Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DanburySE better cupholders - 03/21/05 12:53 AM
where can i find the aftermarket cupholders that we put in our 98+s? i asked at the dealer and they said they had never heard of it. i think the guy at my old dealer gave me a quote on one at one point.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: better cupholders - 03/21/05 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Ford Contour Homepage:

New Cupholders Available from Ford
The "new" style cupholders are available from Ford for 1998 and up Contours and Mystiques. They fit into your existing cupholder, making them taller and sturdier. Part number is XS2Z-5413562-BAA and they go for $21.13 + $5 shipping from Bill Jenkins at Signature L-M.

Bill Jenkins
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: better cupholders - 03/21/05 06:16 AM
Remove rubber insert in driver's side cup holder until you get new ones.. works wonders..

Ray
Posted By: DanburySE Re: better cupholders - 03/28/05 03:37 AM
i found them on bill's site but you cant order them online. it says ask dealer for price. can i get them somswhere else? are they out of production? the dealer i went to 2 weeks ago said they couldnt find it in their computer
Posted By: Frosty Re: better cupholders - 03/28/05 04:40 AM
You're right, u can't order them off the site. Just shoot Bill Jenkins (parts dept.) an e-mail..he'll hook u up. I just bought mine in January. Price went up tho. I'm VERY happy with the difference! He's an awesome guy to deal with. Don't forget to tell him you're a member of CEG!!
Posted By: Michael Blunk Re: better cupholders - 03/28/05 08:36 PM
I'm aware the left cup holder can hold a large drink, but as we all know the right cup holder sucks. I was hoping there was a way to like cut the bottom of the right cup holder and possibly jury rigging a deeper one. Any ideas?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: better cupholders - 03/28/05 08:56 PM
Not to hijack, but if anyone wants mine, it's listed on eBay right now.

I got it out of a 1998-2000 Mystique. It is for the drivers side only. So instead of it looking like crap when you remove the regular insert, you get a nice clean factory look.

Check it out.

I'm selling it because I just got the updated cupholders from a junk yard so I have no use for it.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: better cupholders - 03/29/05 04:32 AM
The right side holder, just remove the rubber insert and it's perfect for a mug of coffee for the morning commute. I also lay a napkin down over the opening first to catch any spills.
Posted By: DanburySE Re: better cupholders - 03/30/05 09:07 PM
id rather just have decent cupholders. thats why ford makes the upgraded ones. i need to know where i can find them.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: better cupholders - 04/02/05 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Michael Blunk:
I'm aware the left cup holder can hold a large drink, but as we all know the right cup holder sucks. I was hoping there was a way to like cut the bottom of the right cup holder and possibly jury rigging a deeper one. Any ideas?

The right one holds my 1L Dr Pepper bottles great. The bottles here are just tall enough that they catch the groove straight up on the trim that goes around the radio.

Bottles from Iowa/Illinois border don't fit... same shape, just the Iowa ones are maybe 1/4" taller. Also I don't think the weird ones with the cone shaped top fit...

This is w/o the rubber insert, btw.
Posted By: johnoh Re: better cupholders - 05/06/06 08:03 PM
What about for a '95? Anything available other than spending $100+ from the stealership? (I just called them)
Posted By: elraido Re: better cupholders - 05/06/06 09:19 PM
junk yard for the most part for the 95. I have seen on ebay where there are "bigger" ones, but I am not sure if they fit.
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: better cupholders - 05/07/06 12:50 AM
$100? they were like 20-25 when i got mine from bill jenkins. this was a few years ago. i cant see them going up in price
Posted By: Rishodi Re: better cupholders - 05/12/06 10:52 PM
Originally posted by hmouta:
$100? they were like 20-25 when i got mine from bill jenkins. this was a few years ago. i cant see them going up in price

It wes about $45 including shipping when I bought it from him last year.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: better cupholders - 05/14/06 08:59 PM
I just ordered the new cupholders from Bill last week... I ordered them directly off the website using this part number XS2Z-5413562-BAA

its a complete replacement assembly and works much better.. My entire order was 40 something... if your lucky Bill will even throw in a free leather keychain
Posted By: Sprebound Re: better cupholders - 05/14/06 09:45 PM
Just scored some of the deeper cupholders on ebay for a total of $27.85 and that is shipped. Heck of a deal if I do say so myself...guess it is a good thing I was bored last night and decided to gander on ebay for a bit.
Posted By: johnoh Re: better cupholders - 05/16/06 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Sprebound:
Just scored some of the deeper cupholders on ebay for a total of $27.85 and that is shipped. Heck of a deal if I do say so myself...guess it is a good thing I was bored last night and decided to gander on ebay for a bit.

Got an item number for that ebay win? I'd like to see what you got and search for another.
Posted By: Sprebound Re: better cupholders - 05/17/06 11:19 PM
The item number is 8063893768. I dunno if the cupholders are the same for pre 98's or not...maybe one of the more knowledgeable peeps on here could validate that one. But it goes right over the existing cupholders and stays in place with velcro. They work great, both cupholders are now functional.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: better cupholders - 05/18/06 12:15 AM
Yeah that is one of the updated cupholders like the one you would get from Bill Jenkins.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: better cupholders - 05/20/06 10:15 PM
Pre98 bigger cup holder.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these but it needs 2 cup holders, with the limited space its nearly impossible for 2 in that spot.
Posted By: J3SVT Re: better cupholders - 06/07/06 03:55 PM

me too! only mine were 13.50 shipped. ebay
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: better cupholders - 06/07/06 08:12 PM
Originally posted by J3SVT:

me too! only mine were 13.50 shipped. ebay

Crap. I was going to bid on that, but I noticed the part number didn't match up.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: better cupholders - 06/07/06 09:22 PM
I was gonna bid on it this morning when the auction was about to end . Unfortunately it was too early and I forgot.
Posted By: Rishodi Re: better cupholders - 06/08/06 01:01 AM
Grr, I wish I had gotten such a deal.
Posted By: J3SVT Re: better cupholders - 06/08/06 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:

Crap. I was going to bid on that, but I noticed the part number didn't match up.

lol, it was off by one letter and a couple of hyphens..."part # xs2z5413562aaa"
Posted By: MazTour Re: better cupholders - 06/13/06 04:31 AM
You should see my fantastic cup holder mod. It's lightweight & durable cardboard,stows easily under the passenger seat,and conveniently sits on the passenger seat and holds up to 4 drinks at once. They are available for free at most drive thru windows.
© CEG Archives