good idea though
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 05:42 AM
you baking potatoes in your engine bay??? puuuuuhhhhlease... that is fugly,
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 06:01 AM
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
you baking potatoes in your engine bay??? puuuuuhhhhlease... that is fugly,

LOL!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 08:58 AM
Is that all you can do, is make fun of someone who OBVIOUSLY spent a lot of time working on this? How come people can be "semi-respectful" to that POS blue tour with air bags, cause he "worked" hard, but not to an everyday CEG'r?

I think the how-to is VERY well written, and comical, in places. I like that you included things to look out for, and possible pitfalls.. I would try to find a way to clean up the overall look (too bright.. reflective, textured.. compared to the nice, dull, smooth UIM)

Other than that, I like, and it seems that your theory would prove fruitful..

Good job..

Ray
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 10:03 AM
Hey, if it works, then its cool. I have seen much worse than that. Nice work
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 01:03 PM
I didnt know they made a 03 contour
Posted By: MarkusSVT Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 02:55 PM
my point is.... if he took that much time making it... he could have spent a little more time making it fit into his car better....It sticks out like ross although i do commend the guy for liking his mod, i would never put something like that in my car.... By the way, you have any stalling issues???? I know people withe homade ram air who tend to get too mush air, and stall...
Posted By: stepmar2 Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 04:57 PM
Let's see you do better big dog! You can't! The only other thing that I could have done was paint the duct and hoses, but I am not all that superficial anyways. Oh, and it fits just fine! No stalling at all, but if you pull up beside me.....well your car may look as though it has just stalled.
To any and everyone else who is appreciative to my input... Thanks!
For all the others, let's see yours..... and...watch out because I WILL run you over!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 05:04 PM
I don't know how it works but it does look hideous.

And what about the 2003 Contour? And the 46 pop up ads on your site? And you now smoke SVTs?

Anyway, good luck. Looks interesting.
Posted By: Pascal_dup1 Re: Yeh, Yeh - 02/01/03 10:27 PM
You do know that "UIM" refers to Upper Intake Manifold, right? Nothing to do with the dryer-duct intake contraption you're running.

Hopefully it's real effective.

So your car walks all over other Contours now, huh? Raced any bone stock SVT's lately? What's your 1/4 mile numbers?
© CEG Archives