Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
into a zx3 focus. can i get any help from anyone???

matt
Contact one of the guys that has swapped a Contour engine into a Focus . You'll have better luck asking questions related to the Focus, to people who........ have a Focus!

Mark
Check the Focaljet website, I have seen pics of CSVT engines in ZX3's before. You can get plenty of help with the engine on this site but look elsewhere for installation info. If you do register with the Focaljet site Walter Marcy may be able to point you to the guys that have done this swap.
Originally posted by zx3_focus:

matt

Step 1: Get SVT engine

Step 2: Get large 'engine' shoehorn.

Bam, your done!

Atleast thats how I did it in my mind...
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:

matt

Bam, your done!

LMAO Large Engine Shoehorn, hahahaaa!
Originally posted by Yeah, its got stripe:
Originally posted by Digital Slacker:

matt

Bam, your done!

LMAO Large Engine Shoehorn, hahahaaa!

thanks for the serious help guys, lol shoehorn

thanks for the serious help guys, lol shoehorn

Sorry! I am actually trying to remember what company did those swaps. They had cards sitting all over those cars, I am looking through my pictures to see if i can read anything on them. That might be a place to start.
Why even bother with a bland 2.5L svt engine???? when you could easily do a 3.0 Hybrid or full oval port 3.0 with SVT cams instead and alot more power and torque?
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
Why even bother with a bland 2.5L svt engine???? when you could easily do a 3.0 Hybrid or full oval port 3.0 with SVT cams instead and alot more power and torque?

Or a V8!!!
-tropictour
Any engine can go into any car if your bankbook is fat enough.

As this is a Contour forum, it is likely that none of us have put a Contour engine in a Focus. Check out Focus forums like Focal jet et al, and you might have better luck.

That said, why must it be the SVT Contour engine? For the amount you would spend to do it, it would be far cheaper to contact Sean Hyland Motorsports to get their head package for the 2.0 Zetec, which gets you close to the SVT on paper. You could also go the Jackson racing supercharger route for less money and hassle.

As evidenced by the picture, it has been done. But I am willing to bet that it wasn't easy or cheap.
if your loaded go for a v8 in the rear and keep the 4 banger in the front for traction so the foci doesn't fly up when you accelerate
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
if your loaded go for a v8 in the rear and keep the 4 banger in the front for traction so the foci doesn't fly up when you accelerate

Better yet, make it RWD and put wheely bars on the back.
Those dont look like SVT valve covers....they are grey?
I wouldn't give SHM any money. I've contiually read bad things about their modular engines.
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
it would be far cheaper to contact Sean Hyland Motorsports to get their head package

Originally posted by CSVT985:
Those dont look like SVT valve covers....they are grey?

Wow, can I have what you are smokin?!
no chit
© CEG Archives