Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
center vent for, it is probably the most useless compartment I have ever seen, change flys out and nothing else fits in there, is there something cool to put ther?
I use mine for change and it only flys out if I have too much or too little in ther eotherwise it stays in fine.
I use mine for change, too. I noticed that when I have about $4 in there it starts to fly out.
I put my toll money there.
I do the same, use change. As long as you don't have a ton it wont fall out, however the change tends to rattle with the bass
i never noticed that until now. i even went out to see if i had one in my car and i do. doesn't look deep enough though. i keep my change in that little "smokers cup" they put in it b/c i don't smoke.
i use mine to carry beer money...i mean change...and/or eclipse flash strips
I just don't use it... my bobblehead dog guy is in the center console with the e-brake..
I keep a pen and tire gauge in mine.

I don't keep any loose change in my car.
yeah I don't get the point of it...its just there

I keep my change in that little place under my cd player
i throw cds, packs of gum, sometimes small tools in the compartment below the cd player. the little one i use for change. i ahte when i sometimes get wheelhop and the change flys in the back seat...
Yeah, i try to keep a low amount of change in that little good for nothing space. It all ends up in my back seat after a few good launches
its best for change but my cell phone actualy fits in there. but will fly out during hard acceleration. and what console under the cd player you mean the little gap. the phone fit good in the botton gap but i wouldnt hear it go off over the music so i have a velcro on my phone and put the velcrow a bit under the change holder on top. and the phone doesnt drop at all since its pretty light.
I can't fit all the change I have in that little holder. Though it's a perfect holder for my Sony CD player remote.
I'm gonna put a shift light in mine.
eventually i'm gonna put a small tachometer in mine, i like the way other people's look that have done it.
condoms.... i must be the only one....
Air/Fuel gauge
Eject button
Tachometer where the change holder used to be.

And minidisc rack in the space below the radio.
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:

Actually, no..

Ray
Originally posted by mikey:
I'm gonna put a shift light in mine.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Just haven't decided how to mount it so that I can still change the pill.

Eric
I used to put change in there but it was too awkward to grab what I wanted out of there so now it's in the passenger side coffee cup holder. The "change holder" is now vacant.
I put my quarters for the car wash in there and have no problems. I've seen people put a gauge of choice in there too, but your putting something round in a sqare hole
Quarters for a car wash, boy those were the days.

I use mine for change. Up here we have a 1 & 2 dollar coin which are quite heavy, so flying out of pocket is not a problem.
The up-level Mondeo has a trip computer or an auto climate control module in that spot. Ford never saw fit to offer it in the US spec version, but kept the same dash configuration and had to fill the hole.

Euro spec is probably how we got the six-pack, err - garbage bag/purse holder adjacent to the glove box release handle

AL
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Eject button

now you're just being crazy, everyone knows you don't put your eject button where the passengers can see it.
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
I put my quarters for the car wash in there and have no problems. I've seen people put a gauge of choice in there too, but your putting something round in a sqare hole

Lol! I thought we were talking about the one under the radio. I don't use the one under the E-Brake handle or under the arm rest either.

If any of the compartments sealed I might use them. I don't like my car to look dirty.

http://www.pbase.com/image/6694996

I use mine for change. now that i think about it, im going to see if my remote bass control for my amp will fit in there. right now its just chillin in the glove box. sh1tty spot for it...
is there anyway to that in there?, that would be pretty cool.
My garage door opener from Sears is supposed to be put on your key ring, but with a little 3M double-stick tape it fits just fine in that holder.
I keep my toll money in the coin holder I mounted inside the little storage bin under the light switch.
i was just lookin at that little space

what the hell is the point of putting a little tach in there...its gonna be so small you'll have a hard time seeing it
Keys to my shop as I always need a set while driving the tour, ya never know when I need to make a visit
Key to my locking gas cap. Can't trust the students at the high school where I teach . . .
Loose change of the non-penny variety. Sometimes I forget to remove it when I go to the drag strip, and then end up with change everywhere on launch.
i was always wondering what that little hook on the glove box is for, its like the one usually in back seats for dry cleaning/clothes, but it really has no use!
the hook is for garbage bag, or hanging other stuff,, maybe hanging a troll or something.
Originally posted by Chaser231:

