Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
seeing how im getting the svt rear put on, i feel i need some nicer looking tips instead of the 2.5 in. i would also like a lil more noise than what i have. i had some options in mind. A)cut off the mufflers and have the shop put on some tips or make some of their own then put in a resonator in the next month, or B)have the shop make their own tips fit on the svt mufflers and gut the pre-cats.

how would option A compare to say a borla setup. i am very low on funds. i need to keep this under about 75 bucks. any help or advice is appreciated.

also, if i missed something while searching, im sorry. when you search for so long the words all look the same. must get sleep now.
you could cut off the resonator and mufflers and put a couple of dynomax bullet mufflers but i dont know if they make 2.25 mufflers they might look into it but its about $70 for both mufflers from summit
If you gut the pre-cats it's going to be a bit louder and "meaner" sounding. You'll probably want something in the resonator spot + maybe mufflers too. (depending on how much noise you want.) Someone recently posted an audio/video clip of their exhaust (? edelbrock ?) while taking off at different speeds which was pretty informative.
For $75 you're best losing the stock res and putting on a Magnaflow res instead. Then when you get moremoney you can change the rear mufflers.
Trying to do more than I suggested for under $75, IMHO, will get you a ghetto sounding/looking exhaust.
© CEG Archives