Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: lizard svt conversion - 05/31/05 01:18 PM
besides a 5 speed what does a svt have that a se doesnt.
im planning on turning my se into a modified svt
Posted By: really BIG fuzzy Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 01:19 PM
high output engine

just simpler 2 get urself an svt from the get go
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 01:26 PM
Who told you the SE doesn't have a 5 speed?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 02:20 PM
Hmmm... yeah, SE's have the option of a 5-speed... and it's the same damn one our SVT's have. There are A LOT of diffrence, I'm not listing them becuase I have seen SEVERAL HUNDRED posts about the diffrence. Just do a search for there diffrence and you'll find a very nice complete list of what they are. It'll make you wanna sell you SE.
Posted By: starjammir Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 02:25 PM
Hey I still have the stique lol...i havent sold that for the SVT yet...YET!!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 03:01 PM
Why would you put an SVT motor in anyways, A 3 Liter would give you more bang and cost you less buck
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 03:03 PM
As a matter of fact now that I see you're in MI, theres a nice Austrailian fellow that does swaps and whatever else for a great price. I'm sure he might chime in sonner or later.....
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293:
As a matter of fact now that I see you're in MI, theres a nice Austrailian fellow that does swaps and whatever else for a great price. I'm sure he might chime in sonner or later.....

Nice australian?? That's like an oximoron!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 04:45 PM
hehe..

oxi-moron... like... oxi-clean?

oxy, I would beleive..

Ray
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 04:48 PM

I dunno Ray, I know what the word means and how to use it... but spelling left the boat sometime ago.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 05:02 PM
oxy-morons are fun, dodge ram... honest/smart politician...lilstryped is smart haha i'm just messin with ya.

But yes that austrailian fellow can help you out quite a bit, considering MI is easily one of the highest concentrations of CEG guys someone will help out. but do a 3L, as said better bang for buck. you could just PM him...Stazi.
Posted By: lizard Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 06:19 PM
i shouldnt of even asked
wow nevermind
Posted By: DopePope Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lizard:
i shouldnt of even asked
wow nevermind

wow im suprised at how nice everyone in this post was, good job guys
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 07:11 PM
In a nutshell, the SVT engine has been designed to produce more hp - UIM, LIM, TB, heads, cams, exhaust, etc.

If you were considering swapping engines, the 3.0 is the way to go. Visit the 3L forums.

Aesthetically, SVT front, rear, sides, wheels, etc. (Check Aesthetic forums for parts sources).

It really depends on your budget and what your goals are - aesthtic, hp, suspension, etc.

HTH
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DopePope:
i shouldnt of even asked
wow nevermind

wow im suprised at how nice everyone in this post was, good job guys

Yeah, I agree with Dope. Everyone played nice here, instead of telling Lizard to search, search, search.

I guess he didn't like the answer.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: svt conversion - 05/31/05 07:15 PM
SEARCH! SEARCH SEARCH!!!

I had to hahaha
Posted By: lizard Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 06:05 PM
i said nothing about engine and some how everyone says 3L swap
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 06:15 PM
You said: "Besides a 5 speed, what else does an svt have?"

They answered with what else the SVT has. You plan is to make your se an modified SVT

They gave you MODIFIED answers, and tried to save you money in the process.

Sorry they cared.. you are right.. you shouldn't have asked. you should have searched.. then you could know it without getting upset at us for helping you.

Ray
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 06:27 PM

Im doing a 3L hybrid...fun stuf..
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 07:21 PM
I would figure out what your looking for first. I did alot to my se over a 4yr period because it gets expensive.

1st for the svt look I bought from ford the svt front/rear bumper covers, side skirts, all the grilles and brackets cost me well over $1200 before paint.

E1 wheels and tires about $900 new used maybe $250 and up.

so far roughly $2500 for kit, wheels and paint.

for the motor I did svt uim, optimized TB, injen intake, ford racing 9mm wires, jet hot headers, magnaflow hi-flo cat, resinator and dual mufflers with 2.5 piping. full dyno tune on a dynojet dyno and went from 124 hp to 156hp at the wheels after static loss comes out roughly to 190hp. My timing and fuel curves are set up for when I put my zex kit in. I'll use a 75hp shot which willl net me around 265hp with the shot.

