Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 07:22 PM
Anyone have one? Photo? How did you do it? And most importantly, WHY?

Saw some ricer Honduh with one yesterday and it got me wondering...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 07:23 PM
Go ahead Mikey I'll let you handle this one!!!!
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 07:27 PM
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wiper2.htm

My M-B 190E has a single wiper, and it works well- but only because it has a special cam system to push it out to the corners, like shown on that page. It is a bit of a ricer thing, and I'm not a fan - it doesn't clear the windshield as well as a two wiper system.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 08:06 PM
I saw an older M-B S-series the other day, and I noticed it had the 1 wiper system from the pattern on the windsheild... until it came on.

It had one big wiper that swept the entire windsheild, but also had a 2nd smaller wiper that followed the big one...

I dunno if it helps more, but it looked really complicated.
Posted By: turbotrix Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 08:25 PM
easy to do .. pain in the freeking a$$ in hard rain tho .

any ways : take both wipers off , use the pass side wiper on the drivers side .

you will have to angle it up on say a 35degree angle so it will be in the way of the person in the pass side .

just keep playing with it on diff angles till you get the sweep you want .

simple but pointless unless your a ricer ..

hope this helps
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 09:02 PM
mono wiper =
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/19/06 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
mono wiper =

Yeah, I agree. I was more curious what people here might say...
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 12:52 AM
After all, some things that can be done just should not be done. This is one of them.
Posted By: dremers vision Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 01:39 AM
this is so 3 years ago why waste time doing this now???? to me it looks ok on some cars i just dont think it would look good on our cars.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 04:49 AM
I had it for a week once. It rocked. You just use one wiper on the passenger side part and put in halfway up so it get the driver side.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 06:28 AM
Originally posted by mean'tour:

Wow, what were you thinking "Hey, look at that rice Honduh, i think ill put rice on my car"

My advice: Sell the contour and buy a del sol
Posted By: rouar Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Wow, what were you thinking "Hey, look at that rice Honduh, i think ill put rice on my car"

Does it say anywhere in the original post that he was thinking of putting one on his car?

I saw one Mondy guy post here a long while ago about his monowiper. Instead of just attaching a superlong wiper to one, he redid the entire mechanism and had his directly in the center facing vertical. It worked like a real single arm wiper as shown in the link above; was pretty cool though I'd never do anything like that. He had pics but I'm too lazy to search. Actually maybe it was on the MEG forums, can't remember.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 07:07 PM
i assumed by the inquiry that he was thinking about it, and while calling the other car rice, he was considering rice. Just something ironic
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/20/06 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

My advice: Sell the contour and buy a del sol

No I was NOT considering it AT ALL! I was really just wondering if anyone here had done it to a 'Tour.

And if I was going to buy a Honduh, it would be a 1984 CRX, everyone knows thats where all the mad power is!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Mono wiper?! - 02/21/06 08:39 PM
And if I was going to buy a Honduh, it would be a 1984 CRX, everyone knows thats where all the mad power is!

Mad power yo! All 100HP

© CEG Archives