Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 air intake mod for better acceleration - 08/29/04 09:25 PM
My friend has a ford zx2, which is somewhat similar to a contour, and he took out two resonators in the air intake system which gave him a significant acceleration boost. I was wondering if there was anything similar that i could do to my 99 contour. Here are the links for what he did to his car: http://www.teamzx2.com/index.cfm?fa=mods.upperResonator and http://www.teamzx2.com/index.cfm?fa=mods.lowerResonator
Posted By: JonnySVT How to: Make your own HAI - 08/29/04 09:47 PM
Originally posted by nimrod:
My friend has a ford zx2, which is somewhat similar to a contour ,

and he took out two resonators in the air intake system which gave him a significant acceleration boost .

I was wondering if there was anything similar that i could do to my 99 contour. Here are the links for what he did to his car: http://www.teamzx2.com/index.cfm?fa=mods.upperResonator and http://www.teamzx2.com/index.cfm?fa=mods.lowerResonator

No it's not.

What do you consider significant? That's probably good for 1-2 hp, if that.

You could do the exact same thing to your contour. Remove the air box fendwer draw as they have labeled the "lower resonator". This will make your intake louder and introduce nice fresh hot air into your intake charge. Your intake will be louder, so of course that adds power right? And the warm underhood air, as we all know, is great for a few hp.

My advice, do it. You won't notice the loss anyway.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/29/04 10:42 PM
JonnySVT, should I reccomend him the CAI .
The resonators are different on ZX2s, and they will free up a little power when removed. They are both between the air box and throttle body, at least on my Dads. So hot air isnt a problem
This is a picture of my engine. Where are the two resonators? http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/404f9d45_67f6/bc/Stuff/HPIM1044[1]+copy.jpg?bf51nMBBF0Tl0dkE
Link doesnt work.
Where are the resonators; below the air filter on the left side, or under the boxy thing to the left that is connected to the air filter through the tube?
Does anybody know where the two resonators are?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: air intake mod for better acceleration - 08/30/04 04:47 PM
Uhhhh, I think there's one in your exhaust

Actually you could have read JonnySVT's post. If you look just to the right(standing in front of car) of your air filter, there is a little snorkel looking device. It is black and is held in with........... Well I can't even remember what it's held in with since I took mine out about 4 years ago.. There's your one and only "resinator" that you speak of.

Mark
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
No it's not.

What do you consider significant? That's probably good for 1-2 hp, if that.

You could do the exact same thing to your contour. Remove the air box fendwer draw as they have labeled the "lower resonator". This will make your intake louder and introduce nice fresh hot air into your intake charge. Your intake will be louder, so of course that adds power right? And the warm underhood air, as we all know, is great for a few hp.

My advice, do it. You won't notice the loss anyway.

Exactly where is the air box fendwer draw?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 06:07 PM
Ok, before my head explodes, go out to your car(that is if you really have one), OPEN YOUR HOOD! Now this should be obvious, but you will want to look at the fender that is RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR AIR FILTER!!!!!!!!! Now with that said, you answered your own question.. "AIR BOX FENDER DRAW" You do realize that your car has "fenders", and in that "fender" in which you have an "air box" you will see a "fender draw" which is a little piece of black plastic that is in your "fender".. To easily find this "fender draw" which is all too conveniently located in your "fender", take your "air box" out.. I believe the "fender draw" is held in with 2 or 3 Hex head screws.. Take them out, remove the "fender draw", and search before you ever post again.
Posted By: Stazi Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Ok, before my head explodes, go out to your car(that is if you really have one), OPEN YOUR HOOD! Now this should be obvious, but you will want to look at the fender that is RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR AIR FILTER!!!!!!!!! Now with that said, you answered your own question.. "AIR BOX FENDER DRAW" You do realize that your car has "fenders", and in that "fender" in which you have an "air box" you will see a "fender draw" which is a little piece of black plastic that is in your "fender".. To easily find this "fender draw" which is all too conveniently located in your "fender", take your "air box" out.. I believe the "fender draw" is held in with 2 or 3 Hex head screws.. Take them out, remove the "fender draw", and search before you ever post again.

