Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wp_master Contour Intake - 03/16/05 02:50 AM
They have these intake kits on ebay Cheap Ebay Intake Kit and I was wondering if this would be fine if I paired it with the K&N 3530.

I know these kits look a little cheap, but isn't it all the same thing as if I go to SP motorsports and pay 39$ for the MAF adapter and 5$ for the gasket? Plus I'm getting the straight aluminum tube to replace the accordian.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 02:56 AM
its alright...if your looking for just alright??? i'm not sure what the diameter of the intake on the k&n ru 3530 filter is??? but the maf adaptor is about 2.5 inches...as is the intake pipe...if your useing stock 54mm tb thats fine..but if your using svt or larger tb..you might want a intake tube from a better source...they are usaually three inches...if your looking for value try the cosmo kit,i have no experience with it but i believe the pipe is three inches
Posted By: MLuko Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 03:15 AM
Originally posted by wp_master:
They have these intake kits on ebay Cheap Ebay Intake Kit and I was wondering if this would be fine if I paired it with the K&N 3530.

I know these kits look a little cheap, but isn't it all the same thing as if I go to SP motorsports and pay 39$ for the MAF adapter and 5$ for the gasket? Plus I'm getting the straight aluminum tube to replace the accordian.

wont work.. the Air intake temp sensor is too far forward.. it would work on the regular v6's tho...
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 04:55 AM
Yeah to tell you the truth the Ebay intake kit's suck the big one. I order just a pipe and they couldn't even get that right. I ended up with the wrong size adaptors and when it was all said and done i had to buy another entire kit just to piece it all together to make one that's so-so, luckily i had my own filter and MAF adapter already so basically i have like 2 1/2 intakes put together to make 1. I would say spend the extra money and buy a proven brand name (ex: KKM, BAT, etc). Just my opinion though. If you wanted a real nice kit i'd suggest going with a CAI extention AND a short ram pipe.... but that's just me again
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
Originally posted by wp_master:

wont work.. the Air intake temp sensor is too far forward.. it would work on the regular v6's tho...

You could use it on a CSVT the placement of the sensor doesn't matter all that much.
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 01:58 PM
Better MAF adapters than whats in the ebay kits can be found for less than $39. Duratecperformance.com sells them for around $20 IIRC.

That ebay kit is a turd.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 02:04 PM
HAHA i just ordered one of those B/C im a cheap bastard. Ill let you know how everything goes when it shows up on Monday lol
Posted By: Redlineracer12 Re: Contour Intake - 03/16/05 11:41 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
HAHA i just ordered one of those B/C im a cheap bastard. Ill let you know how everything goes when it shows up on Monday lol

Good luck buddy, hopefully it works out better than mine did I want the GMK intake extention
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Contour Intake - 03/17/05 12:39 AM
i've got it!!!!just too damn cold to put it in...not to mention i cant figure out how i'm gonna get it in there ....i think my battery is tooooo big...
Posted By: Harrry Re: Contour Intake - 03/17/05 08:09 AM
Actually the cosmo intake worked great for me. Even though i only used the intake pipe. The couplings fit perfect, I was surprised. As for my maf adaptor and that cheap a$$ air filter they offered. It's on my buddies explorer.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Contour Intake - 03/17/05 02:10 PM
what size is the pipe?? also did the rubber coupler from the pipe to the maf fit???my buddy bought a ebay intake,and the rubber coupler didnt fit on his maf...so he's rolling around with one black and one blue one.........
Posted By: Harrry Re: Contour Intake - 03/17/05 05:22 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
what size is the pipe?? also did the rubber coupler from the pipe to the maf fit???my buddy bought a ebay intake,and the rubber coupler didnt fit on his maf...so he's rolling around with one black and one blue one.........

1. Pipe is 3inch.
2. Coouplings fit perfect, no extra couplings where needed to fit to the maff.
3. The only thing i did was drill a hole to put the IAT sensor in. I bought a gromet as Stazi recomneded and then pushed it on. The iat went in perfect.
4.Cost 50.00 out the door.
© CEG Archives