Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Just thought I'd see if anyone else is spending insane amounts of cash before SZ rolls around to upgrade or finish projects. I figure I'm in for $1000 or more so far in doing odds and ends before Spring Sing rolls around and I don't know that I'll be done even when that time gets here.

Rick
Give or take 2k.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/04/05 09:41 PM
Can I leve this project for tomorrow, too much work

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/04/05 09:41 PM
Fortunately my car is "almost" aesthetically finished(Still debating which hood I am going with). I've spent a little here and there, but nothing worth taking a 2nd mortgage out for . Just need to do some detail work(paint calipers, install the updated camber plates from Thinkmoto, and do a full in/out detail of the car.. I think I'm more worried about SZ06 than I am now!

Mark
Nothing really big as of lately. I made sure I had everythign in hand before SZ. About the biggest mod as of lately is the new front fascia and repainted splitter. Maybe a $300 tops.
I need another mod....don't know if I will get the money before SZ though.
maybe around $800 or so for the things I wanted to do this year, and of course trying to get it all done by SZ
Well, I have done quite a bit, and am almost done. Some are mods, and some are general maintenance for the long trip.

Done:
-stripped, repaired, repainted, and mounted mirko
-elky mesh
-hardwire XM and radar detector
-rear strut bar
-fogs mounted and wired
-eyebrows

Need to do:
-general inspection
-oil change
-clay bar
-wax
-detail interior
-detail engine
-install Omnifi HD
-build amp rack & mount amp and the HD for my Omnifi

Thats all I can think of right now. Havent spent TONS of money, but have been busy for sure.
Slightly under 3k.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 12:27 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Slightly under 3k.

Make that $3600.00. A Torsen LSD with some fries on the side please!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 12:49 AM
I've done Hella foglights, painted-to-match calipers, aesthetic fixes, am going to modify the exhaust a little bit.. and a few other nice surprises.

Anyone stuck in between a rock and a hard place? I'm crunched for time for a few of my mods.
dont wanna think about it..see yall at Sz with new mods in.
nope not a damn thing i can think of ....dont really care to,to be honest..car isnt going into the show-n-shine anyways so it'll just get a very minor detail..like maybe a carwash..i might put dmd on by then...eo svt front brakes...and zex kit..oh yeah and paint my front bumper and side skirts..if not it'll be there chiped paint and all and i'll worry about next year
I've spent about 1500 in audio, car washes, and a few other tiny things.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 03:02 AM
i've already spent more on my car than i paid for it....

i was really hoping to have the svt front\sides and mirko painted for the event, but it's just not going to happen

plus i have to tear my new suspension apart this weekend to try and figure out why the right front of my car dropped .5" less than the rest of it.

starting to agrivate me....
Originally posted by durateX:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Slightly under 3k.

Make that $3600.00. A Torsen LSD with some fries on the side please!

not goin to sz but im at 4k

excluding LSD and parts for the final engine swap
Originally posted by pole120:
i've already spent more on my car than i paid for it....

i was really hoping to have the svt front\sides and mirko painted for the event, but it's just not going to happen

plus i have to tear my new suspension apart this weekend to try and figure out why the right front of my car dropped .5" less than the rest of it.

starting to agrivate me....

My right side is up higher than the left side...this is however a new development. I think it has to do with my bad upper strut mount on that side...idk tho.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 04:43 AM
thanks i'll take a look at that.....
what's this 'SZ' you speak of?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 12:10 PM
I have a few surprises in stall. Atleast the guys from last year's SZ will be surprised, and some things that the whole CEG clan are unaware of.
Posted By: liquidX Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 03:58 PM
Okay back... here we go...

From first to last...

