Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Quick question about Superchip - 11/08/01 07:44 PM
Well my question is will a chip from a Zetec work on my car. Yes i know i have to have it Reprogramed But how much does it cost to have it Reburnt. I hear some people say $40 and some say a lot more. Anybody with a Non-svt have any dyno numbers. I want to see how much i will gain.The main reason im getting it becuse my car ran real lean on the dyno and im hopeing that getting the chip will help that out. Thanks
Posted By: Andy W. Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/08/01 09:33 PM
Call SuperChips! They coudl tell you!

CALL 800-898-CHIP

From what I see at www.superchips.com they are all the same for the tour jsut different program.
http://www.superchips.com/fordcars.htm

-Andy
Posted By: redhawk Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/08/01 10:56 PM
Diablo....
Posted By: LoCo Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/09/01 10:51 AM
Well Kevin you should of asked. I checked and it is the same part, different code (obviously). I know of one place here in Chicago that deals with Superchips (reprogramming). I can find out if you want. But if you go on Superchips website you can find out the price for a reflash. I believe it is over $100. eek Look around you might be able to find it cheaper. Winter is coming you have some time. :rolleyes: If you have more Q's give me a call.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/09/01 03:57 PM
Hey hector that would be great if you can call and ask them for me. I tryed calling superchip and no one answerd . I posted this thinking someone might be able to help but guess what no one wants to. Except for andy and you :rolleyes:
Posted By: TheGSRGuy Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/10/01 03:41 AM
Hector -- there is a place around here that carries Superchips!? I want to go there!
Posted By: LoCo Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/10/01 10:04 AM
When I called them they gave me one number for the Chicago area. I called (I'll have to find the #)and they said that they sold them not reflash(not sure). Best bet is call 800-898-2447 ext2001. This will give you the nearest dealer according to area code. I just dialed form work and it gave me a different number then the 1st time. The 1st number was a 773 area code. If you want here is the number I got:630-832-3773. Need more help give me a call. I won't be loggin on until work Monday night. I need internet at my house.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/10/01 02:38 PM
Thats alright man after searching for over a Freaking hour i found out the price. I emailed Warren and he said 45buck to reprogram and 6.50 S&h. so its all good. I want to thank everyone for helping me when i needed it as well :rolleyes: mad
Posted By: mklaro Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/10/01 07:01 PM
Question... i dont know much about these things, but once you buy one and then start doing mods do you have to have it re-programmed to utilize your new mods to there fullest extent ?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: Quick question about Superchip - 11/10/01 10:54 PM
Yeah its a good idea to have it reprogramed in order to get the best outta the mod. This is why im waiting on it. Im going to get the Y-pipe then the chip and have it programed to my mods.
© CEG Archives