,and what needs you can have met. and i havent dissed ADC like i said they are a great company i meen shoot they have the best turbo on the market for our cars imo. and yeah if they can tune a csvt to over 400 hp then dayum. thats just my 2 cents. thanks
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 06/30/05 08:47 PM
Ryan,

First off, thanks for bringing Wayne to our attention. After your last PM, I had a rather lengthy PM "conversation" with him and he was very patient, respectful, and helpful. I got all my questions answered, and I'd be happy to do business with him.

Secondly, I think you've made your point, many times over, and nothing more needs to be said until you get some dyno. People coming late to the game and flaming just need to be ignored at this point.

Later...
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/01/05 02:14 AM

C'mon dude. Now you are sounding the same as what you claim you don't like. Everybody makes mistakes, Greg, Me, Bnoon, Buckshot, etc. That is why we know the right answers now and pass them on to others. Besides, you forget yourself when you leave out all these other people on here who actually got to the dyno and got hard earned fuggin proof about what does and doesn't work. It is our semi professional disagreements that helped to document so much.
There are really only a few people who actually paved the way with 2.5L mods, tuning, 3L conversions, hybrids, tubos and more.

This kind of talk is just as bad.

C'mon dude. Now you are sounding the same as what you claim you don't like. Everybody makes mistakes, Greg, Me, Bnoon, Buckshot, etc. That is why we know the right answers now and pass them on to others. Besides, you forget yourself when you leave out all these other people on here who actually got to the dyno and got hard earned fuggin proof about what does and doesn't work. It is our semi professional disagreements that helped to document so much.
There are really only a few people who actually paved the way with 2.5L mods, tuning, 3L conversions, hybrids, tubos and more.

not to argue with you or anything,but wtf are you talking about???????your post doesn't make alot of sense...i was just trying to explain to those guys that they are going to lose potential business if they come on here and talk a bunch of bull,which has been going on...i'm not going to dig back thru the posts but someone did in fact say demon and others were wrong and this guy was god or something...

i was merely trying to make a point that its not good business to slam someone(which has been done in other threads)because they are selling the same product...all of which was not being done by the actual guy selling the product...others are spouting off on his behalf and making him look bad....just trying to let him know that the skeptics want to see hard proof,i have nothing against the guy at all,but there are several threads that basically turn into fights,over nothing...that was all i was trying to say in my post...

word of mouth is everything to a business. Bottom line.
I could come to Memphis and show you what I could do with your Stang, on a dyno if you prefer.

actually i meant that you were getting bad word of mouth because others were talking smack on your behalf,which may drive away potential customers...

also just curious what you could do to my stang tuning wise...it is obd1 not obd2.....so the flasher probably wouldn't work....i do need a tune,and will need even more of a tune when i get my heads,cam,and intake......
i would get my local stang shop to tune,but they are getting out of doing those kinds of things and are strictly selling parts and building race motors...

shoot me a pm if you can with some details and maybe we can talk about it...
Posted By: HypIllAuto Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/01/05 06:01 AM
shoot me a pm if you can with some details and maybe we can talk about it...

PM sent
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/01/05 11:10 AM
Did you get my pm?
Well I'm probably last in line for this but I will have it done as well .
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/02/05 04:24 PM

not to argue with you or anything,but wtf are you talking about???????your post doesn't make alot of sense...i was just trying to explain to those guys that they are going to lose potential business if they come on here and talk a bunch of bull,which has been going on...i'm not going to dig back thru the posts but someone did in fact say demon and others were wrong and this guy was god or something...

i was merely trying to make a point that its not good business to slam someone(which has been done in other threads)because they are selling the same product...all of which was not being done by the actual guy selling the product...others are spouting off on his behalf and making him look bad....just trying to let him know that the skeptics want to see hard proof,i have nothing against the guy at all,but there are several threads that basically turn into fights,over nothing...that was all i was trying to say in my post...

Look man, I'm not angry and I have no problems with you, so just take this observation for what its worth.

