Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
please help. I have a 97 contour w/bad engine. I was told that one from a 98 would fit, so I bought it. Looking at both, they have some differences. Anyone have any idea if these are interchangeable???
It would greatly help if you would tell us if this is a V6 or a 4 cylinder.

The short answer is that the V6 can be used but I understand that the 4 cylinder cannot.
Welcome zoman.
Originally posted by zoman:
please help. I have a 97 contour w/bad engine. I was told that one from a 98 would fit, so I bought it. Looking at both, they have some differences. Anyone have any idea if these are interchangeable???

Lower intake is different (97 is vac. controlled I think) just swap over everything that looks different from your old block to the new one, It will work.
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Welcome zoman.

Originally posted by zrated:

Lower intake is different (97 is vac. controlled I think) just swap over everything that looks different from your old block to the new one, It will work.

Only the 95 V6 has vacuum secondaries.

We still don't know if this guy has a V6 or a 4 cylinder.
a zetec would require a new computer due to 98 having VCT and 97 not, but like everyone says, we don't know if you have a V6 or a I4..
sorry for the screw up guys...its a 2.0L four banger.
someone mentioned something about requiring a new computer...so if I can get the computer, is everything else gonna work? Thanx to all that replied...I appreciate the help!!
No. There are a lot of differences between a 97 and 98 Zetec. It is more likely that you can use a 95 or 96 though.
thanx Jim, guess i'll have to get another engine...darn.
thanx Jim, guess i'll have to get another engine...darn.

hey man next time just remember, u need somthign come to teh wonderful world of contours and u wont be led in teh wrong direction hehe
© CEG Archives