Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Anonymous what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/18/04 12:15 AM
here is a link of the tour with pics of the scoop in differnt places, and backwards. What do you all think.

do you like it all?
should it be mounted shaker out (scoop out) or make it face the windshield????

it isnt painted yet cuz i dont know if i will use it

hood pics
Personaly, i don't think that thoes types of scoops or vents look good on our cars.

Lupe
I have never been a fan of stick on scoops. They just look cheap.
I have a scoop. I like it, looks cool. Other don't, so I went with what I like and say screw everyone else ! lol Do what you think looks good. -B.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/18/04 01:38 AM
widow please post pics or email them to me @ iamdickiec@hotmail.com
1) If you're going to put a scoop on, make it functional (yeah, cut a hold in the hood)
2) Definately point it forward
3) Keep the dog as your copilot at all times...he's super cool!

These are just my opinions.
I am going to post pics soon, have to get the rest of the car done. -B.
Way to much free time !!!
I think it looks good backwards. Are you going to mold it on the hood, or just stick it on there?
Originally posted by blackwidowSVTT:
I have a scoop. I like it, looks cool. Other don't, so I went with what I like and say screw everyone else ! lol Do what you think looks good. -B.

He asked for opinions and we gave him one.....if he likes it then go ahead and do it.

Lupe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/18/04 02:19 AM
IF i put it on i will stick it, trust me i would rather mold it on, but it is my daily driver, and i have never shot a hood before with paint, i have done a mustang cowl and a fender, but hoods are real hard.
NNNNaaaaaa. It just doesn't look right. Now if it was a cowl hood.......hint, hint, hint---livinsvt
Originally posted by WOLF24:

Not to mention tacky and in poor taste.
If you molded it, it would look awsome, send me a link to where you bought the scoop.
molded yes

anything else...no
Originally posted by iamdickie:
IF i put it on i will stick it, trust me i would rather mold it on, but it is my daily driver, and i have never shot a hood before with paint, i have done a mustang cowl and a fender, but hoods are real hard.

If you put on a stick on cowl on your car...karma will catch up with you.

I'm not making this sh!t up, don't do it. Inevitable death will follow...
Have you considered the Mustang Scoop like on Speed Demons car?? No molding needed, just measure and bolt it down.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/18/04 01:18 PM
yes i looked into this and he said that it DESTROYED his hood. he said is scratched the paint, and i didnt want to run that risk.

what i will more than likly end up doing is painting it, see how it looks, and if i dont like it ill put it on the ebay.
Hmmmm, maybe if you put it on the roof, like a cabin cooler...
I was thinking about this last night after I posted, cut a hole in your hood using a dremel or a rota zip, and then fit the scoop up from under neither, and then you can glue it on, and do some minor body work around the top in order to make it fit, and sit correctly. If I could do it on a CF hood I would buy the scoop and do it to my hood when I get it this summer.
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
molded yes

anything else...no

I agree.
how abuot this 1
http://www.apchosting.co.uk/gallery/chillduke/scoop_1
and
http://www.apchosting.co.uk/gallery/chillduke/full_on_front
Originally posted by chillduke:
how abuot this 1
and

take your nice as car and leave, you guys suck, you get all the cool stuff. in the US we get nothing.
dude that looks ghey......
Originally posted by Derk2000:
1) If you're going to put a scoop on, make it functional (yeah, cut a hold in the hood)
2) Definately point it forward
3) Keep the dog as your copilot at all times...he's super cool!

These are just my opinions.

maybe u could even let him drive?!
I would want to put a scoop on the bottom of the front bumper in front of the tire. this would need a cut out to flow cold air to a k&n. Cold Air! Just a thought. might look ghey so who knows.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Hmmmm, maybe if you put it on the roof, like a cabin cooler...

It would be as useful up there as it would be on the hood ......
how abuot this 1
and

I like the dog!better than the scoop
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
how abuot this 1
and

lol u like then
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:

is that good or bad ??????????
Originally posted by outkast:

You just gave me an idea for the scoop.
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:

is that good or bad ??????????

It's bad, and he was referring to iamdickie's pictures. Yours are much prettier, but I must say that scoop looks to be pretty far from the intake. Or maybe it's a zetec? Anyway, I'd be curious to see how you routed the air from the scoop to the engine.
As is it wont put any air into the eninge bay at all. If he made it function and it was facing forward it would bring air in, cool down the engine, and even though its far away from the intake, cooler air in the general area would help. If he puts it backwards and makes it functional it looks like a cowl hood and even then it would function to cool the engine down, which is always a plus. I forget what they're called ( a nacaduct?) but i've seen a guy put one on his contours hood right above/infront of intake, and then put a cover over it, and the same on the otherside. it looked pretty sweet, somewhat similar to the way that the new SS's have theirs.
Actually, unchannelled airflow into the engine bay via a scoop could make the engine run hotter, as it will decrease the pressure differential across the radiator, resulting in less airflow/cooling of the engine coolant.

You need a sealed duct system from the hood opening to the airbox.
scoops look good molded with a bodykit and 1.5" drop.
You gotta go all the way with it
Originally posted by WOLF24:

Originally posted by outkast:

not my style......I prefer the WRX STI scoop but to each his own
Looks like a $15 ebay hood scoop. Shouldve gotten the original mustang hood scoop! They are a bit expensive but its worth it.
chillduke: your car looks awesome. Very very very

Originally posted by RogerB:
Actually, unchannelled airflow into the engine bay via a scoop could make the engine run hotter, as it will decrease the pressure differential across the radiator, resulting in less airflow/cooling of the engine coolant.

I never thought about that...
Is this true and verified or just theory?

Anyway, here's BLACKWIDDOWSVTT's car:

You've done quite a few minor touches, and it looks good!

thanks bud

Originally posted by RogerB:

I never thought about that...
Is this true and verified or just theory?

Ask Terry Haines.

Do I have to?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/25/04 02:53 PM
doesblack widow have anymore pics of his car, i would like to see some pictures that are a little more clear of that scoop

your scoop looks cool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: what do you think of this scoop, lots of pics! - 05/26/04 12:37 PM
Ok AFTER A HUGE MESS...

Ok so we painted the scoop UA black...
then we clear coated it with a new clear coat...
then my buddy got a little impatciant....
THEN IT RAN....
then i hod louvers...aka paint runs.
2 hrs of sanding.... and the runs appears removed
another coat of clear
the runs are back
2 days to fully dry
3 hrs of sanding to remove the clear coat runs...
1 last coat od clear

NOW im ready to wet sand agian, there are no runs in it now, all i have to do it polish and install ill post pics as soon as im done.

I have to say what a nightmare this was
© CEG Archives