Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Raven62 What is this? - 01/14/06 01:06 AM
I am currently swaping out my daughter's contour engine and ATX with one out of a 96 Mystique. Thought it would be straight forward disconnecting all the wiring including the computer. Well, that turned out that everything is all cool except there is another component on the fire wall of the contour that is not on the Mystique. So there is no connector on the engine from the Mystique computer harness. Can anyone tell me what this is? The part is located on teh driver's side of the black panel on the fire wall. Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg
Posted By: jtour Re: What is this? - 01/14/06 01:29 AM
very hard to tell. Pictures would be a BIG help!

Posted By: Raven62 Re: What is this? - 01/14/06 01:58 AM
I tried but cannot figure out how to add pictures. Can you help me out with that?
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: What is this? - 01/14/06 02:09 AM
just load the picture on a hosting website, http://imageshack.us/ is a good one. They will provide you with a "direct link" copy that link and click "Image" at the bottom of the message box when posting and it will prompt you for the link. Paste the link and you will see it show up as I have it below (it will be lower cased lettering of course so it will work) and the image will show up.

[IMAGE]"web link here"[/IMAGE]
Posted By: Stevers Re: What is this? - 01/14/06 04:26 AM
If the recipient car is the '95 GL in your .sig, I hope you realize that you're pulling the engine from a OBDII car and trying to stuff it into an OBDI.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: What is this? - 01/14/06 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Save Todras:
If the recipient car is the '95 GL in your .sig, I hope you realize that you're pulling the engine from a OBDII car and trying to stuff it into an OBDI.

That caught my eye immediately as well.
Posted By: Raven62 Re: What is this? - 01/16/06 12:54 AM
Well the engines are out and I swapped the Engine harness from the 95 and installed it to the 96 engine. Everything hooked up like it was made for it. Shouldn't have any connection issues now... RIGHT?

Greg
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: What is this? - 01/16/06 07:32 AM
that little box on the top of the front valve cover. It is controled with vaccum lines in 95. All other years the box is electronic. The box controls the secondaries on the lower intake manifold.
Posted By: Raven62 Re: What is this? - 01/17/06 02:44 AM
Well, everythng turned out like I thought. Swapped over the harness and it busted off in about three revolutions. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Greg
© CEG Archives