Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: rylee44 I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/18/04 08:01 PM
$10 a run in Tulsa, you can't say no to that!

I only did 2 runs, but it came out as: 167.6whp @ 6500rpm and 146.2lb's tq @ 2800rpm

The shop owner claims the Mustang Dynomometer is off by around 20% of a DynoJet, but you know you cannot compare dyno to dyno. That is why I am going to take the SVT Contour up there and Dyno it to see about how my car compares to a stock SVT...

Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/19/04 01:30 PM
Ryan, there is no way that Cougar is at 167fwhp/146fwtq on a mustang. Mine did 163fwhp/163fwtq on a mustang. And your car felt waaay faaster than mine. Is this place new? Where's it at?

If you can, dyno at that place on 11th bet. Mem. and Mingo as thats where most of us have gone. Just as a comparison.

-R-
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/19/04 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Kung Fu Troll:
Ryan, there is no way that Cougar is at 167fwhp/146fwtq on a mustang. Mine did 163fwhp/163fwtq on a mustang. And your car felt waaay faaster than mine. Is this place new? Where's it at?

If you can, dyno at that place on 11th bet. Mem. and Mingo as thats where most of us have gone. Just as a comparison.

-R-

Butt dyno's almost always lie. The "Feel" of power means little to nothing without actual numbers backing it up.

So that would be like high 170's to maybe low 180's on a Dynojet.
Though direct comparison is ALWAYS impossible.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/19/04 04:57 PM
Besides that, the dyno is showing FWHP. Put that same power in a lighter car and you will feel a difference on the street & track.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/19/04 05:18 PM
Riding in a car always feels faster than driving it. Solid numbers though.
Posted By: DeltarMN Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/21/04 12:55 PM
No kidding, I always hat how the cars always feel faster on the street then at a track...
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/21/04 01:56 PM
That is the heaviest Cougar I have ever seen. 3375? I thought the curb weight of a Cougar is something like 2800. I think the numbers may be skewed a bit.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/21/04 06:12 PM
I believe the Cougars are heavier than the Contours, at least that's what I remember hearing all the time.
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/21/04 08:15 PM
Cougars are definately not that heavy. Maybe he has a system in it that is really weighing it down. They usually barely tip over 3,000lbs if at all(manuals anyway). Spec sheets I've seen state the cougar weighs: 2941 lbs.
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 07/23/04 10:14 PM
When I dynoed on a Mustang, they said my car weighed 3350lbs. Found out later that they just input the weight info from a chart.

Also, I completely agree about the butt dyno. However, I've ridden as a passenger in my own car. Didn't feel fast at all. Grass is always greener I guess.

I was just stating how strong Ryan's car feels. I've been in a very modded, VERY quick CSVT that didn't feel as strong.

-R-
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 03/28/06 10:23 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Not always true did you read my post where I compared Mustang vs. Dynojet on my 2000 SVT, 1 1/2 years apart but nothing different on the car...my dyno's
Posted By: Pole120 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 03/29/06 12:50 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:

Not always true did you read my post where I compared Mustang vs. Dynojet on my 2000 SVT, 1 1/2 years apart but nothing different on the car...my dyno's

You realize this thread is like 2 years old right....
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: I went to the Dyno yesterday... - 03/30/06 12:33 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
Originally posted by scottd60:

You realize this thread is like 2 years old right....

I do now what's up with these people digging up old threads for no good reason
© CEG Archives