Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
R/T = 1.191 R/T = .902 R/T = 1.196

60' = 2.663 60' = 2.513 260' = .595

330 ' = 7.320 330 ' = 7.078 330 ' = 7.254

1/8 = 10.902@70.02 1/8 = 10.858@65.02 1/8 = 11.003@66.162

1000' = 13.892 1000' = 14.095 1000' = ???

1/4 = 16.414@89.79 1/4 = 16.820@82.33 1/4 = 16.902@83.790

here are the times of the three fastest Zetec we have on here without bottles or turbos or S/C
does anyone see anything strange about anyof these three?
Yeah, I'm faster than you and you don't like it!
the first one....mid 16s w/89mph trap????

That was my trap at a 15.49 @ 89.......
yes.... look at where the 60's on all three and then the 330' and so on.... anything seem odd?
next question;
Did i;
a) do a bad job at faking a run?
or
b) do a bad job at photochopping a time slip?
so either way its not real? Well I really don't care....

Originally posted by Sleeper:
next question;
Did i;
a) do a bad job at faking a run?
or
b) do a bad job at photochopping a time slip?
No it's real, that's the arguement.
I'm glad you don't care, thank you, why must others?
The only thing I can think of....is that you sprayed it at half track??? otherwise, timers were off? Oh well off to bed
If it takes me the full 1/4 mile to get to 92.5 mph (at my best 91.5 average), then how can it only take my 1/8 mile to get to 90 mph?
Impossible!
Originally posted by Sleeper:
If it takes me the full 1/4 mile to get to 92.5 mph (at my best 91.5 average), then how can it only take my 1/8 mile to get to 90 mph?
Impossible!

cause you are already moving....
and so with a 75HP shot you can only go 3mph faster in the quarter????
Lets take a look at two runs that night,
one off the bottle and one on;

On
---
r/t 1.156
60' 2.273
330' 6.366
1/8 9.756
mph 73.12
1000' 12.652
1/4 15.121
mph 91.37

Off
---
r/t 1.191
60' 2.663
330' 7.320
1/8 10.920
mph 70.02
1000' 13.892
1/4 16.414
mph 89.79

At 1/8 mile when I am on the bottle I am running slightly over 3 mph faster than off the bottle.
But at 1/4 mile I am running only 1.5 mph faster.
Now I could see that it look like I got a boost, and I did, my power band kicked in.
But if, as you say, my nitrous kicked in, that would mean that my first run was not as efficeint as my second run.
Notice, my first run I go from 73.12 mph to 91.37 mph, a gain of 18.25 mph
But on my second run I go from 70.02 to 89.79, a gain of 19.77 mph.
OK I was looking through my time slips from last year when I had about 112hp my MPH then was mid 70's this year I haven't dynoed with my CTA intake or the TB brad did for me but I would guess combined I have about 15hp more. so with that I'm now running mid 80's in the quarter a 10mph jump but you had 75hp you can only get 3
which is partly why I think you did a spray late maybe not a full 75 shot but something to give to that big kick at the end.
possible bottle pressure drop?
Did the winds change direction? could also be humidity changing. Damn good numbers out of the Zetec regardless
Joe why must you start some sh*t? Just drop it and use it as motivation to mod your car more. If your so obsessed with being the fastest then just mod it.
Hector sit back and LOOK....
to get that kind of MPH which is what Hoalt is getting BTW
you need a hell of alot more HP than what he could possabily have without the bottle.
I am just one of 3 Zetec owners that this it's a BS time from him.
and I know one duratec owner that thinks that too.
and I really don't care who is the fastest Zetec.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 MTX Zetecs times... anything strange about them? - 08/27/02 06:54 AM
when i ran 15.8 i was always at 89mph and now i am at 15.2 at 92 it takes more power up top and a n/a zetec just aint got it but who am i to debate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 MTX Zetecs times... anything strange about them? - 08/27/02 07:00 AM
even on the bottle you'd be lucky to have as much power as i have at the wheels but hey if its legit good job . plus i have seen some tracks produce some odd times so i am always leary of comparing runs like this to really compare you would need to run at the same track on the same day there is too much that can differ
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Hector sit back and LOOK....
to get that kind of MPH which is what Hoalt is getting BTW
you need a hell of alot more HP than what he could possabily have without the bottle.
I am just one of 3 Zetec owners that this it's a BS time from him.
and I know one duratec owner that thinks that too.
and I really don't care who is the fastest Zetec.
If you didn't care you would of dropped it.
I don't know if this has any bearing on the discussion or not, but I don't think PIR is exactly the best track. It is part of the front straight on the normal track and may not be perfectly flat (could be a little up hill actually). Also getting traction off the line is nearly impossible (wheel hop is incredibly bad). Here are my numbers from my 00 SVT on the same track a night earlier (about the same temp / humidity):

r/t ... .620
60' ... 2.358 (only time out of 11 runs I've had a 2.3, the rest have been 2.4's)
330 ... 6.562
1/8 ... 10.024
MPH ... 70.95
1000... 12.996
1/4 ... 15.531
MPH ... 88.36 (my best trap ever there was 89.18)

I am far from a drag racer. This is the only track I've ever tried it on and I've only made 11 passes as stated above. I do have 17's on my car (Enkei RS5's) but I feel I should be trapping a little faster. I just wanted to give you guys something to compare it agains, albeit apples and oranges.

