Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bisco44 contour engine swap - 03/29/04 06:12 PM
98 contour w/ 2.0 4cyl. I want to put in a V6. What engine can I swap it for and what changes are necessary?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: contour engine swap - 03/29/04 06:15 PM
good luck.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: contour engine swap - 03/29/04 06:17 PM
You would need to replace the subframe and transmission as well as a whole list of other parts to go from Zetec to Duratec. Total cost would probably be more than going out and buying a V6 Contour.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: contour engine swap - 03/29/04 06:45 PM
Please use the search feature as this has been discussed many times. It's more or less a waste of money unless you are into throwing it away and in that case, I'll gladly take some.

Rick
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: contour engine swap - 03/29/04 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hetfield:
Total cost would probably be more than going out and buying a V6 Contour.

Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Please use the search feature as this has been discussed many times. It's more or less a waste of money unless you are into throwing it away and in that case, I'll gladly take some.

Seems it's that time of year again as posts like these are getting rampant.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: contour engine swap - 03/30/04 03:04 AM
the ONLY time it would be reasonable to do is if you get a rear-totalled v6 contour for dirt cheap, that way you got entire parts car, you will need practiacally the whole front of it!
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: contour engine swap - 03/30/04 05:31 AM
best thing to do is work with what you got. go turbo. does anyone know if a turbo zetec woudl have less front end weight than a duratec? i always wondered that.
Posted By: 96_Concept_GL Re: contour engine swap - 03/30/04 02:26 PM
Oh ye of little faith.

I keep telling you I'll do it. It shall be done.

And on the 7th day I shall rest.
Posted By: 96_Concept_GL Re: contour engine swap - 03/30/04 02:27 PM
Russell, I know where we're getting my donor. And I also have a good idea of where the motor is coming from.
© CEG Archives