Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: windrain Viper Induction Kit - 02/11/05 06:00 PM
I'm thinking of installing a Viper Induction kit on Contour V6, anyone got real life experience vis-a-vis performance noise etc
Posted By: Stazi Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/11/05 06:03 PM
WTF is a Viper induction kit?
Posted By: windrain Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/11/05 07:30 PM
An induction system for ramming cold air in see,

http://www.proven-products.co.uk/viper_induction_kit.htm
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/11/05 07:43 PM
"The cold air feed takes air from behind the grill straight into the VIPER �s 100mm diameter inlet, swirling it through a unique Pipercross velocity filter contained within a carbon fibre heat shield,and then into a ram pipe to increase it�s pressure before feeding it into the induction system."

Well isn't that just a fancy description? What the hell does that mean "increase it's pressure before feeding it into the induction system" and how??

Mark
Posted By: Stazi Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/11/05 07:45 PM
Ask the Mondeo boys......

As for the air-ram effect. Unless you're doing 150+mph, I don't think you're ramming anything. In fact many peopl have reported issues with the car stalling and bucking with that type of snorkel fed intake as the turbulence those things produce on cost sends the ECU haywire as the MAF is sending fluctating readings to it.

In any case I'd say you wouldn't gain much, if anything over the tried and trued K&N RU-3530, BAT MAF adapter, and heatsheild......
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/12/05 04:22 AM
The blondes would do a whole lot more than anything!!!!!
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/12/05 05:39 AM
Personally I wouldn't trust a website that looks like it has been coded by a 7 year old or who cannot afford anything better than Microsoft Frontpage 5.0:

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="pipercross viper induction kit">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
Posted By: mygameisplatnum Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/12/05 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Twisted6:
Personally I wouldn't trust a website that looks like it has been coded by a 7 year old or who cannot afford anything better than Microsoft Frontpage 5.0:

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="pipercross viper induction kit">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">

ya but im a sucker for blondes and lingerie..i might just buy it
Posted By: dbateman Re: Viper Induction Kit - 02/16/05 07:05 PM
The crappy web page isn't necessarily a bad thing. The best gunsmith I know has me do his website work because he has absolutely no skill with computers.

But if you need chicks in lingere to sell your product, I'd be a little worried. Smoke & mirrors (and T&A) alert.

© CEG Archives