Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 98sport Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:44 AM
I'm just curious if anyone knows if hightower ever got the mondeo lock set to work in his contour. It would be nice to know that there is at least a chance of it working before I cough up the money for the kit
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:45 AM
Yes, he did.
Posted By: 98sport Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:51 AM
wow that was fast thankyou
Posted By: svt490 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 05:41 AM
can the mondeo keyless entry remote be programed to work on a contour?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 98sport:
I'm just curious if anyone knows if hightower ever got the mondeo lock set to work in his contour. It would be nice to know that there is at least a chance of it working before I cough up the money for the kit

What is so special about the Mondeo locks?
Posted By: svt490 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:

the mondeo has these goofy looking keys.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Mondeo-Remote-Key-Fob-key-blade-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ4603552284QQcategoryZ21654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 11:28 AM
That's pimp!

A cylinder eh?
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 12:33 PM
Originally posted by svt490:

the mondeo has these goofy looking keys.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Mondeo-Remote-Key-Fob-key-blade-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ4603552284QQcategoryZ21654QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow those are weird!
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 03:36 PM
sorta 007ish
Posted By: jtour Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 03:45 PM
I thought the mystiques came with those keys. My buddy in Mexico has the same keys for his mistique.

Posted By: Stazi Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:14 PM
Ford's have those keys in Australia too.

IMHO the key style doesn't mean SH!T to a theif, if he wants in he'll use a brick.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:28 PM
haha...very true. Do you think thos emake it harder for the repo man to come and take it away?
Posted By: jtour Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:33 PM
Ford's have those keys in Australia too.

IMHO the key style doesn't mean SH!T to a theif, if he wants in he'll use a brick.

Yep, no matter what if someone really wants your car. They will have it.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:44 PM
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
haha...very true. Do you think thos emake it harder for the repo man to come and take it away?

if anyone is worried about thier car getting repoed, then the last thing they should be doing is throwing money into changing locks, that money should be put towards car payments.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

if anyone is worried about thier car getting repoed, then the last thing they should be doing is throwing money into changing locks, that money should be put towards car payments.

Hey, are you the Elky who created this whole mesh fad? I don't think I have ever seen you post! You do exist!!!! I thought you were like some CEG myth.....

I need a break.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Sl33stak:
Originally posted by ElKy:

Hey, are you the Elky who created this whole mesh fad? I don't think I have ever seen you post! You do exist!!!! I thought you were like some CEG myth.....

I need a break.

er...ah...umm...doode, i gots over 6000 posts!
no break for you, just open those eyes a little
haha
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 05:08 PM
Who has ever used their key on a door or trunk lock ever??? (keyless entry cars of course)

I've had my car over 6 years and still have never used the key to open the door or trunk.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Who has ever used their key on a door or trunk lock ever??? (keyless entry cars of course)

I've had my car over 6 years and still have never used the key to open the door or trunk.

only when the doors and trunk freeze closed do I need to use the key
Posted By: tsSVT Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 08:59 PM

x2,3 years
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 09:52 PM

Makes it harder for the locksmith to help the dumbass that decided to switch to a foreign lock set.

Seriously, the things you guys try and copy from the Mondeo crack me up. The clock, the wheels(st-200), Mikey Boy is thinking about the front bumper, and not a lock set? I couldn't have reached into a bag and picked out uglier pieces to transfer over to the Contour. Maybe I just don't understand the fascination over the Mondeo.

Mark
Posted By: m!key Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 10:51 PM
mark is ghey! you dont like the st wheels or front bumper? what is wrong with you? SKEET SKEET SKEET!
hightower is ghey too!
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
mark is ghey! you dont like the st wheels or front bumper? what is wrong with you? SKEET SKEET SKEET!
hightower is ghey too!

Yes, and you are by biotch, Mike. Gonna slap you around when I get home.
Posted By: m!key Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/19/06 11:08 PM
you know thats the way i like it.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/21/06 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
hightower is ghey too!

st-200 wheels are beyond fugly. the mondeo bumper just looks like a plain, everyday run of the mill bumper that I see on every other plain, everyday run of the mill car.(ie: Alero, Grand Am, Cavalier, etc.) You know, cars you see everyday, and you go limp by the thought of owning them. It's rough being a straight man with taste, but somebody on CEG has to do it!

Mark
Posted By: Tisby Re: Mondeo Lock Set - 01/21/06 06:25 AM

Wow! Hope you're at least putting something in those locks and that your keyless keeps working. My brother's F-150 locks can not be opened because he used the keyless for so long and the locks are just froze, not even Aerokrol (sp?) will break them free. But then his keyless broke so now he just doesn't lock the truck.
© CEG Archives