His user name says it all!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

LOL! "Hi my name is Nimrod, and every post I make will back my name up 100%"
Posted By: zrated_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 10:10 PM

hahahahaha
Posted By: Stryker Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/30/04 11:33 PM
there is also a resonator behind the inner fender well (the mud gard thnigy that keeps the inner fenders from getting all nasty)...so there is more than one.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/31/04 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Be nice, not everyone is a car expert If you think thats bad, you would probably end up killing some of my friends. They could not even point to the airbox, let alone the fender draw.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 08/31/04 11:50 PM
Just tell me exactly where it is in these pictures of my engine.

Posted By: EvlBill Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 12:27 AM
The fender draw they're talking about is seen nicely in picture #2. On the right hand side of the picture, you can see it. It's to the right of the air box and above the power distribution box. Although if you're keeping the stock airbox I don't think you should remove the fender draw.

Heh, I just noticed the "How to: Make your own HAI" title.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 12:32 AM
So is the resonator inside that fender?
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 12:35 AM
Are you refering to the fender as the black piece of rubber tube that is about two inches long?
Posted By: Stryker Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 12:55 AM
the resonator is under your left fender, behind the black plasitc that protects the wheel wells. remove the plastic and you will see it, i could have sworn i said this already...

if you want i will go take a pic of mine...mine are off causethe car is wrecked.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 01:52 AM
I think I got the concept now. The resonator is about where the black circle is on the first picture.

This last picture I took looking up under the fender. Are the yellow question marks pointing to the resonator?

Posted By: Jason43 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 02:09 AM
Good freakin grief.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 02:20 AM
How do I detach it?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 04:40 AM
BFH.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 08:22 AM
You got the fenderwell resonator right. Pull the black liner behind the wheel to get to it. Yank it out.

That piece snaps off, take it off. It wont help with power, but I noticed a little throttle response and better sound

That is the other resonator. Either get a silicone elbow or an aftermarket intake to get rid of it. To find out what size elbow to get, search a few months back for Sleepers post in the Zetec forum about making your own intake.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 08:27 AM
simple green is your friend
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 08:34 AM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
simple green is your friend

Dammit, I was gonna add that but I forgot. Your engine will run better when its clean

A clean engine is a happy engine.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 01:05 PM
The resonator in the fender well is the first resonator, are there any more resonators?

What is the purpose of the thing pictured below?

And what does the thing circled in green do?

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 01:38 PM

To severely restrict your airflow...

do this...

I just ordered these same elbows w/ clamps...$40 shipped, go to your local muffler shop & have them cut you a piece of 2.75" pipe...please read the above link thoroughly
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 01:40 PM
Does it hinder horsepower?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 02:05 PM
There's another silencer in your trunk. Don't come back until you find it
Posted By: Ziyad Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 02:42 PM
Resontaors on the intake are usually there to -

1. reduce the level of noise emanating from the engine.
2. reduce torque peaks.
3. increase torque dips.

It has been my experience over a number of cars that the intake resonators actually do reduce both noise and horse power. (97 Nissan Sentra, 2000 Mazda 323, 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer, 1999 Honda Civic)
Unfortunately, havent removed the Mondeo's resonator due to lack of parts.
The mondeo has a poor design from the factory. While resonator removal using the elbows and piping will gain you some horsepower, a true cold air intake, eg CTA intake with GMK extension, will be the best option. This will have the best improvement in the torque curve possible from an intake.

Ziyad
Posted By: gearhead98 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 04:49 PM
The resonator in the fender well is the first resonator, are there any more resonators?

And what does the thing circled in green do?

the thing in the green circle is your MAF(Mass Air Flow) sensor it is not really a restriciton on your intake, that i know of atleast
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/01/04 06:19 PM
Does it hinder horsepower?

How else can
Originally posted by svzetec:
To severely restrict your airflow...

be translated??
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/02/04 03:00 AM
Look, just go from this:

to this:

Then everything will be better.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/02/04 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Look, just go from this:

Dude.... please, clean your engine......

to this:

Then everything will be better.

