Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: OneSlowSVT99 1/4 mile times - 08/21/06 09:40 PM
Well if you guys remeber I am the 'future' purchaser of a CSVT

Just wondering

with a Borla exhuast, injen intake, stage 2 clutch and flywheel, B&M short thorw shifter, BFGoodrich g force tires what SHOULD the contour run in the quater mile??

Also what kind of #'s should the car be putting down?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/21/06 09:44 PM
really depends. Its hard to say. Ive seen lightly modded svts run high 14s and heavily modded svts run mid to high 15s. Everyone can vouch for that at Spring Zing this year. Track conditions were terrible. Really depends on track conditions and your driving ability. Your probably in the mid to upper 170 whp range. Btw, this belongs in the dyno and drag section.

PS. Hope your Stage 2 clutch holds up since you have the Kevlar. Let the glazing begin!
Posted By: OneSlowSVT99 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/21/06 09:46 PM
Sorry guys, but I am new to the forum..

So how do these hold up against bone stock mustang GT's?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/21/06 09:48 PM
What year mustang for a more specific answer... but the mustangs are faster stock vs. stock. But mustangs don't handle near as well. Contours aren't drag cars.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/21/06 10:48 PM
About that Stage II comment: Back in April, I had my car w/ a Spec Stage II at the local late nite drags. I let another CEGer do a bunch of runs. Between us, we must have done at least a dozen trips down the strip, probably 5 or 6 runs in the last hour alone.

And I did 4 more runs at another local strip yesterday. No clutch burn smell, it still grabs hard when I do 4000 rpm clutch drops. I bought it used from another CEGer and now I've driven it daily for 18 months. Without problems. And I'm looking to buy drag radials by next spring.

So are these those horrible glazing symptoms I was supposed to have?
Posted By: OneSlowSVT99 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 01:47 AM
wel i was wondering how this car would do against 5.0 mustangs and the 4.6 mustangs..

I am either in the market for an SVT or a GTP and I cannot decide which to get. I kind of want something diffrent that not alot of people have.

Also looking for something that it a riot to drive. That is why I am looking at these contours.

So can I break 15 with these mods?
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 01:50 AM
Stock vs. stock they will pull down your shorts and hand you your own ass. I've seen it happen, it's rather embarassing. Now boost one...
Posted By: TRicker Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 02:20 AM
redlineracer12 stuck right dead even to a 5spd GT with headers and a cat back, and an intake. he had an intake, xcal tune, borla exhaust, and MSDS headers/y pipe. they are a low 15 second stock. bolt on a nitrous kit and be in the 14's if you wanna beat a stock mustang.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 02:29 AM
If you put a 3.0L in your SVT, you certainly wont have a problem with a stock GTP. I know Mark and his 3.0L SVT beats both GTPs and Mustang 4.6L GT's.
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 04:54 AM
i beat mustang gts and gtps and have
3.0l
p&p heads
pro-m maf
2.5 exhaust
superchip
and more toys
and soon headers

and i beat srt-4 stock
and by a .5 second beat me a srt-4 with stage1 and borla exhaust and aem intake

and by a .3 second beat me a camaro ss with headers, ram air intake and semi slicks

this are great cars buth the contour svt with mods are better 4drs full interiors
Posted By: elraido Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by 97loudcut:
wel i was wondering how this car would do against 5.0 mustangs and the 4.6 mustangs..

I am either in the market for an SVT or a GTP and I cannot decide which to get. I kind of want something diffrent that not alot of people have.

Also looking for something that it a riot to drive. That is why I am looking at these contours.

So can I break 15 with these mods?

The GTP handles like a boat in mud with a trunk full of dead monkies. The Contour is a MUCH MUCH better handling car. Where I live, everyone and their mother owns a GTP or Regal GS. Sure they are quick but like stated before they don't handle well, and if anything goes on them it can be a little more $$$ than the tour. Heck if the engine dies on you, you can get a 3.0L for $600-$800 and drop it in. New engine, more power, more fun.
Posted By: OneSlowSVT99 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 02:28 PM
cool

all things seem to be pointing to the SVT

it was ford dealer maintained, always had mobil 1, and the mods on it are actually expensive and done right.

I am going to test drive it wednesday.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/22/06 10:57 PM
Good Luck. Keep in touch with this site so we can help you along the way.

And my 3L hybrid pulls mustang 4.6's at a roll
(um...on the track...) It's quite fun watching the reactions of the other drivers.
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/24/06 09:31 PM
i took my csvt up to the track two weeks ago, i was so let down, so last night i brought my gf's '04 Jetta GLi...its chipped, diverter valve, K&N...and some other stuff...and her car pull better times, my csvt is pretty much stock except for exhaust

csvt 16.2 (awful i know)
GLi 15.8 (not great for the car either)
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 09:45 AM
i have a video beating a mustang cobra 98 buth is illegal to post here i will be baned if i post it
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 12:17 PM
Ok im sorry but a contour will not beat an 06 gt mustang , unless your running in the high 13's , i ran a 13.8, thats the best time i could get out of it stock. and i doubt them beating a 98 cobrah , becuase my buddy has a stock one and he ran a 14.1 with that . now a gtp, yea ill give you that one. i guess a turbo 3l would
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
Ok im sorry but a contour will not beat an 06 gt mustang , unless your running in the high 13's , i ran a 13.8, thats the best time i could get out of it stock. and i doubt them beating a 98 cobrah , becuase my buddy has a stock one and he ran a 14.1 with that . now a gtp, yea ill give you that one. i guess a turbo 3l would

I beat stock GTPs from a roll with my 2.5L. GTPs in stock form are slow.

If you think it would take a turbo 3L to beat a 98 cobra...well ya.

Having driven a 2.5L turbo and currently owning a 3L I am pretty certain of what the car is capable of.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 07:05 PM
Needing a 3L Turbo to beat a 98 Cobra is NOT required. Its...

overkill.

Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 08:55 PM
well maybe somebody think that a mustang cobra is a beast buth remember with a little tuning our cars are better a real 4dr sports car and if you don't believe me just search in google video and search svt vs cobra and you will see i have a little mod svt with a 3.0l block superchip and some toys and in that drag racing i have problem with my 3rd gear anyway if i dont fail to shift the victory would be more notorious i hope not to be banned
Posted By: NiggShevik Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/25/06 11:27 PM
They break.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/26/06 12:09 AM
Originally posted by RRT_SVT:
well maybe somebody think that a mustang cobra is a beast buth remember with a little tuning our cars are better a real 4dr sports car and if you don't believe me just search in google video and search svt vs cobra and you will see i have a little mod svt with a 3.0l block superchip and some toys and in that drag racing i have problem with my 3rd gear anyway if i dont fail to shift the victory would be more notorious i hope not to be banned

That might be readable if it were not 1 sentence.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/26/06 12:57 AM
It might be more than one sentence if he wasn't speaking a second language.

Try replying to him in a second language to you, without aid of translator, and see how "teh suck" it is. I think he's got one up on a lot of us!
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/26/06 02:44 AM
Listen all im saying is that my car ran a 13.8 when it was stock . contours arent close, id like to race a turbo 3l at the track ...... wouldnt be much for me but lets here what you guys have to say
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/26/06 02:50 AM
At a track is a TOTALLY different story than at a track (no )

You lose a LOT of your advantage when you have differing variables at the track , versus being a set way and set method at the track (no )

I don't think it would be QUITE so easy for you, if you tried it, I mean.
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: 1/4 mile times - 08/27/06 12:29 AM
Well i know itll run a hell of alot lower now, but well have to take it to the track and see what now, id like to see real lows 12's.
© CEG Archives