Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kenaida Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:08 AM
Has anyone actually used "Vortex Valve"? Does it really work? Supposedly you can get better gas mileage. Any inputs?

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:11 AM
Replacing your muffler bearings every 3k miles helps gas mileage much more than that.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:13 AM
its a complete waste of money. nothing but a restriction inside the intake.
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:15 AM
that in combination with the 20Hp chip will almost double the power! Don't forget the 5 Hp you gain for every sticker on the car!
Posted By: Kenaida Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:16 AM
LOL!
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:23 AM
Same thing as the Tornado- crap!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Same thing as the Tornado- crap!

Now don't attack me, I don't know the stats if used in the contour, but when used in a few pickups (a 98 S10 with the 4.3 and a 93 1500 with the 5.7) MPG gains were there, around 2-4 MPG if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, just trying to give the tornado a bit of credit, even though I wouldn't touch one for the retail price around $65
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Kenaida:
Has anyone actually used "Vortex Valve"? Does it really work? Supposedly you can get better gas mileage. Any inputs?

This is pure snake oil. It doesn't do anything but seperate you from your money.

On that note, snake oil products are really very good at what they are intended to do. What you must realize is that what they are intended to do is simply seperate you from your money. To do that, the claims must be compelling. Very compelling. Those perported imporvement don't exist, they have just convinced you that they do.

If something this simple did work, don't you think that all auto makers would be all over it? After all, they are under tremendous pressure to improve gas milage.

Spend your money on maintenance that might really help instead of this crap.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 11:33 AM
Any gains seen on ANY vehicle are from psychosomatic response and subconscience changes to reflect what you are expecting.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 12:49 PM
I watched the infomerical about the tornado on the Impala SS and it gained like 10 hp...I'm gonna buy me one!
Posted By: jtour Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 01:33 PM
Posted By: Mac Chicken Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
that in combination with the 20Hp chip will almost double the power! Don't forget the 5 Hp you gain for every sticker on the car!

But I thought the bigger stickers gave you 10 Hp, also if he adds a huge aluminum "wing" that should net another 12 or so

on the lighter note, I almost bought a tornado, till I found out it costs 75 bucks, screw that, I looked at it and then went home and cut up the bottom of a steel can and made a bunch of airfoils and just stuck it in the intake, fit good, didn't really hinder preformance, but didn't really help either. that was on a 96 ztec though. overall, don't buy it, it doesn't really matter with our intake anyway.
Posted By: Hdbngr8 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I watched the infomerical about the tornado on the Impala SS and it gained like 10 hp...I'm gonna buy me one!

If one gets 10 hp, then two should get 20 hp!
Posted By: morbid Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 05:07 PM
psst... don't tell anyone -- they don't want you to know this. You can put 1 in your exhaust for a 20hp gain. And when combined with 1 in your intake, you should get a combined increase of 40hp!

Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 06:46 PM
The whistles go WOOOOO...

Posted By: OB1 Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 06:46 PM
A mechanic friend of mine once said " if I buy all the crap that they say increases HP & Fuel economy my pinto would have 700 hp & I'd have to let some gas out every once in a while!"
Posted By: GrimmSVT Re: Anyone use.... - 03/07/06 10:24 PM
Originally posted by morbid:
psst... don't tell anyone -- they don't want you to know this. You can put 1 in your exhaust for a 20hp gain. And when combined with 1 in your intake, you should get a combined increase of 40hp!

LOL that sonds like the exhaust tip spinners I've seen around here
Posted By: Reebs Re: Anyone use.... - 03/08/06 03:38 AM
On ebay you can buy a Fake Blow Off Valve sound... suppossed to gain 25 percent hp! We all need to get one...
Posted By: morbid Re: Anyone use.... - 03/08/06 07:58 AM
I've been lucky enough not to see them in use.. but have seen the ads for them.
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: Anyone use.... - 03/08/06 01:26 PM
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
On ebay you can buy a Fake Blow Off Valve sound... suppossed to gain 25 percent hp! We all need to get one...

Reminds me of this guy

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genmods&Number=1082558&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

maybe we should bring him back and tell him about it!!
Posted By: jtour Re: Anyone use.... - 03/08/06 03:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

That link was great! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

© CEG Archives