I was't looking to make my se an svt but I do love the svt's looks so that's what I went for and modified my se to make it a better se. I believe with a some money and time you can make a real nice se with the svt look. You can get power from your 2.5 and get it close to a svt's w/o a 3ltr swap unless that's what you want. I left the interior alone because again I wanted to make a better se with the svt looks. remeber in the end you will have a better se but your not going to have an svt(if that makes any sense )
If that's not what your looking for then the others are right, just get an svt. hope this helps you get pointed in some direction.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
You said: "Besides a 5 speed, what else does an svt have?"

They answered with what else the SVT has. You plan is to make your se an modified SVT

They gave you MODIFIED answers, and tried to save you money in the process.

Sorry they cared.. you are right.. you shouldn't have asked. you should have searched.. then you could know it without getting upset at us for helping you.

Ray

Hahahaha
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 08:28 PM
No one mentioned the fancy hard to find floormats or the cool SVT emblems!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: svt conversion - 06/01/05 09:32 PM

Way to be a douche

Posted By: Pope Re: svt conversion - 06/02/05 12:02 AM

it's really simple, you asked about turning your SE into a modified SVT, the main differneces in the SVT are: suspension, body kit, interior, wheels, shifter, sway bars, badges, floor mats, PCM, exhaust and... the engine (prolly more stuff I'm forgetting). So when everyone started suggesting the move to a 3L instead of trying to replicate an SVT 2.5L they were doing so in an attempt to help you get comparable performance to an SVT without spending two arms, a leg and your first born.

If you're not interested in increasing your car's performance, just in making it into a poser SVT, then you could have nicely said, "Sorry, guys not interested in how to gain performance, really just wondering what it would take to confuse people into thinking that my SE is an SVT."

Then we would have nicely replied, "Buy the bumpers and side skirts, remove your badges, get an SVT grill, wheels, and slit the exhaust into faux duals (like the SVT) and then it'll look just like an SVT from the outside." other's may even elaborate that to pull a really convincing conversion by including, "swap in a full SVT leather interior, and install a moon roof, and it'll be really difficult to tell."

but instead you bit the hand of the people trying to help you out, so now you are going to be hard-pressed not to have everyone respond with comments like, "Wow, what a dick!" or "Remove head from sphincter, search, then ask unanswered questions."

Now, doesn't it make more sence to be thankful that everyone responded nicely and in helpful way to begin with?
Posted By: Pope Re: svt conversion - 06/02/05 12:03 AM
I forgot... the air filter is different too.
Posted By: JB1 Re:contour svt specific features - 06/02/05 01:43 AM
this is lifted from the 99 model year owners guide supplement:

-larger front brakes, 10.94" vented front rotors
-bosch 4 channel, 4 sensor antilock braking system
-enhanced suspension, 19 mm front stabilizer and 18 mm rear stabilzer
-unique front and rear bumper covers
-round foglamps
-unique mesh grills
-unique rear valance panel, rocker sill extentions, mesh grill and stainless muffler tips
-unique wheels
-special seats front and rear with extra bolstering
-unique texture door trim inserts
-svt gauges

engine stuff:
-hp=195 for 98 and 200 @6700rpm for 99/00
-torque=167 lb/ft @5625
-redline=6750 soft and 7000 hard
-10.0:1 compression ratio, increased in 2k to i don't remember what
-throttle body=60mm
-70 mm mass air sensor
-large conical airfilter
-heavy duty radiator
-extrude honed uim and heads
-32 mm lim
-special cams and pistons
-18 lbs flywheel
-19 lbs/hr fuel injectors
-block mounted water to oil oil cooler
-quasi dual exhaust
-special clutch

any errors in this list are the fault of the owners supplement, not me.
Posted By: Bugzuki Re:contour svt specific features - 06/02/05 01:35 PM
Maybe what you could do is go out and by a nice SVT - take all of the SVT stuff off of it and swap them over to your SE.