To clarify:
You were basically letting Wayne or Ryan know that you felt it was not helping business for Ryan to vehemently say Wayne was the best tuner, especially without a dyno. Then you went right around and did the same thing by saying essentially the same things about DemonSVT... who last time I checked didn't have a dyno on his engine/tuning either(although he has a track time). Not flaming anyone or saying that they SHOULD have a dyno, but you can't use a double standard on that hard proof requirement. Therefore, you yourself obviously don't like it when someone else is gushing praise about another person/product but then you did it yourself.

Then you did another by implying that no one has yet proved him wrong. So you obviously don't know about real past history on this board. It was through many hottly contested topics, arguments, etc., many that couldn't be proven either. Demon is smart enough to take the good and leave the bad like most of us. Do you know of TH? Terry Haines used to be on this board and people felt the same way about him, and still do. He wasn't perfect either.

Whatever, if you can't see what the post meant then I hope this clears it up for you. Essentially, I only meant to point out that you put out enough Idol Worship in your statements to turn off other people, same as you felt Ryan was doing for Wayne.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/06/05 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Marky:
Did you get my pm?

Posted By: Harrry Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/07/05 07:19 AM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt not to argue [with you or anything,but wtf are you talking about???????]

Seriously of all people u are speaking to warmonger!!

So far he has been the most calm and respectfull individual on this board. He is the most humblest person here, i believe. And a man places a simple suggestion to selfevaluate your statement. In which u totally ignored his reply to you.

I would rather go to someone on these boards that would treat me as a person such as warmonger, then to go to someone who just refers to your questions as "your and idoit".

Try and hold some respect for those who actually try showing you another side. Alegory of the cave is a good story to help explain this situation.

At subject at hand, i would love to see dyno plots. I am wating to install headers, and then order my chip after a A/F reading from a dyno!!
actaully i don't care who the hell he is his post still didn't make any sense and that's why i said that....what because he is a knoweledgeable member of this board i can't ask him what he means???? i'm sorry i didn't realize i should fall to my knees and worship him....and if you read what you quoted me as saying i said i wasn't trying to argue with him i wanted to know what he meant by his post,that's all.......his post didn't really coincide with what he quoted me as saying,so i asked what he meant....i didn't disrespect him in any way whatsoever,i simply wanted him to explain what he meant....how is that disrespectful????

the original post he quoted of mine was just some advice to wayne that he didn't need to have all these people badmouthing other companies,and trying to discredit knowledgeable members on his behalf,that's all....and warmongers response wasn't really about that,so that's why i asked what he meant...and then in his next post he explained it,which was cool,and that was the end of it,until you decided to spout off when it didn't pertain to you in the 1st place..

jeez maybe you should try MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS....i don't believe anything i posted or he posted had anything whatsoever to do with you in any way.....and stop trying to put words in other people's mouth..and since he answered my ??? himself,i don't really think he needs you jumping in putting in your 2 cents...
Posted By: Harrry Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/07/05 07:00 PM
actaully i don't care who the hell he is his post still didn't make any sense and that's why i said that....what because he is a knoweledgeable member of this board i can't ask him what he means???? i'm sorry i didn't realize i should fall to my knees and worship him....and if you read what you quoted me as saying i said i wasn't trying to argue with him i wanted to know what he meant by his post,that's all.......his post didn't really coincide with what he quoted me as saying,so i asked what he meant....i didn't disrespect him in any way whatsoever,i simply wanted him to explain what he meant....how is that disrespectful????

the original post he quoted of mine was just some advice to wayne that he didn't need to have all these people badmouthing other companies,and trying to discredit knowledgeable members on his behalf,that's all....and warmongers response wasn't really about that,so that's why i asked what he meant...and then in his next post he explained it,which was cool,and that was the end of it,until you decided to spout off when it didn't pertain to you in the 1st place..

jeez maybe you should try MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS....i don't believe anything i posted or he posted had anything whatsoever to do with you in any way.....and stop trying to put words in other people's mouth..and since he answered my ??? himself,i don't really think he needs you jumping in putting in your 2 cents...

lol man u are a funny guy
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 07:40 PM
ryan...i need your help getting a hold of wayne...i'm still having problems with my xcal2,and he isnt returing phone calls or emails...have him call me at work please,607 432 6192....right now i have a 380.00 code puller...and that sucks
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:16 PM
ryan...i need your help getting a hold of wayne...i'm still having problems with my xcal2,and he isnt returing phone calls or emails...have him call me at work please,607 432 6192....right now i have a 380.00 code puller...and that sucks

what does 380 mean? I hope Wayne hasnt fallen off the map I just emailed him today about a question I need answered before Friday(raceday)
Posted By: liquidX Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:22 PM

what does 380 mean? I hope Wayne hasnt fallen off the map I just emailed him today about a question I need answered before Friday(raceday)

