Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: posthuman63t 12v source w/ key on - 08/08/06 09:10 PM
I tried searching but didn't find anything helpful. I'm looking for a 12v source when I have the car on. I read that most of the wires going into the fusebox (in cab) are only pushing power when the car is on, but I don't know which wire would be safe to tape. It is for an autometer gauge, not for back lighting, but for power. If anyone can tell me exactly wheres easiest I'd appreciate it.

I did see a pic in an older post saying a wire that was the ignition wire, but when I removed my panel, I couldn't find the wre they were pointing out. I mean, there are many solid green wires in that area and I couldn't tell which it was.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/08/06 10:06 PM
Green ignition wire under the dash!

Its in the ignition loom!

its a thick wire like a 14gauge!
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/08/06 10:12 PM
I see like an arse load of green wires...Should I just assume the largest of them all?

I'm pondering picking up a haynes manual just so I can see the damn electrical. Those things make it so a monkey can understand. Too much clicking and searching in the ford manual to find a diagram...
Posted By: Swazo Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/08/06 11:12 PM
Pull the colomn cover off and it's the green wire right off of the ignition switch.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/08/06 11:49 PM
got it...thanks...
Posted By: KerryKool Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/09/06 03:39 AM
...and if you snip the green wire and touch it w/ the bare red wire... uhh you did not hear that from me.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 12v source w/ key on - 08/09/06 03:54 AM
Originally posted by KerryKool:
...and if you snip the green wire and touch it w/ the bare red wire... uhh you did not hear that from me.

haha...then you also have to bypass the alarm and pats and you can steal my car...
© CEG Archives