Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: manute biggest engine - 07/14/03 04:25 AM
just curriosoty...but i was wondering what the biggest engine you could fit in a contour without having to like cut away at the firewall or anything...and maybe even the biggest engine that could fit with cutting the firewall...and could it be possible to put a skyline twin turbo in the contour without cutting much away?
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 04:47 AM
::hands manute a flame suit::
Posted By: onosway Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 04:48 AM

Buddy, not even the SEARCH button can help you...

But tell me how much you want to spend and I'll make it happen.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 04:49 AM
no a skyline motor will not fit without major modification. its awd for christs sake! if a 3.0L duratec and turbo isnt enough power, i dont know what is?
Posted By: Bullet Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 05:22 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
3.0L duratec and turbo

Posted By: Russell-3L Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 05:49 AM
i was bored today so i tried fitting the 5.8L engine from my dads F150 in the tour, it was a tight fit, and it really hooked up good with the 4WD, but the truck was a little underpowered with the 2.5L so i swapped them back.

stay tuned next week when we stuff in the supra engine with twin turbos!

heres a pic of the tour with the engine and suspension off of the F150:

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 05:56 AM
being slightly redneck, i only wish my svt looked like that. . . . . hahahahahahahahahaha
Posted By: IonNinja Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 06:25 AM
my svt has a skyline R34 GT-R engine swap pushing 450HP to all 4 wheels...all I had to do was port the AC holes and relocate the battery to the trunk...I cut a little piece of the fender off but that was just for weight reduction. I also replaced my coolant with blue carbon fiber made coolant. Dropped my 1/4 mile time .243 seconds, every little second counts you know.

Anyway, I love my ride...it also feels good holding the record of most powerful SVT today ... 12.1@135mph

here she is
Posted By: lsneo Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 02:55 PM
dang jerry that color hurts my eyes.
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 07:04 PM
That isn't really your contour is it? If it is, I give mad props for the look and obvously the work that has been done - JOE
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 09:17 PM
no, its a photoshop of phatspatts car.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 09:34 PM
no its not a honkeytonk photoshop

its my 12 second Contour SVT GT-R
Posted By: manute Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 10:48 PM
if that is your car then wow...i want it!!!!! but my friend has a 93 probe gt and is going to get off ebay a twin turbo skyline engine but just a rear wheel drive one...and for shits and giggles i was just wondering if something like that could!! even fit in the tour...o and how much would a 2.0L swap for the duratec turbo cost me(this may someday happen)?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: biggest engine - 07/14/03 10:52 PM
seriously...no bro...don't tell him to get the RWD one. FWD Skylines kick way more ass...RWD Skylines are running like mid 15s now adays...

If he was serious about it...he put the engine where his trunk used to be...and just make the front his trunk. u get more power that way, theres way more cooler air in the back of the car.

just somethin to think about.
Posted By: manute Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 04:53 AM
o i didnt tell him thats just what he wants....plus the reason hes doin it that way is cuz he wont need to do much labor...it will practicly just fall into place
Posted By: IonNinja Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 05:08 AM
oh yeah, that is pretty true...most skyline engines just fall right into Fords. We do have more engine space than any other car...

thats cool then, he should be running high 16s when hes done.
Posted By: tastethefury Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
oh yeah, that is pretty true...most skyline engines just fall right into Fords. We do have more engine space than any other car...

thats cool then, he should be running high 16s when hes done.

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 02:18 PM
Originally posted by manute:
if that is your car then wow...i want it!!!!! but my friend has a 93 probe gt and is going to get off ebay a twin turbo skyline engine but just a rear wheel drive one...and for shits and giggles i was just wondering if something like that could!! even fit in the tour...o and how much would a 2.0L swap for the duratec turbo cost me(this may someday happen)?

You'd be much better off w/ the skyline swap...the duratech turbo is only offered in the "turbo diesel" currently. Which is where you get into big bucks w/ fuel system, wiring, etc., etc....although you would probably save a few bucks in fuel costs, they are rather efficient. Also propane systems are quite popular w/ the diesel crowd right now(like nitrous for gasoline powered)...I was seriously considering a rotary twin turbo setup myself, but a skyline WOW! that would be

BTW, since we are talking engines...does anyone know if the UIM from the CSVT will bolt right on my zetec or is there any drilling I have to do...It's a VCT zetec(thought that would make the difference)thx:)
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 03:52 PM
This is scary! I have thought about swapping something crazy (Skyline engine)into the Contour since I can get engines for pretty cheap.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 05:14 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2:
This is scary! I have thought about swapping something crazy (Skyline engine)into the Contour since I can get engines for pretty cheap.

EDIT: Sorry LoCoZ2, this was not directed twards you.

Lets see, Skyline engine: In line 6 motor (too long for our engine bay let a lone a probes engine bay)

Need to do a RWD conversion, ontop of that, its a diffrent size axel and transmission. You might need to have custome control arms made, different suspension set up to handel the new drive line, customize the Subframe ti fis the transmission extent the front end or the fire wall, to fit the motor......any one else think of anything....i think im up to what, 20,000 in modifications and labor! Oh by the way, I happen to have meet The guys at Motor X (my friend Elliot is good friends with them) Any of them will tell you that "this is and will always be, a dream of the metaly challanged."

Think Logicly here any maybe you wouldn't be getting flamed.

Roz
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 05:29 PM
OMG this topic was the biggest waste of my life.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 06:07 PM
W/O converting my FWD to RWD will the UIM fit my VCT??? IIRC the UIM is from a FWD CSVT which is the same car as the SE W/O the body kit which adds 150 WHP right?(the GB kit adds 160 WHP)? The LIM also? Would I need the IMRC & the EEC(PCM) in order to use it? IMHO I wouldn't need the DMD 'cause I have the VCT 2.0 ATX W/ ABS & two doors from a GL. TIA & please don't tell me STFU...

BTW, will a MOMO automatic shifter knob help my ATX perform comparably w/ a MTX W/O any further mods? THX you guys are swell
Posted By: LoudnQuik Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 06:13 PM
lol o lol o lol

Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 06:22 PM
i know feel dumber for wasteing my time reading all of these. oh well.. i neeeded a laugh
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: biggest engine - 07/15/03 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Midnight:
i know feel dumber for wasteing my time reading all of these. oh well.. i neeeded a laugh

...lol....it shows....shouldn't that be "now"...lol
© CEG Archives