Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hotdimmes 98+ rear emblem removal - 07/11/06 06:12 AM
Did the dirty today, broke off my chrome strip for repainting and popped the rear emblem. Basically destroyed the emblem but it is stayed in one piece and I was planning on putting an overlay on it anyway.

used this as a guide: link

I had the hardest time taking it out. It's glued down with 3 spots pictured here:

I had to use several methods to loosen it. There are 4 access points behind the chrome piece. I tried pushing it out with two screw drivers as described in the link. Maybe I'm a girly man but I couldn't do it and ruined the middle of th emblem. I ended up using bolts I had lying around(from steeda install) to push on the emblem from behind with a vice grip. That may have loosened one or two spots. Finally I went in with small eyeglass repair type flat head screw drivers and pried the rest out from the front. It could be that I was sloppy but I can't imagine anyone doing this without messing up their emblem or messing up the edges around the emblem on their chrome strip. Hope this helps someone.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 98+ rear emblem removal - 07/11/06 07:14 PM
Good luck getting the strip on and it holding. You're going to need some high grade epoxy.
Posted By: svt1998_dup1 Re: 98+ rear emblem removal - 07/13/06 06:00 AM
for a glue, use amazing goop. can find it walmart and other stores. its really strong and great for such applications
© CEG Archives