Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RandyCSVT new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/18/06 06:36 AM
I just bought new bosch icon wiper blades. It cost $40 for a pair! Anybody ever use these? They look cool, and they have integrated spoilers. Maybe my wipers will stay put when driving fast on the highway. Just curious if anybody else has tried these. They better last a long while if they cost this much.
Posted By: SVTJON87 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/18/06 08:38 AM
i have just the regular ones for about 20 a pair and love them. they do last longer (IMO) and work well. i always use rainX with any wipers. its always 200% better for me that way
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/18/06 01:22 PM
I have had them on since December. So far have had no issues with them. I think they look sleeker and work better.
Better as in they have a more even pressure distribution due to the internal spine.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/20/06 12:12 AM
I use the $8/pair wipers and never have any issues...
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/20/06 03:11 PM
I have the PIAA wipers and its been almost a year and a half now and they are absoloutly amazing, they keep getting better and better. They have the spoiler on them as well which is why I purchased them in the first place cause I was having problems after 50mph. I love 'em

Bosch is copying Valeo's
Posted By: m4gician Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/21/06 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:

amen brother...:D
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/21/06 06:32 PM
I drove 85 mph through the rain yesterday, and these wipers were great. Are the valeo's or piaa's any cheaper. I don't care for the brand. As long as they work well and have a spoiler I will be fine.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/27/06 08:24 AM
I just replaced mine with the Bosch Microedge which cost a little less than $20 for the pair. So far they are performing quite nicely, and I have no complaints at all. I just couldn't justify paying double that price for the Icons.
Posted By: OneSlowSVT99 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/28/06 05:04 PM
you will not see me spending $40 on a pair of wiper blades..the 15 dollar ones work fine
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/28/06 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Rishodi:
I just replaced mine with the Bosch Microedge which cost a little less than $20 for the pair. So far they are performing quite nicely, and I have no complaints at all. I just couldn't justify paying double that price for the Icons.

Same here. No way I'd pay that much for blades. Hope they last forever!
Posted By: fazzman2000_dup1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/28/06 10:11 PM
I have used them all... The icons blow them all out of the water. Nice clean whipe, no noise, and NO skipping around. Worth the money to me, its rains in orlando pretty much everyday in the summer so i use them alot.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/29/06 01:53 AM
I've currently got some cheap German brand on my car. They've got a spoiler and a little yellow spot that eventually turns black, which reminds you to change your wipers.

They work perfect in conjunction with rainx wipes. No skipping/streaking/noise/etc.

I need new wipers for my Sentra... whatever is on them is crap! They skip like hell at 85MPH and streak in light rain.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/29/06 02:49 AM
Originally posted by fazzman2000:
I have used them all... The icons blow them all out of the water. Nice clean whipe, no noise, and NO skipping around. Worth the money to me, its rains in orlando pretty much everyday in the summer so i use them alot.

Well, that makes sense. If I lived in Florida, I'd probably go for the absolute top-of-the-line too. Crazy weather down there!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/29/06 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
They've got a little yellow spot that eventually turns black, which reminds you to change your wipers.

Ford Motorcraft has the dot as well.
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/29/06 06:50 PM
How can you justify $40 wipers? It can't be that these last significantly longer than any joe blow brand. I guess if you have the excess cash flow than it's justified. I think I'll stick with the $3 Meijer crap.
Posted By: SVTC1136 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 08/29/06 10:24 PM
I should be getting mine any day now. Hope they work well.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/02/06 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
How can you justify $40 wipers? It can't be that these last significantly longer than any joe blow brand. I guess if you have the excess cash flow than it's justified. I think I'll stick with the $3 Meijer crap.

i have a car n ride brand and they lasted pver a yr. infact i replaced one of them with a value craft brand.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/02/06 03:44 PM

got them before they came out as demos, $40 for wipers is expensive unless you need to use them a lot.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/02/06 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I have the PIAA wipers and its been almost a year and a half now and they are absoloutly amazing, they keep getting better and better. They have the spoiler on them as well which is why I purchased them in the first place cause I was having problems after 50mph. I love 'em

Bosch is copying Valeo's

I've got the PIAA's also. Mine are about 2 1/2 years old and still going strong. No streaking or squealing.
Posted By: TGO Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/03/06 02:29 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I just bought new bosch icon wiper blades. It cost $40 for a pair! Anybody ever use these? They look cool, and they have integrated spoilers. Maybe my wipers will stay put when driving fast on the highway. Just curious if anybody else has tried these. They better last a long while if they cost this much.

i just bought these as well...they are the ones that are completely rubber right? i like how they conform perfectly to the windshield....no noise, perfect wipe - and they even have these nifty covers that hide the rusted hooks where you clip them on.

overall, i am very satisfied. Considering i have only replaced my wipers a couple of times since i've owned the car (5 years) i'm not worried about the price. We'll see how they hold up, but as of right now i am very satisfied.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/03/06 03:13 AM
At least two of the rental cars I've had recently have this style of wiper blade. The two that I noticed them on were a Pontiac G6 and a Chevrolet Impala. They look wierd, but they seem to work very well.
Posted By: CSVT.UA.SHO Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/04/06 07:08 PM
rain-x.....the faster you drive, the clearer the windsheild. been working for me for about 3 years!
(and to stay on subject)
I just have generic blades.....if it is raining hard enough for me too use my wipers, i shouldn't be going 60+mph
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/04/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by CSVT.UA.SHO:
rain-x.....the faster you drive, the clearer the windsheild. been working for me for about 3 years!
(and to stay on subject)
I just have generic blades.....if it is raining hard enough for me too use my wipers, i shouldn't be going 60+mph

what do you use? What works the best...the wipes or the liquid you add to the washer reservoir?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/05/06 03:27 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:

i have a car n ride brand and they lasted pver a yr. infact i replaced one of them with a value craft brand.

I just put these ICONs on my mum's Chevy Suburban and they rock!

If you can pop for these I would highly rec them!!
Posted By: jtour Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/05/06 04:20 PM
Originally posted by m4gician:
Originally posted by Matt R:

amen brother...:D

Exactly...I buy the cheap blades and I use rain X. I can't imagine paying $40 bucks for wiper blades. Im here in Chicago so in the winter they all get %@#$ up with the ice and stuff so I stick to the cheap blades.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/05/06 06:07 PM
Funny story, although secured to the extent of the wiper blades, doing 40 the other day, my drivers side wiper flew off for no reason! Crazy to see happen, and I'm still not sure how it did, but now I need a new drivers side wiper, maybe I'll get something expensive and hope it goes well haha.
Posted By: CSVT.UA.SHO Re: new bosch icon wiper blabes - 09/05/06 07:21 PM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Originally posted by CSVT.UA.SHO:
(and to stay on subject)

what do you use? What works the best...the wipes or the liquid you add to the washer reservoir?

I use the bottle of rain-X and wipe it on. I have never used any of the spray products or wipes.
(their car wash......its superb!!!)
© CEG Archives