Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: blyall_dup1 Electrical question... - 08/29/02 07:20 PM
what will make my 99 contour SE fast?

its a 2.0 zetec and automatic...

Will a diablo chip help? if not whats somthing for a few hundred bucks that will make my contour faster?

Please help

Thanx,

Ben
Posted By: LI-SVT Re: Electrical question... - 08/29/02 07:29 PM
Go with bolt ons first. Exhaust, intake, a chip helps with the automatic trans. Check out the Mods section of the main web site.
Posted By: Cappuccino911_dup1 Re: Electrical question... - 08/30/02 06:42 PM
not to be a prick but you may want to use the search feature or just sift through these forums. In a short amount of time you will find a lot of info. your question is too vague and you will find that a lot of people will just give you a list of 25 things you can do
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: Electrical question... - 08/30/02 10:49 PM
Park at the top of a hill. Gives you a big boost in acceleration.

Put 18" tires on rear, 14" on front. You will always be going downhill!! (Better mileage too)

Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: Electrical question... - 08/31/02 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Contouraholic:
Park at the top of a hill. Gives you a big boost in acceleration.
Ya! Ya! That works quite well. I have had my 0-60 in like five seconds before by doing this. It was very cool. I would hate to live on that hill in the winter though. Watch the snowplows go sliding by.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Electrical question... - 08/31/02 08:02 AM
Start with a cold air intake from www.ctamotorsports.com then work on your exaust. I have a used SVT exaust on my Zetec ATX and it gives you the little extra boost you're looking for. But I think the intake will make the most difference. A chip won't make you go too much faster but will help with shifting, so I would save that for last.
© CEG Archives