Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Does anyone have 1/4 times for a Contour running a 3.0L Duratec?? Must be naturally aspirated.
David Z hit 13.8 but it was judged incorrect because the claim the were having "equipment" problems. Prior to that he ran a 14 flat

N/A 3L are either running 14.0-15.2 from what i've seen. Sorry I have no actual numbers.

David Z He's been absent from the forums recently. He's working on a turbo for that monster. He sold the 3L he referes to in his 27 to a cat27.
Originally posted by zeteched:
Does anyone have 1/4 times for a Contour running a 3.0L Duratec?? Must be naturally aspirated.

do u have to come on here and ask about everything we talk about??? just kidding,,, do u think u'r mom will put your zetec in her taurus and u get her duratec?
i hit 15.004 at 93.5
it was a 100 deg out and i was way out of tune...at dyno 2 days lata i was running super rich cause of a bad prom maf...changed it and re-dynoed for 207...so better numbers in the horizon.
Hey what do I get in return? You said "Gaurantee NO one can answer this question" I answered it...

Give me your zetec, I need a zetec. Love my SVT but damn those crazy lil 4bangers. I fear the highly modifed turbo Zetec.
I posted my best individual run in this forum about a month ago. I'm going to make you work for it, because I know I CAN aswer the question. (It's all in jest, but you know what to do.)

I also posted my best composite run just this week.

Let's just say that it is quite close to jaiko's time.
Which would give more torque on a Duratoc 2.5, a turbocharger or a supercharger? IMHO, it seems in terms of horsepower, the turbo would be the better choice.

I'm thinking that for our little 24V DOHC's the turbo's would be the better choice for the same amount of money - more valves for air in and more valves for exhaust out would give the turbo an advantage over the slower belt aspirated super. But without a properly flowing exhaust - and, no, not the ricer coffee can exhaust - wouldn't the backblow from the catalytic converter reduce the overall power ?

I can't decide between the two.

Tim
actually you have it backwards. The turbo has more torque than the centrifugal S/C. If the Vortech were a roots type, it might be different.

From what I have seen, the turbo and vortech aren't far off with the HP, but the turbo is way ahead with torque
Originally posted by fst4dr:
From what I have seen, the turbo and vortech aren't far off with the HP, but the turbo is way ahead with torque

If you only take into account peak numbers.

Looking at the power curve the turbo beats a S/C across the board because it makes boost right away. Therefore the entire curve is significantly stronger.

Because of this a turbo'd car should be significantly faster than a s/c car running through the gears. You are not at peak power very long while you are in the meat of the powerband constantly.
i thought SCs spool up faster because they don't have any backpressure to fight. Isn't that why there is a thing called turbo lag? i don't know about the specific turbo and SC in question but in general, that's what i've heard.
lag and such all depends on the size and type. A small turbo will spool up very quickly, where a larger turbo such as a t60, will take longer since it's bigger. A centrifugal blower would be exactly the same way, plus it's parasitic, adding onto the drag of your belt driven accessories. A roots blower (what's on the MN-12 SC's, GTP's, big cubed v8's) give you 100% boost right away, but for cars such as the tour and taurus which suck for traction, it's not a good idea. Roots blowers are best on RWD cars. I'd say go for the turbo, there are many more selections to get the setup wanted, and you can do them for cheaper if you hunt around enough.
© CEG Archives