Front Headlamp replacement: $200.00
LED Lighting Upgrade: $100.00
HID Light Upgrade: $250.00
Sachs Stage 1 Clutch Kit: $340.00
Fidanza Flywheel: $305.00
Koni Sport Strut Kit: $400.00
GC Coilover Kit: $400.00
20" Wheels & Tires: $1900.00
Dual Apex'i Mufflers: $400.00
MSDS Headers: $600.00
SPC Camber kit: $100.00
Heavy duty camber plates: $40.00
Magnaflow muffler for resonator: $63.00
AEM Intake: $130.00
Full Tune-up parts: $75.00
Mirko Front Splitter: $262.00
Carbon Fiber cowl hood: $439.00
Pioneer 3-way 6x8's all around: $20.00 new on eBay
Sony flipface head unit: $130
Rockford fosgate T1000BD2 Monoblock amp: $430.00
Rockford fosgate T115D2 15" Power Sub: $275.00
MOMO Shift Knob: $85.00
B&M Short Shift kit: $150.00

All I can remember for now, this does not include labor
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 06:18 PM

From first to last...

You coming to Spring Zing afterall?

Mark
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 06:21 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
I need another mod....

You NEED a dyno!! I promise it'll be the BEST $50 you spend on your car!

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

From first to last...

You coming to Spring Zing afterall?

Mark

$7094
Posted By: liquidX Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/05/05 07:06 PM
Originally posted by tourifik:
$7094

I was afraid to add it all up . Thanks, you made my day...

XL

damn dude thats alot of $ all at once, wish i could do that, you really think it will all be done by spring zing??? have you already gotten everything? i will be there next year with the following mods,
new paint
mirko splitter (for show)
koni adjustables
new fogs (halo)
konig theories 19"
25% tint
spec stage 1 or 2 clutch,pressure plate,flywheel and throw out bearing
lsd
hopefully a 3l
exhaust
front and rear strut tower braces
and yup that will take me all damn year to do...
Trust me guys, it can be worse, much, much worse in terms of $ spent. Actually adding it all back up, I'm probably closer to $2K just in mods before SZ if I can get them all done.

Rick
Ah, I remember the days these things were had for $70....

damn $70.00 for a b&m ss that aint bad, when was that in the 80's
Posted By: rouar Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/06/05 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Trust me guys, it can be worse, much, much worse in terms of $ spent. Actually adding it all back up, I'm probably closer to $2K just in mods before SZ if I can get them all done.

Rick

haha ... where's that post where you listed your total mods? Time to revise (and add on to) the list?
hey XL..wanna hook a brotha up with some cash $$$
Posted By: liquidX Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/06/05 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Are you kidding me? I just had my shop owner call me 15 minutes ago telling me how his mechanic is crying bout where to start with the headers... so I guess that just bumped up my labor costs a notch

What makes matters worst, I have a closing on a lake-front condo in 2 weeks. How am I going to do it... ask me in 2 weeks .

Got coke?

XL
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

What makes matters worst, I have a closing on a lake-front condo in 2 weeks. How am I going to do it... ask me in 2 weeks .

Got coke?

XL

OHHHH so that's why your frieken rich! Your a relator in Florida!!
alright..so i ended up spending some money on mods before sz...if you know me,you know i couldnt show up with nothing...i bought some creative compacts coilovers,and bullit mustang fuel door,a dmd,i repaited the front bumper,side skirts,had the windows tinted,and i "might" be dropping the true daul for another setup as well.....or maybe i'll have it dynoed at sz first...
Woohoo, I'm just over the $3K mark in mods for SZ! I've also been in/under/on the car pretty much every night and weekend for the past 2 weeks and I've still got a ton of stuff to do/install this weekend. On the upside it does look like pretty much everything I wanted to do before SZ will be done.

Rick
Woohoo, I'm just over the $3K mark in mods for SZ! I've also been in/under/on the car pretty much every night and weekend for the past 2 weeks and I've still got a ton of stuff to do/install this weekend. On the upside it does look like pretty much everything I wanted to do before SZ will be done.

Rick

must be nice...i've barely scrated the surface as to what i wanted to have done...oh well..next year than
Originally posted by 98 SE:

Rick

haha ... where's that post where you listed your total mods? Time to revise (and add on to) the list?

Dude, I just re-added some stuff and I've popped over $40K including the $13K purchase price.

I think I'm actually close to being finally done with the car. It's time to get it running well this last time and start enjoying it. 4 years of project and only about 3K miles put on it in those years.

Rick

$85 for a shift knob...

another MOMO disaster taking place...