Yummmmmmmm, leave that comparison there, everyone will think your engine is the best
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 01:31 AM
Does that type of air filter give the car more acceleration? and isn't that bad because hot air from the engine is going into the intake? and if you think that that engine is dirty, you should have seen it about a week ago before I cleaned as best I could with a wet rag.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 01:49 PM
Does that type of air filter give the car more acceleration? and isn't that bad because hot air from the engine is going into the intake? and if you think that that engine is dirty, you should have seen it about a week ago before I cleaned as best I could with a wet rag.

Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 06:12 PM
Why are you such a [censored] [censored]?
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 06:15 PM
Should I have to bow down to you because you know more than me? Am I not allowed to ask [censored] questions? Why must you be such a hard guy? You have such a [censored] huge ego!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 07:38 PM
No.. It's just that I actually pushed that little feature at the top of this page that says "SEARCH" and found the answer to your question about 5000 times.. Well the 5000 was when I decided to stop keeping track.. I suggest you try the same.. And yes, I do know more than you

Mark
Posted By: akrump47 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jason43:
Good freakin grief.

Nimrod - you've spent a whole WEEK asking how to take your air intake apart online.

You realize that you could find a mechanic or someone who knows cars to look under your hood and have ALL these simple questions answered in 10 MINUTES?

Here I thought Hitman was clueless ...
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 08:46 PM
Ok smart guy, I'll just call up the 200 mechanics I know and ask one of them to come over to my house and check out my engine.
Posted By: m!key Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/03/04 10:20 PM
BFH.

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! nice!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/04/04 12:18 AM
Originally posted by akrump47:

Here I thought Hitman was clueless ...

ooooooooo BURN!!!!!!!
Posted By: 95TourSleeper Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/04/04 01:54 AM
Oh man!!! i have honestly gotten more humor on these 3 or 4 pages then i have gotten all week, nimrod you have to realize that most of us arent trying to make you angry but they are just frustrated, please search all over this site for answers first. So stay calm.
Posted By: caltour Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/05/04 05:37 PM
Message to Y2KSVT, Stazi, Kremit, and akrump47:

What is it with you people? Menstrual cramps?

Look - this is really simple: IF A POST IS NOT WORTHY OF YOUR TIME, IGNORE IT. DO NOT POST A REPLY. POSTING CRANKY AND ARROGANT REPLIES TO NEWBIES DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE AN EXPERT. IT JUST MAKES YOU LOOK CRANKY AND ARROGANT.

You are not helping CEG when you do your mean-spirited jerk routine. Show some maturity. Be a man. Think about the impression you are making.

I'd like this forum to be around for awhile so it will be here when I need information. It won't be if you turn it into a hellhole.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/05/04 05:53 PM
Originally posted by caltour:

Look - this is really simple: IF A POST IS NOT WORTHY OF YOUR TIME, IGNORE IT. DO NOT POST A REPLY. POSTING CRANKY AND ARROGANT REPLIES TO NEWBIES DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE AN EXPERT. IT JUST MAKES YOU LOOK CRANKY AND ARROGANT.

You are not helping CEG when you do your mean-spirited jerk routine. Show some maturity. Be a man. Think about the impression you are making.

I'd like this forum to be around for awhile so it will be here when I need information. It won't be if you turn it into a hellhole.

Message to caltour:

Don't be a hypocrite. I remember a recent post where you jumped all over me cause you THOUGHT you were an expert.

With that said, the newbie should search. The stuff he is asking is all easy to find. I did it when I was a newbie. When I didn't understand something, I made intelligent post asking politely for help.

You can't help those that aren't willing to help themselves.
Posted By: caltour Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/05/04 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by caltour:

Message to caltour:

Don't be a hypocrite. I remember a recent post where you jumped all over me cause you THOUGHT you were an expert.

You mean the one where you categorically advised zetecninja to put "cheap oil" in his car, and I said that was not good advice? Oh, good lord. If you make a half-baked remark, it's usually better to disavow it than defend it to the death.

With that said, the newbie should search. The stuff he is asking is all easy to find.

I think we all agreed on that point already. Thanks for piling on.

I did it when I was a newbie. When I didn't understand something, I made intelligent post asking politely for help.

Well, I wasn't around here thirteen freakin' thousand posts ago, so I don't know what you posted then. Even if I assume for the sake of argument that you did search every time, and never asked a question that had already been asked, does that mean that it's OK for you to be bitchy and condescending to other people? And what wasn't polite about the original post?

