Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: garretto remove armrest... - 11/15/04 04:34 AM
hi everyone.

i bought these seat covers, and i would like to put them on but i cant on the drivers seat because of the armrest mounted on the seat! so how could i take it off? plus i plan on gettin the pre-98 center console so doesnt that have a armrest on it?

thanks everyone.

Posted By: StreetDreams Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 04:37 AM
it should pop off some how.......but that im not sure of. as far as the pre98 center console, it does have a armrest on it. hope i helped some what
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 04:43 AM
Will you be getting rid of your arm rest then ?
Posted By: Pre98 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Christian:
Will you be getting rid of your arm rest then ?

Here we go:

Selling for 5 dollars5dollarscanwegetanotherbid were going with 5dollars

"twenty!"

We have tweennntydollars,twentydollars canwegetanotherbid

twentydollars..
going once going twice
SOLD

Yeah the pre98's have armrests. You could always switch to pre98 seats too, eventually?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 06:12 PM
on some cars the arm rest is press fit on and you just force it off

on my car a 99 is was bolted on, you just need to get a wrench between the seat and the armrest and start losening it and it will come right off
Posted By: HITMANinMI Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 07:45 PM
I wish my car had an armrest, it just has the one on the console, I wish there was one that was attached to the seat, and you could fold it up and down like on Chrysler Town and Countrys.

Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 08:09 PM
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
I wish my car had an armrest, it just has the one on the console, I wish there was one that was attached to the seat, and you could fold it up and down like on Chrysler Town and Countrys.

you wouldn't say that is you had a 5 spd, the stupid arm rest on the side of the seat gets in the way when down

why don't you make a spacer up and raise the height of the armrest that you do have?
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 08:11 PM
Originally posted by brapple:
you wouldn't say that is you had a 5 spd, the stupid arm rest on the side of the seat gets in the way when down

My armrest is actually in the perfect place for me ... just getting very ratty looking.
Posted By: garretto Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 08:28 PM
i want some of those recaro seats or whatever they are called! and im going to use the pre98 center console, if i cant find one , i cant seem to.
Posted By: Nic_ContourSE99 Re: remove armrest... - 11/15/04 11:11 PM
brapple:

I do have MTX and armrest on my 99 seats and the armrest is useful.

Nic.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/16/04 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Nic_ContourSE99:

I do have MTX and armrest on my 99 seats and the armrest is useful.

Nic.

to each their own, everyone in my family is annoyed with it

part of the reason I put a pre98 center console in
Posted By: rouar Re: remove armrest... - 11/16/04 04:05 AM
I consider the armrest a godsend in my ATX, as it is in the perfect place for resting the arm while driving. However Brapple showed me once how shifting into 2nd and 4th gear makes you elbow the thing right where it hurts if driving MTX with the armrest down, and I can completely see how it would be a problem.

My 2c ... slightly off topic, sorry ...
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: remove armrest... - 11/16/04 04:37 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I consider the armrest a godsend in my ATX, as it is in the perfect place for resting the arm while driving. However Brapple showed me once how shifting into 2nd and 4th gear makes you elbow the thing right where it hurts if driving MTX with the armrest down, and I can completely see how it would be a problem.

My 2c ... slightly off topic, sorry ...

your right with a ATX it is fine, notice how the SVT has the armrest on the center console ...

I do agree while crusing down the highway it wasn't that bad but any other time ...
Posted By: Booger Re: remove armrest... - 11/16/04 06:07 AM
I usually rest my elbow on my seat attached armrest and shift just fine. I have to have an armrest though, I just can't get comfortable in a car without it.
Posted By: garretto Re: remove armrest... - 11/16/04 06:03 PM
well i still havent gotten it off!~ so screw the seatcovers.
© CEG Archives