Uhhhh what?
I was thinking of trying to dremel it to mount my indiglo controls in...
Originally posted by DanKBud:

Uhhhh what?

the st200 temp gauge, or whatever it is, can it be installed in that space?
Change....until I get my I- Pass (tollway) and a another gauge to mount in there.
My extra jock!!!
i gotta put my lighter somewhere as i gut the dutchy

the hook is the one that's completely useless - and dangerous. try driving with something hung there. no way to check ur blindspot.

thomas
95 lx v6
Originally posted by tflork:

the hook is the one that's completely useless - and dangerous. try driving with something hung there. no way to check ur blindspot.

thomas
95 lx v6

I think they were talking about the hook on some glove boxes. I hope it is not blocking your view.
i like to put m&m s in mine

found that out on the way to the beach. my friend hung his shirt up there and i almost ran some guy off the road. felt bad and all but then i spend up and got in front of him anyways. we took the shirt down.
Seems to me that the one in our 97 tour is deeper than the one in the 2000 tour. My wife keeps change in hers and never has a problem until it gets above the edge. Mine on the other hand is useless, so it holds the koosh ball.
I stuff mine with broccoli. Makes for a fragrant bouquet.
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:
I stuff mine with broccoli. Makes for a fragrant bouquet.

Absolutely nothing. Those who have been in my car know that I keep NOTHING in it...neat freak.
ohhhh one of those people

my friend got mad cuz i stuck my 44oz drink on his roof...he thought it was gonna scratch the paint or somethin
I wouldn't get mad...i'd break it in half and try to stab you with it!
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

You know... That was actually my first thought as well...

thomas
95 lx v6

hung where? what the heck are you talking about? my blindspot is no where near the glovebox.
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:

You know... That was actually my first thought as well...

Mine too.. may not leave a NOTICEABLE scratch.. but it adds up.. same as "Wash Me" in the dirt... ARGGH! (My car isn't dirty enough to write that, but that still pisses me off!!)

Ray
I'm assuming he's talking about the hook above the rear side windows.

I never put anything in that compartment. Anytime you made any abrupt movements, whether it be acceleration, braking, or steering, the [censored] all flew out. I occasionally would use it as temporary storage for a small amount of change that I knew I'd need (i.e., 80 cents because I need 40 there and 40 back).
I used to put change in mine but now I use it for nothing. Its really pertty useless.
anything that sits in there rattles, and things that rattle piss me off!!!!!!!!
Me likes, how do you mount it? Cut hole in other side and glue where it protrudes through?
Scott i put the Gauge into the cup holder and made a mark, I then drilled out 2 holes big enough to where i can slip the gauge in and the 2 screws would go threw the holes. I then took the nuts that came with it and tighted it down. Hope this helps
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:

lol, i have the same in mine, but figured i would be ridiculed (Sp?) for saying it
Wow thats suprisingly easy, thanks a lot.

If you don't have blind-spot mirrors, that is...
what about someone custom molding a deep cup for it. all that's holding it on is 4 points where it's been melted together. If someone could mold a pocket that was deep enough for a cell phone or a pack of cigs that would be sweet as hell, not to mention I'd be the first to buy one. In other words, someone us with this!!
old chewing gum..........when it's full, I'm selling the car.
Change......savings for S/C or 3L
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

thomas
95 lx v6

hung where? what the heck are you talking about? my blindspot is no where near the glovebox.

HUH? blindspot in the glovebox??? how short are you??
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Where do you put your change ?

BTW, awesome car.. I see it's an automatty' like mine. The color scheme is awesome, I really like the white gauges and environment controls. But my all time faovrite is that coca-cola mod you have in front of the CD player

I put my change in the little change tray, my cell phone in the space under the emergency brake, a tire gauge, the key for my hub cap, and some condoms in the little compartment below my steering wheel (because we all know how fun it is to bump uglies in the spacious backseat of a Mystour).

I just found out about that little compartment below the steering wheel about a month ago (and I've had the car for almost two years!) when it came flying open one day while I was 'bean racing (you don't even want to know what the last owner neglected to take out of there that came hurtling out mid-flight).

As for the little compartment below my CD player, I keep a brick there incase I see a FWD Contique pass by with a huge fueler wing on the back.

