Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WYatt eaRP Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/10/04 08:56 AM
If I'm understanding the problem correctly the ridiculous wheel hop our cars experience is a result of the roll resitors allowing for too much movement, that's where filling them helps, and welding in a metal plate (like Here) pretty much elimintaes it.

So my question: Is there any reason not to fabricate solid mounts to entirely replace the roll-resistors?
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/10/04 09:50 AM
keep your eyes peeled its in the works.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/11/04 03:12 AM
you would get mad engine vibration in the passenger compartment with solid ones. I filled mine with 2 part urethane casting compound. search the archives for engine mounts. there is one with a website and part numbers. stuff works great.
Posted By: WYatt eaRP Re: Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/11/04 08:41 AM
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
keep your eyes peeled its in the works.

Are you making them? or someone else? What is being used?

I'm thinking I'm going to use some square steel tube and quarter inch plate stock, but thats what I have easy access to. And to reduce vibration transfer, I'm planning on using rubber or urathane washers between the mounts and the chassis.
Posted By: TMoose02 Re: Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/11/04 02:19 PM
what about the solid tourqe brace that replaces the engine damper(stab-o-shock)? That must help with elimination of wheel hop. i also agree that eliminating the roll of the engine completely will help wear on your tranny and clutch much quicker.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Roll Resistors and Wheel Hop - 11/12/04 01:13 AM
Originally posted by TMoose02:
i also agree that eliminating the roll of the engine completely will help wear on your tranny and clutch much quicker.

please explain? How does movement of the engine cause less wear on clutch and tranny?
© CEG Archives