I believe that he ran it fairly. There isn't much to gain from lying about it obviously. Hopefully I'll meet him at the track one of these nights and I'll let you know for sure.
Originally posted by Qbert:
I don't know if this has any bearing on the discussion or not, but I don't think PIR is exactly the best track. It is part of the front straight on the normal track and may not be perfectly flat (could be a little up hill actually). Also getting traction off the line is nearly impossible (wheel hop is incredibly bad). Here are my numbers from my 00 SVT on the same track a night earlier (about the same temp / humidity):

r/t ... .620
60' ... 2.358 (only time out of 11 runs I've had a 2.3, the rest have been 2.4's)
330 ... 6.562
1/8 ... 10.024
MPH ... 70.95
1000... 12.996
1/4 ... 15.531

I am far from a drag racer. This is the only track I've ever tried it on and I've only made 11 passes as stated above. I do have 17's on my car (Enkei RS5's) but I feel I should be trapping a little faster. I just wanted to give you guys something to compare it agains, albeit apples and oranges.

I believe that he ran it fairly. There isn't much to gain from lying about it obviously. Hopefully I'll meet him at the track one of these nights and I'll let you know for sure.

I'm not saying it's a bad track...
hector, HisSvt2 and I all goto Route 66 in Joliet... one of the top strips in the nation.
what I am saying is based on his MPH he has to be puting down around 150-160HP at the wheels which with the mods he has not counting the bottle is not possiable, he even said on aim to me he had about 120hp without the bottle but doesn't have the dyno graph. I have similar mods to him he has a supership, 2.25" flex pipe, oil cooler and I have an underdrive pulley and an optimized TB from bnoon and no chip 2" flex pipe and no oil coler.
what he has that I do and what I have that he doesn't give you very little HP difference. and HP is what gets you the higher MPH in the quarter. and when he adds a 75 shot of NOS he only gain 3mph where me I added about 10-15hp since I first ran my car at the track and I gain about 10mph something there doesn't add up.
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Originally posted by Qbert:

r/t ... .620
330 ... 6.562
1/8 ... 10.024
MPH ... 70.95
1000... 12.996
1/4 ... 15.531

I'm not saying it's a bad track...
hector, HisSvt2 and I all goto Route 66 in Joliet... one of the top strips in the nation.
what I am saying is based on his MPH he has to be puting down around 150-160HP at the wheels which with the mods he has not counting the bottle is not possiable, he even said on aim to me he had about 120hp without the bottle but doesn't have the dyno graph. I have similar mods to him he has a supership, 2.25" flex pipe, oil cooler and I have an underdrive pulley and an optimized TB from bnoon and no chip 2" flex pipe and no oil coler.
what he has that I do and what I have that he doesn't give you very little HP difference. and HP is what gets you the higher MPH in the quarter. and when he adds a 75 shot of NOS he only gain 3mph where me I added about 10-15hp since I first ran my car at the track and I gain about 10mph something there doesn't add up.
Whoa...a slower 60', a slower 1/8th, then he blasts ahead by .4 sec with an AMAZING trap (89 MPH is consistant with about 180+ HP). Looks like a slow start then someone lit afterburners....

there are only a limited number of plausible explainations..and unless we are talking eye of hurricane, tailwind isn't one of em..

I've seen timeslips with crazy mph. At Byron May 01, IIRC I saw a timeslip with a 110mph on it...yet it ran a 15.xx....timers were off bad
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Whoa...a slower 60', a slower 1/8th, then he blasts ahead by .4 sec with an AMAZING trap (89 MPH is consistant with about 180+ HP). Looks like a slow start then someone lit afterburners....

there are only a limited number of plausible explainations..and unless we are talking eye of hurricane, tailwind isn't one of em..

that's what I have been getting at the whole time
he says he has about the same HP and me and D Davis which are the other two times up with his and for better than half the race he is behind and then all of the sudden he jumps ahead but a considerable amount. only cars I have seen do that are ones on the bottle where sleeper says he wasn't. if I am missing somthing that could cause minimal mph gain where me with adding ~15hp to gain 10mph in my quarter runs please tell me.
© CEG Archives