Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
..thread"....yup,its offical,after sending it back twice,and now i'm going to send it back...AGAIN, i'm really starting to hate this thing,although we have made some progress,it is downloading some type of tune....but i'm not sure what??? instead of the custom tune reading,say my stock code like it should(TAA2),and did,..it says for custom tune,"premium fuel perf"..???? what is this some type of generic tune he gave me? what ever it is its not right.
At idle the car pegs out rich on the A/F gauge,and at WOT it pegs out lean....at idle it barely idles above the stall out rpm,at WOT it feels like the engine is fighting itself.........also its throwing P0175?...now i know that A/F gauges arent a accur. reading of your A/F..but the old readings were completely backwards...at idle it would shot back and fourth between rich and lean..but mostly lean,and at wot it would hang at rich for a moment then bounce around...so i called wayne told him some of the problems....and he said he would call me back....also you would think that i wouldnt be able to use my sct chip with this tune at the same time...but you can... ...btw i did this just to experiment...
Originally posted by tour96se:
..thread"....yup,its offical,after sending it back twice,and now i'm going to send it back...AGAIN, i'm really starting to hate this thing,although we have made some progress,it is downloading some type of tune....but i'm not sure what??? instead of the custom tune reading,say my stock code like it should(TAA2),and did,..it says for custom tune,"premium fuel perf"..???? what is this some type of generic tune he gave me? what ever it is its not right.
At idle the car pegs out rich on the A/F gauge,and at WOT it pegs out lean....at idle it barely idles above the stall out rpm,at WOT it feels like the engine is fighting itself.........also its throwing P0175?...now i know that A/F gauges arent a accur. reading of your A/F..but the old readings were completely backwards...at idle it would shot back and fourth between rich and lean..but mostly lean,and at wot it would hang at rich for a moment then bounce around...so i called wayne told him some of the problems....and he said he would call me back....also you would think that i wouldnt be able to use my sct chip with this tune at the same time...but you can... ...btw i did this just to experiment...

Are you back on your SE ECU again or are you still doing the SVT ECU mix & match thing? I am sure Wayne is doing everything he can for you... why would everybody else's tune be a one-time thing and your's is a prolonged ordeal? Not sure he deserves a rant thread to be dedicated to his efforts though.

XL
no stock ecu...i'm not sure i'm ranting about him...i'm ranting at the fact that its not right..not saying its his fault,my fault...etc...just ranting,venting...although i am curious about the tune he programmed...the last two times when you go to the download custom tune option it would say my cars code,either TAA2,RJL1...but now it says the "prem fuel perf"...like its some off the shelf code...and he obv didnt tune in the fact that i dont have precats so i need the bottom o2's deleted....
well wayne will fix it for you. it must be something to do with your car. cause every single one he has ever tuned has been great. never had a single problem. i watched wayne tune your xcal and he did it the exact same as everyone elses but with your mods list. trust me its not wayne i think its your car man
I don't think it's the SCT Flasher that's the problem.
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

.....good one.. ............well last night i reset the ecu,programed it,ran it for a minute,reset the ecu....its been runing fine since...
He's gonna chop 9 tenths off his 1/4 times!

BA DUM BUMP! hehe.

Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Mark
good to hear man, glad its working for you now. just dont do the chip/flasher combo anymore, 1 or the other. and yes when you do the full svt motor swap and all you will see a big gain.
alright..its going back...now its stalling and throwing p0172 and 175 ...which is what it throws when i'm not using my superchip(b/c of the gutted precats)....and its stalling from time to time..
sorry to hear your having problems. did you download the Extreme Tune software? if you did you can adjust idle speed, also a/f, etc. BUT it sounds like those adjustments would only be a crutch for your tune. is Wayne sending your tunes via email, or are you physically sending the sct back to him? if its through email like mine you should be able have it revised by him very quickly.
the tune saying performance fuel ( or whatever) is just a name he put on the tune to diferentiate from the others. if you have the Extreme Tune software you can change the name of tune yourself to whatever you want. im sure its not n "off the shelf" tune. your mods are unique.
Originally posted by racerbox77:
sorry to hear your having problems. did you download the Extreme Tune software? if you did you can adjust idle speed, also a/f, etc. BUT it sounds like those adjustments would only be a crutch for your tune. is Wayne sending your tunes via email, or are you physically sending the sct back to him? if its through email like mine you should be able have it revised by him very quickly.
the tune saying performance fuel ( or whatever) is just a name he put on the tune to diferentiate from the others. if you have the Extreme Tune software you can change the name of tune yourself to whatever you want. im sure its not n "off the shelf" tune. your mods are unique.

were did you get that software?
Originally posted by tour96se:
were did you get that software?

http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php
alright..it offically died on me at lunch today!!!!! threw a code so i hooked it up to pull them...the xcal turns on and just shots off???...
Damn chris!

You just arn't having any luck with that thing, are ya?
could there possibly be something wrong with the flasher itself...not necessarily the tune but maybe the actual device itself...manuf. defect etc...
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
could there possibly be something wrong with the flasher itself...not necessarily the tune but maybe the actual device itself...manuf. defect etc...

..i wondered the samething..since ocas it does have problems detecing me pushing on the buttons...and sometimes i have to press REALLY hard...
Isn't the SCT for OBD-II vehicles and your's is an OBD-I? How's that work??

I'm guessing the 96 part of his name Tour96se is the year of his vehicle, which would be OBD-II.

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

I'm guessing the 96 part of his name Tour96se is the year of his vehicle, which would be OBD-II.

Mark

you mark,...get a cookie ....
true.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

i dont think its the flasher itself cause thats the 2nd one you have gotten right tour96se???
From previous experience, 95-97 Contours are the WORST EEC codes there are. The don't like change at all, especially maf or injector changes.
Originally posted by Keyser:
From previous experience, 95-97 Contours are the WORST EEC codes there are. The don't like change at all, especially maf or injector changes.

got that right. I know mine gave you a heck of a time.
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
i dont think its the flasher itself cause thats the 2nd one you have gotten right tour96se???

..no its still the same one...its going back today
© CEG Archives