Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 01:27 AM
I am looking to get something done to my car just to make it a little bit more interesting. I just want suggestions on this topic and the mods can be anything to my car preferably cheap.

What do you guys think?

Ps... Please dont tell me to search because I am just interested in just making some conversation. I didnt know if I should post this here or in Common Interests or in General so I apologize if I put it in the wrong place.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 01:34 AM
maybe if we knew what car you had..
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 01:39 AM
Sorry I forgot that one, haha.

1998 CSVT intake w/ heat shield, gutted cats, B&M, mesh grille

I may remove the orange reflector from my lights next, easy cheap mod.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 02:17 AM
Do it, I think it looks alot better.

Where at in IL. are you located?
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 02:23 AM
Schaumburg. I almost picked up BiggersSVT's 3L, but some guy has dibs before me and then a friend of mine put money down.

Believe me... his car was nice man. It was located in Schaumburg too, what a coincidence.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 02:41 AM
Only mod the car if your really willing to hold onto it for a while, if you want something FAST like, balls to the wall, buy a mustang or an STI or a Evo, the Contour is good for what it does, but it is in no means a FAST car, and it takes a good chunk of change to get it there.
Posted By: Reebs Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 03:04 AM
Put on sidemarkers on the fender instead of the "24 Valve High Output" badges.

-Reebs-
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 03:40 AM
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
Put on sidemarkers on the fender instead of the "24 Valve High Output" badges.

-Reebs-

Hmm FAQ??

And BTW I dont want somethign fast I think the contour is quick enough to take stupid cars on the street. Just going to do bolt ons but I wanted to know cool stupid mods like Reebs said.

Side markers sound nice, I'll do my researching...

Anything else?
Posted By: KerryKool Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:14 AM
Led mods, all of them. Window switches, lock switches, clock, guages, etc. I'm doing the interior set as soon as I get my leds. Its really cheap, just takes some time.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:42 AM
I am just looking for a cheap set of sidemarkers...

Which do you guys think will be / look the best?

A4

Jetta

Are they the same?

Would these work and would I just need to buy Audi bulbs??
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 12:26 PM
I used the A4 lights, you have to modify the hole in the fender to make them fit.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
you have to modify the hole in the fender to make them fit.

Or you could just modify the sidemarker and not touch the hole in the fender
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 02:34 PM

If you look at the back side of the lights, it is clear they will not fit in the penny sized hole the lights have a rectangular extrusion on the back that won�t allow it to be flush mounted with out making the hole in the fender larger.

I have installed these on my svt and had to modify the circle hole to fit the rectangular extrusion.
older A4 side marker
These I believe are the older style A4 lights that will fit in the hole is modification to the light itself and not the fender.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 02:46 PM
So you cut a rectangle in your fender?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 03:09 PM
Yes, look at the picture. Have you seen the hole behind the badge? Its a small circular hole that�s size of the circle where the light plugs into on the back of the A4 lights (in the above pic). If you want them flush mounted then you will need to either cut the light down, or make the hole in you fender fit the light.

If you cut the light down your doing to cut the backside of the light away and the light bulb will have nothing to reflect on.

Or just buy lights that will fit with out modification, but I liked the look or the clear A4 lights.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 03:48 PM
I used these...small but bright. I got clear w/ amber led's:

The hole size is 11/16", just under an inch & it took a wee bit of grinding from the die-grinder to open them up...not much at all.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:00 PM

A4

Jetta

Are there any differences between these at all?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ConcepTrs913:

A4

Jetta

Heres an idea, dont get either of those... Unless you want to cut a rectangle in your fender
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:13 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

A4

Jetta

Heres an idea, dont get either of those... Unless you want to cut a rectangle in your fender

Ah now I see where it is, I only noticed the circular part. Then which ones are the ones that will just fit right in using the circle only a little modding?

How about these... these look a little better

a4
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:18 PM
Try this

Here is the How to for the Audi side markers that fit without modifying your fender.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Try this

Winner!!!
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:19 PM
Thanks, I just found that post about 2 mintues ago while searching.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Whats wrong with making side markers fit on the car? It�s not like there�s a gaping hole in the fender.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 05:00 PM
How about these guys? Looks like they will go on with little modding, but how do you think they will look?

I am just going for something cheap.. what do you guys think?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 05:16 PM
The first ones look like they'll fit very nicely after dremeling that tab off. The second ones, Im having a hard time determining whether they'll fit or not. Just try em and see what happens... That way if they dont work, you wont have to worry because you went cheap
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 05:34 PM

Yes if you removed the tabs they might fit but it looks like to me that they have a taper that would prevent them from sitting flush with the fender just like the first Audi A4s you posted.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 05:39 PM
FAQ: Free / Cheap Mods is a very good place to start.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 08:50 PM
Originally posted by KerryKool:
Led mods, all of them. Window switches, lock switches, clock, guages, etc. I'm doing the interior set as soon as I get my leds. Its really cheap, just takes some time.

+1

Relatively easy, relatively cheap, and you can't argue with the results!

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 09:01 PM

Were did you find these? I'm looking to replace mine and these are fastened the same way mine are. They were already on the car when I got it so I want to try and stick with the same fastening method.
Posted By: ZomzSVT Re: Hmm...? Which mods? - 06/19/06 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
I used these...small but bright. I got clear w/ amber led's:

The hole size is 11/16", just under an inch & it took a wee bit of grinding from the die-grinder to open them up...not much at all.

What exactly is the model of that light, cause I like the discrete style of that... just enough to cover up the hole behind the badge while giving you a small turnsignal/sidemarker. I see the image is from customdynamics.com but not sure where on the site they are located. any help?

thanks
© CEG Archives