He did a mini-dissapearance on me the other day too, answered in 4 days though
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:25 PM
has anyone dynoed his tunes yet ?????
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:28 PM
Originally posted by liquidX:

He did a mini-dissapearance on me the other day too, answered in 4 days though

...yeah i've been trying for three days now....380.00 means how much i've paid..after shipping back to him...now i have to ship it back again...he reprogrammed it to my stock com code TAA2...but when you go to program the xcal is saying that its the wrong ecm code........the wierd thing is if i put the svt comp in my car it still wont reflash it,but if you go to the "back to stock option" it will do that??? ......but it wouldnt do that to my stock pcm...
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:31 PM
TAA2 are you sure thats the right code? just a suggestion.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 08:34 PM
yeah positive...i even pulled the computer out of my car,plus my chip from A.D.C is programmed with that code
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 09:02 PM
I heard he ws driving up to Ohio to do some tuning. That would explain the lack of response via email. However, he was supposed to call me back this past Sunday or Monday and either forgot or didn't think it was that important.
I have money to spend too.

I'll give him another day or so.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/12/05 09:35 PM
just called him and left mess. i think he said he d b in Cleveland Heights,OH
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Custom flashed computer question - 07/13/05 02:21 AM
hmm. I hate waiting and would normally buy elsewhere, but since he has been fairly cool I'll give it a couple more days.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 04:13 AM
I'm having him refund my money. Wayne was to be at my house tonight at 6:30, after he tuned a guy's FSVT in Cleveland, OH. He offered to drive here to tune the car with the X-Cal 2. I called him yesterday and got his voicemail. Called it about 30 times today, got his voicemail. I get a call at 8:55pm from Wayne. Evidently his car broke down on his way to Cleveland. Ironically, his phone must have broken down at the same time, as he was unable to call me to inform me of the mishap. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, as I know that anything can happen. It's not the fact that he couldn't make it, it's the fact that it took until 8:55 to call me and let me know. It's sad to say that I will not be doing business with HypIllAuto.

I'd also like to throw in, that I will also not be doing business with ADC. I made phone call after phone call, sent email after email, PM'd Shawn.. I sent them all of my 10 dyno graphs, my mods, everything. I asked each time that they get back with me with what they can do for me. Well needless to say, I received ZERO response from them. So much for the great customer service that everyone here talks about.

Well, now you've heard it. This will most likely get locked, as I'm giving negative feedback about a CEG favorite, but I'm being honest with what I have to say. I will take my chances with a local tuner, or end up finding a way to coax Jerry to come to Fort Wayne, or limp my car that now has 39# injectors in to wherever he's at. I wish everyone good luck with whoever they go through, or that they atleast have better luck than I did.

Mark
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 05:03 AM
I'll add to this. I sent an email to Wayne on 6/28 and still haven't got a reply. A week later I sent an email to Shawn, he responded quickly and answered all my questions. I know where I'll spend my money.

Note: I really tried to ignore all the negative effect of Waynes GB rep. and give him a chance. I understand everyone gets busy, but answering customer emails is a must do.

Posted By: ZetecTour Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 05:27 AM
Well, now you've heard it. This will most likely get locked, as I'm giving negative feedback about a CEG favorite

this is true, but it shouldnt be that way...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 12:52 PM
...well atleast you guys have the option of choosing..i've already bought mine...so i have to go through hypilauto...
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ZetecChris:
Well, now you've heard it. This will most likely get locked, as I'm giving negative feedback about a CEG favorite

this is true, but it shouldnt be that way...

