Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TronX Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 03:49 PM
Hey I'm sure most of you have seen the Tornado Fuel Saver on TV at some point. Has anyone here tried this device out and care to give your thoughts? Please....

I'm looking at the the:
Tornado Fuel Saver KI-65 for: 1998 MERCURY MYSTIQUE 4/2.0
$59.95 + 9.95sh
http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 03:51 PM
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turbo&Number=429207&Forum=turbo&Words=tornado%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=429207&Search=true#Post429207
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 03:58 PM
Man, I'd buy that ish, right after I bought the resistor mod that adds 20hp! I say go for it!
Posted By: TronX Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 04:28 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turbo&Number=429207&Forum=turbo&Words=tornado%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=429207&Search=true#Post429207

Ouch...

Thanks for the link, I failed to find it on my search.

Quote:

Keyser~
I've had 3 cars come into the dyno with these things. Hard to believe I know but it's true. The results were at least a 4hp loss on everyone.

Well.. I was just trying to think of a few cheap and easy mods that would give me more HP. I guess this is not one of those things..
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 04:38 PM
Originally posted by TronX:

Well.. I was just trying to think of a few cheap and easy mods that would give me more HP. I guess this is not one of those things..

After you suck that Tornado garbage down your intake, you can do the 3liter swap.
Posted By: TronX Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 05:19 PM
Blah.. well it never hurts to ask.

Oh.. and that Prolong stuff is crap as well. Long story with an old 500$ car I had. Somehow over night the oil leaked out and the engine lights never came on. So the engine was killed about a few miles down the road.
Posted By: Ziyad Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 05:28 PM
Have a look at the following link.

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/productreviews/fr/aafpr052002.htm

No discernable change when using the tornado.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 06:37 PM

Oh.. and that Prolong stuff is crap as well.

Isn't that kind of like "Extend?"

I get all kinds of emails about this stuff. Must be good, right?
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ziyad:

LOL! Ironic the same webpage that is destroying the "Tornado" claims has a "Sponsored Links" going to the Tornado.

Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:

Oh.. and that Prolong stuff is crap as well.

Isn't that kind of like "Extend?"

I get all kinds of emails about this stuff. Must be good, right?

Prolong? Extend? Ya'll are too young to be using male enhancements ...........
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 07:14 PM
Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by Ziyad:

LOL! Ironic the same webpage that is destroying the "Tornado" claims has a "Sponsored Links" going to the Tornado.

Heh that's awesome!
Posted By: MrGiggles Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/13/04 09:57 PM
Man, I put a Tornado thing under the hood and in the exahust pipe, so now stuff comes in and out faster! OMG, best product ever!
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/14/04 02:48 AM
its better to just put a heap of sand inside your air filter before you race some one. the more the better. it adds like 40 horsepowers at the wheels. if you want more horsepowers try one of those led muffler tips. thats like 10 more horsepowers, especially if it blinks!!!
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/14/04 07:32 AM
Originally posted by dallasb84:
its better to just put a heap of sand inside your air filter before you race some one. the more the better.

Extrude Hone on the go huh?
Posted By: EricF Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/15/04 04:14 PM
Here it is simply put.

If it worked, Manufacturers would have simular designs
incorporated into the car from the start.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/15/04 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Eric Ford:
Here it is simply put.

If it worked, Manufacturers would have simular designs
incorporated into the car from the start.

Well, no they wouldn't if they thought they could save a dime on each car sold.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/15/04 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dallasb84:
its better to just put a heap of sand inside your air filter before you race some one. the more the better. it adds like 40 horsepowers at the wheels. if you want more horsepowers try one of those led muffler tips. thats like 10 more horsepowers, especially if it blinks!!!

Bwahahaha! That's how the ricers do it!!!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/15/04 04:41 PM
Those infomercials for that tornado are like a brainsucker! I'm serious, it brainwashes you. After watching it for 20 minutes i was convinced beyond all doubt that it works and it works great until about an hour after I watched it I was thinking "wtf? how retarded".
Posted By: TronX Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/15/04 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Those infomercials for that tornado are like a brainsucker! I'm serious, it brainwashes you. After watching it for 20 minutes i was convinced beyond all doubt that it works and it works great until about an hour after I watched it I was thinking "wtf? how retarded".

Ahhh.. behold.. The power of TV.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/16/04 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

Ahhh.. behold.. The power of TV.

"Television. The drug of a nation.
Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation..."
Posted By: weasel Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/16/04 07:29 PM
Well, when they first came out I was intrigued by the idea. I had no money, so I made one. This is back in the day when I had a carb'd 4cyl Ranger. You know what, the damed thing worked. The only reason I think it did is because it helped break up the large fuel droplets ( carbs tend not to atomize very well, especially factory ones ). Almost everyone knows that laminar flow is better than turbulent flow, so why make it turbulent ? On an EFI or forced induction application, it would be completely useless. All it would do is cause an air restriction and reduce airflow ( on my Ranger, I had a rather large open element air filter, so restriction was minimal. ) Bottom line ? Complete waste of money ....
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Tornado Fuel Saver any good? - 09/17/04 09:31 PM
I bought one and I wanted to see if it worked so I put it in backwards. Sure enough, I lost power and it KILLED gas mileage. it works.
© CEG Archives