MOMO = Overpriced ricer products
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 02:31 AM
d I've still got a ton of stuff to do/install this weekend. On the upside it does look like pretty much everything I wanted to do before SZ will be done.

Same here. But every night someone comes over for work on their car, motorcycle or my fiancee has me off to f'ing Lowes or whatever to buy plants, this that and other "homely" sh!t. What have I done to myself?
Originally posted by Stazi:
d I've still got a ton of stuff to do/install this weekend. On the upside it does look like pretty much everything I wanted to do before SZ will be done.

Same here. But every night someone comes over for work on their car, motorcycle or my fiancee has me off to f'ing Lowes or whatever to buy plants, this that and other "homely" sh!t. What have I done to myself?

Bwahahahaha whipped. Thats why I love my g/f soo much she wants me to race moto. hahahahahahahah sucker
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 01:35 PM
Well she's not all bad; she came to my first Auto-X of the season and will come to the rest and is bringing her g/f's too so at least she doesn't b!tch about it like my ex.
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

posthuman63t=no clue in the world. Momo is tice WTF?!! They produce quality products and anyone saying otherwise is talking out of their arse. You obviously haven't experienced thir products first hand. PPl wonder why veterans bicker at other? Well it's this right here. No clue.

Mmm, mods showed up to work by UPS today. Nice round and sticky! Hehehe

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 03:50 PM
Mmm, mods showed up to work by UPS today. Nice round and sticky! Hehehe

Rick

UPS huh? That's pretty "slick"

Mark
Not as slick as you might think but still pretty sticky
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 07:47 PM
Either Kuhmo Vitco Racer or Hoosier DOT approved tires for Auto-X?

If they are either you will be in SM instead of TSM, like me.
According to Todd your into BDSM...

Either Kuhmo Vitco Racer or Hoosier DOT approved tires for Auto-X?

If they are either you will be in SM instead of TSM, like me.

Close but no cigar, I bought a set of auto-x wheels/tires a while back.

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 08:29 PM
Close but no cigar, I bought a set of auto-x wheels/tires a while back.

Rick

Better be for the dragstrip then. I'd hate to show you up with a record breaking 13.2, when I'll have more than likely, 100+ HP less than you

Mark
Ya, but I don't know how to drive my car in a straight line!
Well she's not all bad; she came to my first Auto-X of the season and will come to the rest and is bringing her g/f's too so at least she doesn't b!tch about it like my ex.

That's cool. Now you just gotta get her into it and start competing. Then you can buy another car
Originally posted by todras:

posthuman63t=no clue in the world. Momo is tice WTF?!! They produce quality products and anyone saying otherwise is talking out of their arse. You obviously haven't experienced thir products first hand. PPl wonder why veterans bicker at other? Well it's this right here. No clue.

ITS A SHIFT KNOB!! I guess it makes that much a difference If you have a MOMO shift knob. The quality of your shifts is soo much better. YEa Ill agree they make qualty products, but so do a lot of other manufacturers. And they can offer their top nothc quality "shift knobs" for $40-$50. How come it cost double that for a MOMO? Cause it's overpriced.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/13/05 09:31 PM
Ya, but I don't know how to drive my car in a straight line!

Bah, that's easy. It's once you have to start using that steering wheel thingy, that makes things difficult

Give me 2 runs with the S/C'd 3L, and we can put that 13.3 behind us

Mark
Got Plumbing? This is just part of what I've been trying to get done on my car to help my oil temps this year (285+ on the track) I've got $500 in the cooler and plumbing but everything works as it should and driving in to work today the oil temp peaked about 185!!

Enjoy,
Rick
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/16/05 12:41 PM
Gee-bus!

An I thought I had a ton of crap going on!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/16/05 01:03 PM
pardon my bing retarded this morning, but why do you have 2 filters?
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/16/05 01:14 PM
I think one is for his tranny. IIRC he has an oil pump and cooler to keep the tranny clean and cool.
secondary bypass maybe? Congrats on the lower temps
Stazi is correct. The filter towards the front is trans filter and cooler unit. And yes before someone asks, I replaced the dented filter for the oil since that was an old filter just keeping the system clean while I worked. I also relocated my pressure guage to after the filter and wow, what a difference. I had it in the typical head feed location and was always concerned by the 20-25 psi reading after the oil warmed to temp. Now eve at high temp the idle pressure is 25 and jumps to 60-75 as soon as the rpms start coming up.