No, not really. People should be able to speak their opinion on products and parts for the car. Im sure ADC is an awesome company, but people should be able to talk about their negative experience so other people know, even if it is a once in a blue-moon type situation.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 03:37 PM
I emailed, and left a vmail to Wayne yesterday about a concern i have with my sct xcal 2. No response as of yet.
My question to him is - The first 3 tunes he gave me with the xcal 2 were great except the fan temp turn on was to low and the fans were running all the time, also the engine rpms would take forever to come down. He sent me 3 new tunes that fixed these issues. But, now the car doesnt feel as fast.
Also I see in the adds that you can adjust af and timing right on the xcal 2 screen instead of using the software on a pc, and Im not sure how to do that.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 03:49 PM
I emailed, and left a vmail to Wayne yesterday about a concern i have with my sct xcal 2. No response as of yet.
My question to him is - The first 3 tunes he gave me with the xcal 2 were great except the fan temp turn on was to low and the fans were running all the time, also the engine rpms would take forever to come down. He sent me 3 new tunes that fixed these issues. But, now the car doesnt feel as fast.
Also I see in the adds that you can adjust af and timing right on the xcal 2 screen instead of using the software on a pc, and Im not sure how to do that.

I think he was in Virginia with Ryan over the weekend. Anyways, I am having the same problem with my 180F fan tune, but that's cause South Florida weather is the pits right now. Humidity easily spikes 98%, and heat is from 85-95F lately .
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 03:51 PM
why do you have three tunes?..my xcal only has one tune on it?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 03:53 PM

he offered it i said yes
Posted By: liquidX Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 04:06 PM

I still need to fill my 3rd slot. Might do an NO2 Tune
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 08:38 PM
still not answering......................
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 08:51 PM
he is probly under his car or pulling the motor. he was in marmet west virginia and his head blew. his wife and i left monday at 11:00pm to go and do the 7 hour drive to get him,get a tow dollie and make the 9 hour drive back and i am only on 3 hours sleep right now since 7am monday morning. i will talk to wayne and see whats up with everything, this isnt like him,he is usually verry quick in responses to questions,e-mails,and calls. his customer service is awsome so there must be something going on. i will report back when i hear guys and sorry about all the trouble.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/13/05 08:55 PM
not a huge deal...i understand circumstances ..just like to get this done and over with already
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/14/05 04:26 PM
Well i've had my Flasher from wayne aka Hyper Illusion Auto for probably a week and a half now. I'm very happy with how wayne treated me. I usually couldn't get a hold of him during the day either... Surprisingly i could usually contact him over the phone around midnight Central time, or email is usually responded to even later than that. He's a good guy in my experience and i'm happy with the tune/customer service.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/14/05 05:07 PM
Wayne got back to me this morning and as usual he answered my questions and concerns. good guy he is. and seems to be in a good mood everytime we talk on the phone.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/14/05 05:28 PM
good, see i knew it was dealing with his car. hopefully this dosent change peoples opinions of him. main thing i point out is if you blow a head in your car you are gonna do everything you can to fix it asap and deal with everything else later. not saying that its right but ya know what i meen.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/14/05 06:03 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not pointing fingers at Wayne. He is a good guy, and I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of doing business with him. In my case, I needed something done, and I needed it right away. Timing played a huge factor in this, and it didn't work to my advantage. I wish him and his business well, and hope everyone gets taken care of.

Mark
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
good, see i knew it was dealing with his car. hopefully this dosent change peoples opinions of him. main thing i point out is if you blow a head in your car you are gonna do everything you can to fix it asap and deal with everything else later. not saying that its right but ya know what i meen.

Blowing everybody off, especially people like Mark who had an appointment, and cleared his schedule for the whole day is not the way to handle business. If I was driving up to tune Mark's car and my car broke down, Mark would be one of the first people to call, since thats what the whole trip was for. From what I heard, Wayne had the kindness to call the Focus guy waiting at the dyno for him, but couldnt find the courtsey to call Mark which only would have taken 30 seconds.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Better luck next time! I guess - 07/14/05 06:20 PM
incorrect beyondloadedse, he couldnt even use his cell phone neither could i or waynes wife cause there wasnt any signal out in the coal mining town we were in. he called from the highway for the focus guy to let him know and then the tow truck came and tried to call mark and couldnt,when i got there he asked for my phone and none of us had any signal. and thank you for not holding a grudge mark, you are a stand up guy in my book and yes i have been there myself where i would even spend a lil more money to get it done quicker or get a product quicker, i am verry impatient
© CEG Archives