(Actually, since I carry two cellphones, I keep the bulkier one -- a Nextel two-way i1000 -- wedged in between; it's no fun to get crouch shot with that in a hard brake!).
Quote:

the little compartment below my steering wheel

What compartment below the steering wheel??

- Kerry
i put change in there to small for anything else and an air freshner on the hook next to the glove box
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Quote:

the little compartment below my steering wheel

- Kerry

Ditto...

- Kerry

Mystiques come with a compartment right below the headlight/mirror switches. Pretty handy and spacious. I keep ferry tickets and other common things in there. Makes for a good place that isn't far (hah!) like the glove box, but also not openly visible.
Originally posted by Stevers:

- Kerry

Mystiques come with a compartment right below the headlight/mirror switches. Pretty handy and spacious. I keep ferry tickets and other common things in there. Makes for a good place that isn't far (hah!) like the glove box, but also not openly visible.

Aye, but I didn't realize that the Contours were driver-side compartmentless. As far as the scoreboard goes, the Contours rack up a point for having the SVT model, and the Mystique's rack up a point for having extra space to store mildly useful things within the car.

Why Mercury never made an SVT.. well.. attribute it to Ford bureaucracy.
Lets see... me with my mystique. I have a koosh ball hanging from the hook on the glove box. Good uniforms when I need them (once in a blue moon) on the hook in the back passenger side of the car. I have a cell phone that fits perfectly in the change holder by the air vents. My wallet goes under the CD player. Chapstick when I need it under the E-Brake. And condoms... extra keys, fuse grabbers, fuses.. and No-Doz in the driver side glove box under the light switch and power mirror adjust. I love my car. So useful...
Tim Thanks for the compliments
Originally posted by Obsidian:
I have a cell phone that fits perfectly in the change holder by the air vents.

what kind of cell phone is it, I have never seen one that small it has to be no bigger than a half dollar!
Originally posted by MP3tour:
Originally posted by Obsidian:
I have a cell phone that fits perfectly in the change holder by the air vents.

what kind of cell phone is it, I have never seen one that small it has to be no bigger than a half dollar!

I got a sprint phone... blue flip top. The bottom half fits in there and it holds good. Naw I'm just kidding. I got one of those phones that zoolander has. lmfao
What the hell IS that little hook on the govebox for? When I bought my tour last year, the guy joked that it was "a holder for my purse."
Oh, and for the little space, I put all my change in there. Sadly, everytime I go get my car washed this winter, it's looted for quarters...
I keep change in the little cup next to the center vents , and even MORE change in the pseudo-ash tray that fits into the cup holders . IIRC , the little cup on the dash IS deeper on the Gen.1 cars , I remember being able to hold more change in my '95 . The little flip-down clip on the glove box is really great for hanging an air freshener , but my SVT doesn't have one , so no air freshener for me !
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
The little flip-down clip on the glove box is really great for hanging an air freshener , but my SVT doesn't have one , so no air freshener for me !

Mine Does
sometimes i put my dwarf hamster in there. He chills there.
center vent for, it is probably the most useless compartment I have ever seen, change flys out and nothing else fits in there, is there something cool to put ther?

that's where i put my homey. unless he talks back, then i back hand him and throw him in the glove box.
Cell phone mount:
http://community.webshots.com/image1/4/79/87/32847987waPJvV_ph.jpg
the pic was taken at a car show, the rediculous Venom decal was temporary.

Mark
thats cool- whered you get that? I want one now...
I can't view the picture on webshots because of work, but my cell phone mount is to the right of the stereo/hvac. Fits perfectly. Just installed my new car kit last wednesday. Pictures can be taken if anywone wants to see.
Zippo

edited to add:

Sometimes two of them.
i use it for change and a cell phone, (i have the new little motorola)
haha condoms...i like that lol
i didnt need to know that
same here what are u talking about?
where did u get the gauge pod?
post whore.
i put my volume controler for my amp in there
dvd player in the slot under the radio opening and a screen in the place of the cd player custom cruisin
thats where i work full custom shop the silver sable is my car in the air brushing page wife totaled it 2 weeks ago working on my 97 contour sport now pics coming soon
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
the hook is for garbage bag, or hanging other stuff,, maybe hanging a troll or something.

thats what i use it for on the gl. i hate that the svt doesn't have it
© CEG Archives