Then take all of the SE parts and put them on the SVT. Then you would have a converted SE and a converted SVT. Maybe you could sell the SVT to make some of your money back. Tell them that it is modified.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re:contour svt specific features - 06/02/05 02:01 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like one of the few posts no one goes search nazi, offering genuine help and advice on this one, it's the poster that gets wound up on us.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re:contour svt specific features - 06/02/05 03:10 PM
Originally posted by SVT Driver627:
Is it just me or does it seem like one of the few posts no one goes search nazi, offering genuine help and advice on this one, it's the poster that gets wound up on us.

No [censored] !?... I was just thinking that, too alex! Someone took there smart people pills today!!!
Posted By: ODC Re: svt conversion - 06/02/05 07:32 PM
If nobody mentioned it yet I'm sure the SVT reflector is different.
Posted By: lizard Re:contour svt specific features - 06/02/05 07:38 PM
well thank you skunk,pope and my csvtyou guys gave me the info i couldnt find searching maybe because im just stupid but thanks anyway.
Posted By: JB1 Re:contour svt specific features - 06/03/05 01:26 AM
in all honesty i couldn't readily find the answer either. i know there have been threads about it before but i didn't find it in this forum or the general forum and i didn't feel like going back into the archives. atleast now we have it here. fwiw, in a recent post in another thread demon stated that the flywheel weighs a pound or two more than the booklet does. which is more accurate i cannot say.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: svt conversion - 06/03/05 03:08 AM
Originally posted by ODC:

Huh?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: svt conversion - 06/03/05 03:14 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:

Huh?

WTF

Did you mean radiator,if so then yes your right.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: svt conversion - 06/03/05 03:24 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8-130Hp:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziF�³sh�³:

Huh?

WTF

Did you mean raditior, if so then yes your right.

...and the radiator is too
Posted By: ReadingMerc Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 02:06 AM
I am new here so excuse me if this a stupid already answered question. I just got a 97 Mystique GS with the 2.5 duratec (auto) in it and I want to know whatts the differences between that and an SVT duratec. I searched and nothing came up . So if anyone could point me in the right directions to the info or answer my questions i would appreciate it much. Thanks.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 02:11 AM
FAQ / Sticky
Posted By: ReadingMerc Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 02:33 AM
thats even the same differences with a 2.5 DOHC duratec. I didn't know if there was a regular 2.5 and a 2.5 DOHC or just the DOHC with differences in the SVT and the GS versions
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 02:37 AM
Originally posted by ReadingMerc:
thats even the same differences with a 2.5 DOHC duratec. I didn't know if there was a regular 2.5 and a 2.5 DOHC or just the DOHC with differences in the SVT and the GS versions

There's only 2 versions of the 2.5L:

2.5L DOHC V6 <--- Standard one (like your Mystique has)

2.5L DOHC HO V6 <--- SVT ONLY
Posted By: ZomzSVT Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 02:41 AM
Here is a comparison(scroll up) between an E0 svt and a 98 SE w/mtx I found after a google search a while back when I first got my car and was looking up information on it (Lays out somethings pretty nicely in my opinion, in a nice side by side format.)... this might help out others down the line as well(sticky?) or added to the FAQ - Duratec Basics **Updated 8/11/05 thread perhaps. I'm not sure everything on here is 100% correct, so maybe other veteran's can chime in or something. For example right off the bat, the production number is off, but may be just an approx... I just know personally I've refered to that a few times for a few things. Hope this helps you lizard, or anyone for that matter.
Posted By: ReadingMerc Re: svt conversion - 12/28/05 03:23 AM
hey thanks for you help guys that web site is pretty good. One last quick question does performance parts pretty much match up and bolt on like cold air intake and things of that nature.
© CEG Archives