Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Scottster Focus steering wheel - 07/24/06 02:46 PM
Will a Focus steering wheel bolt up to our steering hub?
How about airbag compatabiltiy/cruise control complications?
Mine is a little worn, and I was considering up-dating.

What do you guys think?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/24/06 03:50 PM
I think it's ugly.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/24/06 04:33 PM
Try wheelskins
Posted By: morbid Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/24/06 05:31 PM
If you want to be the first to try, then go ahead. It's *supposed* to be able to bolt up, but the electronics are not compatible, and you'd have to make a harness adaptor.

The focus SVT wheel looks like the ST220 wheel... both of which are not ugly. The factory contour wheels are ugly :P
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/24/06 05:34 PM
I wanna put a Grand Marquis wheel on my car
Posted By: Tourige Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/25/06 04:25 AM
Originally posted by morbid:
If you want to be the first to try, then go ahead. It's *supposed* to be able to bolt up, but the electronics are not compatible, and you'd have to make a harness adaptor.

The focus SVT wheel looks like the ST220 wheel... both of which are not ugly. The factory contour wheels are ugly :P

i think the contour steering wheel is the most comforatble steering wheel in any car.
Posted By: Scottster Re: Focus steering wheel - 07/25/06 05:46 PM
hmmmmm, yeah I agree that the wheel is comfy, beingnice and thick and all, but so is the rim on a focus wheel. If I jst have to wire it properly, and there will be no other glitches, that is fine too.

My verdict is still out on whether it simply looks better or not. I'm not really crazy about the bland stock steering wheel either though. What I have noticed is that the pre-98 leather wheels have the leather wrap right up onto the spokes. They added that cut-line on the later steering wheels.
© CEG Archives