I haven't given up on you yet, Kremit. Look at what Stryker,Ziyad, JohnnySVT and CRZYDRVR posted, and see if being civil makes a better impression.

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/05/04 08:17 PM
Zetecninja asked if it was OK to put cheap oil in for a DAY. I said YES. Not a half baked remark. It is OK. Of course as long as the oil is certified,etc. BUT you'd be more hard pressed to find an oil that is not certified than one that is.

You're welcome.

I made my fair share of stupid posts (not quite as bad as some of this dude's). And guess what? I got the same treatment. There is only one way to learn to post in a sorta right way and that's with other people not answering every single little question for you that has been asked before.

I do hope you give up on me. I've already given up on you.

Also, look where I stepped into this thread. After nimrod posted some stuff against other members and saying stupid crap like "does it hinder horsepower" when it was already answered. If he's not gonna read what people post in reply to him, then why even ask it?

If he needs some serious help, I'd gladly help (as many of my posts show).

AGAIN, you can't help those that aren't willing to help themselves.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 05:06 PM
caltour - go back and re-read my post and explain to me how my comments indicate Arrogance or "Menstural Cramps"?

This "nimrod" guy comes on here ordering us to identify parts that are clearly labeled in ANY BASIC REPAIR MANUAL. He spends a friggin week asking people here how to take his airbox apart and what his MAF does. He could have the answers a week ago if he opened up a haynes manual or a Ford CD from Todras. Heck he could have asked someone who knows about cars and they could have told him.

I really have no problem with newbies who don't have a clue, everyone's been there before. But when they cop an attitude and expect everyone to immediately answer their every stupid question, that's not gonna fly around here.
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 06:26 PM
I went to KFC today and they didn't have any mac n cheese because of the hurricane.
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 07:10 PM
I went to KFC today and they didn't have any mac n cheese because of the hurricane.

I know the feeling, my 4 piece chicken strip meal only came with 3 pieces. I know I should have done a search before buying
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 08:41 PM
Originally posted by akrump47:
caltour - go back and re-read my post and explain to me how my comments indicate Arrogance or "Menstural Cramps"?

This "nimrod" guy comes on here ordering us to identify parts that are clearly labeled in ANY BASIC REPAIR MANUAL. He spends a friggin week asking people here how to take his airbox apart and what his MAF does. He could have the answers a week ago if he opened up a haynes manual or a Ford CD from Todras. Heck he could have asked someone who knows about cars and they could have told him.

I really have no problem with newbies who don't have a clue, everyone's been there before. But when they cop an attitude and expect everyone to immediately answer their every stupid question, that's not gonna fly around here.

Oh yeah, just look back at the posts and you can see quite clearly where I order people to answer me and I force them to indetify parts of a car (for all of you idiots who think your [censored] doesn't smell, I am using sarcasm). And the part about me asking someone who knows about cars, THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM YOU DUMBASS! I AM ASKING PEOPLE WHO KNOW ABOUT CARS! You should feel very stupid about saying that and you need to spend less time trying to put people down. And what if I don't know what the [censored] a haynes manual or a Ford CD from Todras is? Why do I need to look there if I can just ask people who have experience with cars? You need to step down you [censored] hick. People are so damn stupid.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 08:46 PM
And I bet you are all grown men who are wasting your [censored] lives away, trying to make yourselves look like hard asses to a [censored] 16 year old who is sitting behind a computer screen laughing his ass off at a bunch of [censored] low-lifes.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 08:49 PM

Bring it on tough-guys!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 08:53 PM
That'll get you soooo much help around here. I'm just 18 and yeah this site is a good place to ask questions, that's what it's for. BUT you gotta get off your ass and do something. Buy a haynes manual (everyone knows what a haynes manual is, if you don't, then you could ask, but you should know or not even be working on the car), look through the main site/archives/FAQs/other people's post before you post anything, and todras is a guy on here you can buy the ford service cd from for $8. But since all you're doing is sitting behind a computer, not attempting to figure anything out yourself, you'll probably want to head on over to www.fordcontour.org
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 09:16 PM
That's Mister E-thug to you, guy.