Also, I don't want to hear anyone ever complain of oil change costs again! 10 qts of fluid in this setup and I switched to running Royal Purple RP21 racing oil. $9.50/qt. Add that in your head real quick plus throw in a K&N filter.

Rick
Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/16/05 01:51 PM
You're insane Rick! Glad to see you and I have the same illness, you're at stage 4 and I'm at stage 3.

Nice to see you have the oil pressure gauge hooked up right now!
I took one of the guys at work for a spin this morning. He christened my car the "Earth Rocket" LOL. He admitted that I actually scared him with the car. Of course locking up the rear brakes at 60 and sliding sideways tends to have that effect on people! LOL I've got to get my brake system checked over as the brake light stays on in the dash plus my ABS isn't kicking in.

Rick
Posted By: m!key Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/16/05 02:06 PM
i get a ride again this year! i will bring my helmet this time.
I took one of the guys at work for a spin this morning. He christened my car the "Earth Rocket" LOL. He admitted that I actually scared him with the car. Of course locking up the rear brakes at 60 and sliding sideways tends to have that effect on people! LOL I've got to get my brake system checked over as the brake light stays on in the dash plus my ABS isn't kicking in.

Rick

I have that same problem in my car.....But this last time I pulled my suspension out I noticed one hub doesn't have an encoder ring for the abs sensor to read I guess those cougar hubs I got on there where from a non abs car Talk about dumbass of the year award
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

I have that same problem in my car.....But this last time I pulled my suspension out I noticed one hub doesn't have an encoder ring for the abs sensor to read I guess those cougar hubs I got on there where from a non abs car Talk about dumbass of the year award

Oh man that sucks.
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Oh man that sucks.

especially after buying new abs sensors. I smashed them after trying to remove them from the rusty knuckles. Good thing I had a parts car to rob a hub from
Shiat, you scared me just riding in your Silver car which was stock! You don't need 350+ hp to scare people, I think you could scare someone in a Yugo!
Hmm maybe so!
I need a ride Rick!
I need a ride in your car Rick!

Posted By: Stazi Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/17/05 12:11 PM
When I rode in it last year with Elky, I thought we were going to die. I was just wainting for an 18 wheeler to pull out in front of us!

I drive like a looney too but when I'm a passenger I'm not as comfortable with it.

I drive like a looney too but when I'm a passenger I'm not as comfortable with it.

Im the say way man
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/17/05 03:04 PM
When I rode in it last year with Elky, I thought we were going to die. I was just wainting for an 18 wheeler to pull out in front of us!

You ready for Thursday then Stazi? Wonder how fast I can run down a hole bottle.

Mark
just don't video tape it and get caught, or I will have to laugh at you ass monkeys. Remember the VW guys from a y ear or so ago?
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Remember the VW guys from a y ear or so ago?

CEG is slightly more smare.
Having you been reading the same posts I have spread through out? I thought you were smarter than that Todd :-P
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Remember the VW guys from a y ear or so ago?

CEG is slightly more smare.

me=not smare
Man im ready to go, Cant wait. 2 hours of detailing today.
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:

Looks good, you should have waxed it while you were at it!
Did my detailing on Sunday....car has been sitting in the garage.
then what did you take to work.

Kim's Contour.

Kim's Contour.

I thought you said it was in the garage????
Originally posted by Bk4293:

Kim's Contour.

I thought you said it was in the garage????

BuwhHAHAHAHAHAH
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/18/05 12:34 AM

me 3....

Posted By: Pre98 Re: Anyone spending a lot on mods before SZ? - 05/18/05 02:38 AM
I'm crunching in quite a bit tommorrow. I gotta get the extra compound off my car (and off the black plastic)

That's beautiful. I'm jealous...

That's beautiful. I'm jealous...

Thanks man
© CEG Archives