Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives

Thanks to Keyser for hookin' it up
143ish HP isn't bad! Keep goin!
BTW, other mods are, custom CAI, optimized TB, B&M FPR, SVT exhaust.
Looks really good! Are the cams from the focus compatible for your zetec? You could probably do wonders with a good set. Can Chris get control of the VVT for the exhaust cam????
Looks good anyway, a little more power and the stock duratechs are going to fear you!

warmonger
Are you losing power?
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
Are you losing power?

In the grand scheme, yes I did. However, the reason is due to the fact my intake cam was initially so far out of time, it was gaining power. The only reason I corrected it was the car had begun to stumble badly. That's where your cam gears come in. Once I have them on, I can tune cam timing w/ spark advance and should see considerable gains. THAT'S WHY I NEED YOU TO REPLY TO MY PM!!!!!!!!!!!

Note run 110 is the baseline after having timing fully corrected.
Originally posted by warmonger:
Looks really good! Are the cams from the focus compatible for your zetec? You could probably do wonders with a good set. Can Chris get control of the VVT for the exhaust cam????
Looks good anyway, a little more power and the stock duratechs are going to fear you!

warmonger

I pestered Chris to pull all 4 banks from the PCM to see if VCT could be altered/disabled/etc. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort seems to be allowed. Doesn't really matter, though. Once I toss on the cam gears VCT will mechanically be disabled anyway

Dunno if the Focus cams are compat. or not. I'd suspect they are, but I don't know if I'll get that deep into the motor since I'm seriously considering swapping in a new Focus motor before I FI anyway.
I'm still waiting on details for the chip.
Nice numbers! I think it's really fun to watch your car get dialed in. I was nervous when I first got there (ask Chris!), but now I'm trying to find reasons to go back!
Zx2racing.com or whatever has cams and cam gears and head packages for our motors..
Originally posted by AzNHxC:
Zx2racing.com or whatever has cams and cam gears and head packages for our motors..

He just purchased cam gears.;)
Congrats hector money in your pocket..I ordered a bunch of goodies today.... and more goodies after pay day tommorow....time for me to stop the talk and walk the walk..
I have to buy wheel hubs and bearings.
© CEG Archives