Oh and this whole thread is stupid. Nimrod, what's your question? I'll answer it, then I'll write some more assanine crap that no one will want to read.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 09:49 PM
And I bet you are all grown men who are wasting your [censored] lives away, trying to make yourselves look like hard asses to a [censored] 16 year old who is sitting behind a computer screen laughing his ass off at a bunch of [censored] low-lifes.

Am I the only person on here that wants to drop kick this kid in the nuts?

With that said,look nimrod, if you have a question, and you've searched for an answer to no avail, then nobody is going to have a problem pointing you in the right direction. Now that you've crossed the line with your last 3 posts, you may want to consider seeking help elsewhere. By the previous poster stating that you demand help, he means that you posted a question, then posted the same question 5 more times in your same thread because you either A: Didn't follow directions, or B: Didn't even read what they said. For a punk kid that sits behind a computer all day, you shouldn't have a problem looking up info under the SEARCH button.
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/07/04 11:23 PM
Somebody call 911!!
Posted By: pre98zetec Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/08/04 01:16 AM
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
Somebody call 911!!

I got them on the phone now, what should I say!?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/08/04 07:31 AM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

I know the feeling, my 4 piece chicken strip meal only came with 3 pieces. I know I should have done a search before buying

LOL, that cracked me up
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/08/04 01:46 PM
"LOL" is such a cool phrase to use! (by the way, no sarcasm intended)
Posted By: BlackBirdRacing Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/08/04 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ZetecGL:
Somebody call 911!!

Help!!
We have another pointless thread on CEG!!!

They'll know what to do, it happens all the time.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/08/04 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ZetecGL:
Somebody call 911!!

Help!!
We have another pointless thread on CEG!!!

They'll know what to do, it happens all the time.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 04:45 AM
My crappy computer doesn't have Excel and I need to drawr a graph for my physics lab for tomorrow!!!

I reckon crayons and construction paper will have a "professional appearance".
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 01:05 PM
My crappy computer doesn't have Excel and I need to drawr a graph for my physics lab for tomorrow!!!

I reckon crayons and construction paper will have a "professional appearance".

Use a ruler for straight lines...and only use crayola, they are the best quality & show you care about the project
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 06:59 PM
I did. I also drew a nice land scape on the back with my house and my dog and my car and the sun was smiling at me. My teacher told me not to take drugs. What did he mean by that?
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 07:42 PM
My teacher told me not to take drugs. What did he mean by that?

Dunno

Was the size of the dog out of proportion to the car maybe?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 08:22 PM
The dog, car, house, and sun were all the same size. They were linearly homologous.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/09/04 08:32 PM
Try www.openoffice.org it's bout the same as excel.
Posted By: foldthecorners Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/10/04 01:15 AM
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

LOL, that cracked me up

lol, yeah..that had me laughing pretty hard too.
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/10/04 12:26 PM
Nimrod:

More info:
Nimrod MR2

Dear Nimrod, take it easy Junior. Having your posts editied by Lance (site owner/Administrator is not where you want to go. Grow some thicker skin. Have a nice day.

Mark
Posted By: lsneo Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/10/04 01:32 PM
NBFDL
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 09/10/04 07:58 PM
Try www.openoffice.org it's bout the same as excel.

Thanks Ross, I'll check that out.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 10/01/04 11:56 PM
Alright, I got everything done. Here is a picture:

...but there is only one problem, since doing this mod, my "CHECK ENGINE" light is a constant. I think it has something to do with an electronic sensor that was connected to the tubing that I removed. Here is a picture of the connector:

Whoever has done this mod, how did you deal with this? I am thinking of drilling a hole in the elbow and putting the sensor in there. Any suggestions?
Posted By: chongo Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 10/02/04 05:54 AM
Now that you've painted up your engine bay, it's time to clean it.

Just plug that connection back onto your Intake air temp sensor and no more CEL!
You may want to reset your computer.
Posted By: nimrod_dup1 Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 10/02/04 02:02 PM
Just reset it by unplugging the battery for a few minutes?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: How to: Make your own HAI - 10/02/04 09:30 PM
Just reset it by unplugging the battery for a few minutes?

Yes, just remove the negitive battery terminal for 10 minutes and your done.

lupe
© CEG Archives